Injury Report: Oct. 23: JVR close to skating (out 5-to-6 weeks, Oct. 8); Neuvirth could rejoin Flyers Oct. 25

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
JVR and his 54 points last year, past the prime of his career, was certainly a steal, I mean, of course he should make more money than Bergeron, Gaudreau, MacKinnon, Terasenko, Sheiffele.
Hextall sure got a steal. Cant wait to see 34 year old 7 million dollar JVR toiling on the 4th line.

So would I, since he'll be a UFA.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
To be fair to Elliott, he has looked better the last couple games, looks like he took something for his arthritis and was able to throw away his cane.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
inB4 Neuvy reinjures while in AHL for conditioning..
tumblr_m2sp5rzK6l1r6fra8.gif

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Comparing contracts signed in past offseasons, some even years ago to a contract signed this past sumer. Just a brilliant thought process.
Do people even think before they type? For the millionth time every year its a different market with a higher salary cap.
The JVR signing was fine relative to what other UFAs signed for this past summer

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Comparing contracts signed in past offseasons, some even years ago to a contract signed this past sumer. Just a brilliant thought process.
Do people even think before they type? For the millionth time every year its a different market with a higher salary cap.
The JVR signing was fine relative to what other UFAs signed for this past summer

But why sign an injury prone player to a $35,000,000, deal? :sarcasm:

beet

Apr 22, 2017
Oh van riemsdyk is definately worth 7 million for five years, I mean, he got over 50 points last year. Who doesnt think he should earn more than guys like Johnny Gaudreau?
I said it at the time, I watched him slow down in toronto and he is almost 30. When hextal is paying 7 million per year for old, fat, slow james while he is lucky to break 30 points you will all say, "beet was right".
It was a horrible signing. The same people who said giroux was overpaid at 8 million celebrated JVR at 7. Toronto were the smart ones with jvr, his best years at a good price. They were smart to let someone else overpay for a declining player.
Hextall seems to have a plan for the defence, but he is pretty baffling with what he does with the forwards.
bump. They will be lucky to not finish last. They got worse, not better. People tried to tell you all but you wouldnt listen. Enjoy the many years to come of JVR having zero impact and being out of the lineup more than in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad