Injury Report: Oct. 23: JVR close to skating (out 5-to-6 weeks, Oct. 8); Neuvirth could rejoin Flyers Oct. 25

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
I say go out and make a deal for Nylander. Add another dynamic player to this team. Prospect depth is great and we can afford to move assets. Give us a dynamic offense and the defense is coming around.
Don't trade your assets for offense, use it for a top 4 dman instead. MacDo on this roster is mindblowing...

Reactions: Tripod

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I would trade Sanheim or Myers for Nylander in a split second.

But Toronto isn’t going to trade him to a conference rival.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I say go out and make a deal for Nylander. Add another dynamic player to this team. Prospect depth is great and we can afford to move assets. Give us a dynamic offense and the defense is coming around.

We are not the Pens.

Without generational talent up front you actually need defense and goaltending to win a cup. Just look around the league: contenders run at least 4 good two way defensemen in front of a clear cut starting goalie. Nylander does nothing for the Flyers. They would score 5 goals and yield 6 goals against every game and still lose. Until the top-4 are carved in stone they can't make such trade without making two steps backwards.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
If you’re willing to part with Myers/Sanheim++ it probably is.
Depending on what the pluses and which Nylander I'd be interested. If the plus is one of the them and a ton more, then no. If it is Sanheim or Myers plus a draft pick or a middle of the road prospect, then yes.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Depending on what the pluses and which Nylander I'd be interested. If the plus is one of the them and a ton more, then no. If it is Sanheim or Myers plus a draft pick or a middle of the road prospect, then yes.

You’d more than likely have to give up multiple premium assets in totality to pry Nylander out of there. It wouldn’t be cheap.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
We have 2 defensemen in the entire system, beyond our top pair, with real projectable top 4 upside. Our future defense and any thought of contending gets decimated without both of them.

So, by all means trade one (++) for a top 6 RW. I've always said we don't have enough RWs.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Pretty incredible that an organization can have 7 injuries after training camp/preseason and 2 regular season games.

Neuvirth
Lyon
Sanheim
Couturier
Laberge
MacDonald
JVR

This is gonna be one of those seasons.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Twarynski is the guy that I'd call to take JVR's spot. Leave the rest of the forwards where they are. Twarynski showed that he had some skills in TC/PS. I like his physicality and moxie. To put Weal in the lineup causes too many changes. Plus we've seen what he can do and it isn't much.

Reactions: Jtown

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Trading Bob was a bad move because even here he was one of the best goalies we had. JVR didn't look like a #2 here, he looked great in Toronto, but his style is not suited to the Metropolitan division. He bear hugs instead of hits and is soft on the boards. Again, as a Flyers fan, if he proves me wrong it's a great thing. But my stance on him as a player has been the same since we drafted him.

Being good on one team doesn't mean you'll be good on another. Just like putting Briere in Phoenix vs Buffalo. Depending on your style of play and the type of play in your division, can dictate your success. We see it all the time with players all across the NHL

Fat Phil Kessel seems to do alright in this division.

Reactions: GingerBeards

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Pretty incredible that an organization can have 7 injuries after training camp/preseason and 2 regular season games.

Neuvirth
Lyon
Sanheim
Couturier
Laberge
MacDonald
JVR

This is gonna be one of those seasons.
Yikes! Didn't realize it was that bad.

I was REALLY rooting for JVR, really liked him in Toronto (minus the mouth guard), and really wanted to see if he was coming into his own as the new Dave Andreychuk, or if he was playing for a contract like I feel too many players do these days.

It amazing that the Flyers always seem to be hurt, a lot, I know it's been years, but my mind always goes back to Carl Lindros ripping the staff for missing something with Big E.

Looking forward to seeing a healthy lineup

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
You’d more than likely have to give up multiple premium assets in totality to pry Nylander out of there. It wouldn’t be cheap.
Well I wouldn't consider a top defensive prospect PLUS anything else cheap. I'm still not sure which Nylander we're talking about either. Haha

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Fat Phil Kessel seems to do alright in this division.
Your point? I’m saying some players are products of their systems and do better against certain types of rivals. It’s a pretty normal observation. I believe jvr is best suited for the division he was in or maybe even the South. The gritty metro isn’t the best fit for his style of play

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Your point? I’m saying some players are products of their systems and do better against certain types of rivals. It’s a pretty normal observation. I believe jvr is best suited for the division he was in or maybe even the South. The gritty metro isn’t the best fit for his style of play

My point is there are plenty of “non-gritty” players in the Flyers division that are successful.
I am sure they know what they are getting when they signed JVr. A skilled player that can score 5v5. They can sprinkle “grit” in with other players. Let’s get quality players in place before worrying about grit.

Reactions: BernieParent

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Nothing credible indicates so but he hasn’t signed a contract to this point.
I have to imagine they're going to do whatever it takes to sign him. Back to back 60+ point seasons and he's only 22. Kadri seems like a more likely candidate to be dealt (and I'd be interested in him too).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad