Injury Report: Oct. 23: JVR close to skating (out 5-to-6 weeks, Oct. 8); Neuvirth could rejoin Flyers Oct. 25

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
PP2 gave up a shorty in Game 1.
Knocked JVR out in Game 2.

I'm guessing Lindblom takes his spot, but Lehtera is a darkhorse!

Last edited:

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I say go out and make a deal for Nylander. Add another dynamic player to this team. Prospect depth is great and we can afford to move assets. Give us a dynamic offense and the defense is coming around.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I say go out and make a deal for Nylander. Add another dynamic player to this team. Prospect depth is great and we can afford to move assets. Give us a dynamic offense and the defense is coming around.
Leafs would want a center peice bigger than Sanheim, I'll tell ya that much...
They're very much win now to boot.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
This makes no sense.

He was the best option available to us. It doesnt matter if hes been here before.

That's subjective. I am not a JVR fan, I do not like his style of play - I think if he does in any way live up to his potential as a #2 overall pick it's in a different division (like when he was in Toronto). He is missing a qualitative part of his game that translates best to this conference. So this makes plenty of sense because in my opinion, I did not like him when we drafted him, when he was on our team and now that he's back. My opinion has been 100% consistent on him as a player. If he proves me wrong, it's to my advantage since I am a Flyers fan

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Do you hear the footsteps?
JampackedWarmDeinonychus-size_restricted.gif
omg Jeff must be so happy to bring up a player that underachieves and wreaks of borderline mediocrity

GingerBeards

Apr 24, 2018
This makes no sense.

He was the best option available to us. It doesnt matter if hes been here before.
Exactly. I don't get that logic at all. We traded Bob too soon and he went on to win multiple Vezinas. Would we not want him back, simply because we already had him before?

Reactions: renberg

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Exactly. I don't get that logic at all. We traded Bob too soon and he went on to win multiple Vezinas. Would we not want him back, simply because we already had him before?

Trading Bob was a bad move because even here he was one of the best goalies we had. JVR didn't look like a #2 here, he looked great in Toronto, but his style is not suited to the Metropolitan division. He bear hugs instead of hits and is soft on the boards. Again, as a Flyers fan, if he proves me wrong it's a great thing. But my stance on him as a player has been the same since we drafted him.

Being good on one team doesn't mean you'll be good on another. Just like putting Briere in Phoenix vs Buffalo. Depending on your style of play and the type of play in your division, can dictate your success. We see it all the time with players all across the NHL

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That's subjective. I am not a JVR fan, I do not like his style of play - I think if he does in any way live up to his potential as a #2 overall pick it's in a different division (like when he was in Toronto). He is missing a qualitative part of his game that translates best to this conference. So this makes plenty of sense because in my opinion, I did not like him when we drafted him, when he was on our team and now that he's back. My opinion has been 100% consistent on him as a player. If he proves me wrong, it's to my advantage since I am a Flyers fan
You may not like his style, but the quantity of his goal production is not subjective and that's all that matters to me.

We needed goals, he provides them. Nobody else available was a better fit for that need.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I've noticed how fat he looks, so I figure this is actually a middle body injury, and they are telling lies to protect him when he comes back so other teams won't target his gut.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I know your joking but I honestly thought he has looked heavier in general.

I know, several people have mentioned it seriously. The picture I have gotten on the first two games has been diabolical - the first one was dark as ****, and the second one was blurry as ****, so I can't really tell. No one really looks fat compared to Keith Tkachuk. Maybe Schenner, but that's it.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Is that doable? Also, which Nylander are we talking? Are either actually available? I'm on board either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad