Observations XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The Subban cliff dive and the Weber cap recapture are two subjects that can almost always get me going. Maybe along with the Jones/Johansen trade. I don't know if I've ever seen something like the Subban case before, and still don't understand it outside of just random speculation. Kudos to Poile on getting his timing down as well as could have been hoped in the midst of that.

Reactions: bdub24

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Nobody says we stay shut down for a year. NOBODY. Stop throwing that out there because it's just not true. Every state is going to slowly reopen. Andy Beshear has been as strict as any governor and we have an plan to reopen. But in person sporting events where people sit 3 inches from each other will not(or should not) be coming back until there is a vaccine no matter how many crazy people like you demand it.

Not to get sidetracked here- but- more and more evidence continues to surface showing that this thing is far, far less deadly that just about everyone predicted. It is also almost a near certainty that this virus was here and circulating in January and February, not just in March when we locked down. And there are some reported cases in DECEMBER.

If that is true, and it almost certainly is- for 3-4 months the virus was here and circulating, and just no one knew it. And during that time we were all living our lives- schools were open, we were going to bars, concerts, sporting events, beaches, restaurants, etc, etc. (Heck, we went to an Atlanta United game on March 7. 70,000 inside a dome- and we took the Subway to and from- basically a riding petri dish).

And yet here we stand today with a 99% survival rate overall in the U.S. Saw a stat today- the percentage of people who have tested positive is 0.42% of the total population. And killed 0.02 of the population.

Here in my state of Alabama, there has not been a SINGLE death under the age of 50 without severe pre-existing conditions. And 95% of all deaths had severe pre-existing conditions which the vast majority being over 70.

The state of Georgia opened up 3 weeks ago and all the "coronobros" absolutely destroyed the Governor- saying "wait a few weeks and watch the bodies pile up". So what happeened? Their cases and deaths have plummeted.

For something that has a 99% survival rate, we are completely destroying our economy and our country- 35 million out of job- 15% unemployment rate and rising. That will lead to thousands of deaths- thousands- yet no one ever mentions that- and those deaths will not be limited to the elderly and those already with conditions- it will hit all demographics. Not to mention, the poverty, homelessness, drug addiction, domestic abuse, and severe, severe mental health issues. (I am blessed that right now we are healthy and have our jobs, and even then I have been battling depression over this whole situation- i can't imagine how I would survive if I could not eat or pay my bills).

It is truly terrifying- the scariest thing I have ever seen in my 53 years of living- how so many people are reacting to this- and want everything shut down indefinitely- as if we are facing some sort of black plague that will kill millions just be going outside and getting near people. People who continue to say "if it saves just one life, the shutdown is worth it". NO- it is not.

There simply is no evidence that social distancing and shutting down our economy and staying home actually works. In fact, there is growing support for just the opposite- getting outside and letting our immune systems do their job

Are some people going to die because of this virus?? Yes- absolutely. It is a tragic thing. But no more so than any of the other thousands of deaths that happen every day (and are not limited to such a small demographic)

Apologies for getting off on a tangent- it is just my very long winded way of saying- it is time to open back up and get back to normal as quickly as possible, and that includes sports- and hopefully with fans soon. If the Preds had a home game tomorrow, with fans- I would 100% be there and not have a second thought about it.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
2017 Playoffs Round 2, Game 3 vs St.Louis.

The series moves to Smashville tied at 1-1.

Fox Sports TN, 7pm (Central)
Replay at 11pm, 5am (Fri), 12pm (Fri)

*Also available on the FSGo App!

Post-Game Talk: - WIN!!! WCSF - Game 3 - St. Louis at Nashville - NSH Leads 2-1

One of two games I got to go to in this playoff run with the other being Game 6 of the Finals and this is probably the most fun I've ever had at a game in person. McLeod's goal was definitely the highlight for me.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I remember going with my dad. Met a couple guys, Phaneuf, Michalek, a few others.

Somewhere out there is an photo of me with the Cup that is in a disposable camera that my now ex wife managed to lose.....

I believe that was also the first time I met 303 and some of the other board denizens in person as well.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Somewhere out there is an photo of me with the Cup that is in a disposable camera that my now ex wife managed to lose.....

I believe that was also the first time I met 303 and some of the other board denizens in person as well.

I remember your writing about that at the time!

To this day I think PattyPred was probably the one responsible for getting GoalieBoy that gig.

That was such a fun day--I had no clue that was such an amazing group of players in that draft, but I do remember being very impressed with David Poile for getting so many picks when it was in front of our crowd. I was such a newbie to the draft process that I made the mistake of taking a break between first and second rounds--I had no idea it would go so much faster. Ha! My daughter still holds a grudge that I missed one of her 2 (identical) dance recitals for the draft, but shhhh, I'd do it again.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Watching STL Game 4 on FSTN- man that Neal goal to make it 2-0 was one of my favorite goals of the entire run

Good times

Reactions: Adz

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Game 6 Post Game. Fun Times.

20170507_165554.jpg

Reactions: sparkle twin

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Damn, hearing that crowd go crazy makes me miss being at games. I always forget just how loud and crazy it is in the arena during the playoffs.

Amen to that- the first game back at Bridgestone- with fans- whenever that might be- is going to be some kind of incredible

And watching all of the Cup run games again just reinforces what I have been saying since then- nothing is going to ever top that Cup run. I know it sounds insane, but even if we someday win the Cup, I do not think it, or anything else, will ever be able to match the magic of that unbelievable 2 month run. Beating 3 of our biggest rivals back to back to back- all 3 clinchers at home, etc, etc, etc.

The actual Cup winning game will- but not the entire run

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Amen to that- the first game back at Bridgestone- with fans- whenever that might be- is going to be some kind of incredible

And watching all of the Cup run games again just reinforces what I have been saying since then- nothing is going to ever top that Cup run. I know it sounds insane, but even if we someday win the Cup, I do not think it, or anything else, will ever be able to match the magic of that unbelievable 2 month run. Beating 3 of our biggest rivals back to back to back- all 3 clinchers at home, etc, etc, etc.

The actual Cup winning game will- but not the entire run
I agree with this. Just wrapped up watching the win to clinch over S Louis and it took me back to that feeling where the team and the town were exploding onto the scene. Skyline was expanding, people suddenly wanted to be here... move here... visit here. The team captured the city’s imagination and it felt like hockey emerged into the public consciousness. It was in the air. It was the moment.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I've done an alphabet roster. (all-time players but you can only have one player per letter)

I've done a bandy roster.

WILL THEY HURRY THE f*** UP WITH THIS f***ING PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *twitch*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad