Injury Report: Oct. 23: JVR close to skating (out 5-to-6 weeks, Oct. 8); Neuvirth could rejoin Flyers Oct. 25

StumbleBum7

Dec 7, 2009
Pennsylvania
Flyers luck continues... ouch

OTF: van Riemsdyk Injury Update

==================

VOORHEES, N.J. — Two games into the regular season and the Flyers have already taken a blow.
James van Riemsdyk, the biggest free-agent signing of the Ron Hextall era, will miss approximately five to six weeks with a lower-body injury suffered in last Saturday's 5-2 loss to the Avalanche.

A five-week absence would have the left winger out until at least Nov. 10, a span of 14 games.
At Monday's practice, Jordan Weal skated with Wayne Simmonds and rookie center Mikhail Vorobyev, which will likely be the first look head coach Dave Hakstol uses for the new third line. Weal was a healthy scratch over the first two regular-season games.​

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...riemsdyk-out-5-6-weeks-with-lower-body-injury

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
JVR was a bad idea anyway. I hate when we go get ghosts of Flyers past as though there aren't other talents out there. Like going back to an ex girlfriend...there's a reason it didn't work out in the first place.

I realize his injury isn't his fault. Just wasn't happy about us signing him back to begin with so I am complaining.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
JVR was a bad idea anyway. I hate when we go get ghosts of Flyers past as though there aren't other talents out there. Like going back to an ex girlfriend...there's a reason it didn't work out in the first place.

I realize his injury isn't his fault. Just wasn't happy about us signing him back to begin with so I am complaining.

He was basically the best fit for the team this off season so eliminating him as an option just because he played here already wouldn't really be smart

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Good thing they kept Weal or it'd be Weise playing the next ~15 games.

StumbleBum7

Dec 7, 2009
Pennsylvania
I was excited to have JVR back at least like another poster said I thought he was the best fit out there for this team. Hopefully they can stay relatively healthy this season other than this early obstacle.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
MacDonald was supposed to be out 6 weeks with a LBI and came back in less than half that.

Hopefully there is another case of Hextall adding extra weeks to an injury timetable just to be safe.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

This makes no sense.

He was the best option available to us. It doesnt matter if hes been here before.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík

what

Reactions: Striiker

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
I wonder what it is. Don't usually miss time from a puck to the inside of the knee so I guess it chipped/fractured a bone?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I guess they will put JVR on IR, when Neuvirth or Lyon is ready to be activated.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Do you hear the footsteps?
JampackedWarmDeinonychus-size_restricted.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad