Injury Report: Oct. 23: JVR close to skating (out 5-to-6 weeks, Oct. 8); Neuvirth could rejoin Flyers Oct. 25

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Maybe not a typical concussion but a whiplash and some discomfort in his neck?
Concussions are normally treated as day-to-day and they do not give such a detailed timetable.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Only the Flyers would win the 2nd pick in a bad draft via lottery & end up with an injury prone player who is another concussion away from Brett Lindros.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Pretty incredible that an organization can have 7 injuries after training camp/preseason and 2 regular season games.

Neuvirth
Lyon
Sanheim
Couturier
Laberge
MacDonald
JVR

This is gonna be one of those seasons.

Add Patrick to the list. Yep. Definitely going to be one of those seasons.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Don't forget the leeches.

blackadder-leeches.jpg

Reactions: Rebels57

beet

Apr 22, 2017
Oh van riemsdyk is definately worth 7 million for five years, I mean, he got over 50 points last year. Who doesnt think he should earn more than guys like Johnny Gaudreau?
I said it at the time, I watched him slow down in toronto and he is almost 30. When hextal is paying 7 million per year for old, fat, slow james while he is lucky to break 30 points you will all say, "beet was right".
It was a horrible signing. The same people who said giroux was overpaid at 8 million celebrated JVR at 7. Toronto were the smart ones with jvr, his best years at a good price. They were smart to let someone else overpay for a declining player.
Hextall seems to have a plan for the defence, but he is pretty baffling with what he does with the forwards.

beet

Apr 22, 2017
JVR and his 54 points last year, past the prime of his career, was certainly a steal, I mean, of course he should make more money than Bergeron, Gaudreau, MacKinnon, Terasenko, Sheiffele.
Hextall sure got a steal. Cant wait to see 34 year old 7 million dollar JVR toiling on the 4th line.

Reactions: tictactoe

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
JVR and his 54 points last year, past the prime of his career, was certainly a steal, I mean, of course he should make more money than Bergeron, Gaudreau, MacKinnon, Terasenko, Sheiffele.
Hextall sure got a steal. Cant wait to see 34 year old 7 million dollar JVR toiling on the 4th line.

Good thing there is no correlation between how long ago those contracts were signed, RFA/UFA status and their value. Nope none at all, just a bullet proof argument that encapsulates your genius level of economics.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
I can definitely see how RFA contracts of young players with the teams that drafted them would be comparable to the UFA contract of a player on the open market. Not to mention he was paid a little extra to avoid a NTC, which is 100% the right move.

:eyeroll:

Exactly, cause we all know Tavares is worth more than Crosby right?

Sigh. These people. Seriously.

Reactions: Striiker

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
October 23 updates (in case these have yet to be seen):

Practice Report: Hextall addresses state of team

* James van Riemsdyk will begin skating in a few days, however he is still on his original timeline of 5-6 weeks from Oct. 8, marking the earliest possible return the week of Nov. 12.

* Michael Neuvirth is fully healthy and ready to go... the GM stated that he is most likely to be sent to the Phantoms on a conditioning assignment to get some game action in.​

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Well Raffl getting hurt means they can carry three goalies without making another roster move.

IF Neuvirth's AHL start goes well, maybe he will play against NY on Saturday, or on the West coast road trip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad