Trade: [OAK/PIT] Antonio Brown for 3rd and 5th round pick

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
With AB on the roster, Carr needs to be quicker on his decision making when going deep. Plus he puts too much air under the ball on his deep shots that his WR is often having to jump ball against the corner or safety.

AB is temperamental, so see how Carr reacts to that. Look at how many games Cooper caught 2 balls or less.

Definitely would like to see the Raiders add a good TE in the draft late in round 1. Its a very good group this year and they will need someone behind Cook who turns 32 in April.

Cook is a free agent

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I don't think Carr is as bad as some people on here think.

The guy is still only 27 and hasn't exactly had some great players to throw too. Cooper/Carr's chemistry went down the drain after 2016 for some reason and theres been nobody else to compensate.
Carr was progressing well until 11 fumbles and a zillion sacks. I'm still a believer tho. Chuckie and big chest are the teams ego, and he'll never be more responsible for success than them.

Josh Allen at 22 has put the Bills on his back win or lose. He don't need an ego receiver right now. He needs a guy that grows with him and the team(hoping Foster).

As for the whole stupid AB sit. I hope all fans besides Raider fans hate it. He's planted a seed that CBA's and contracts are not that powerful with Twitterz around. Great when ya get the guy, but I feel for Steeler fans who watched 'fake news' from minute one in this whole circus. Fwiw I hate the Steelers too

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Moss 2.0, except older and even more cancerous than ever.

On the surface, a 3rd and a 5th for a player with Brown’s talent looks like a steal. So congrats to the Raiders on that.

Unfortunately, Brown is pretty much the last thing that team needs from a personality stand point. This **** has the potential to get UGLY, very fast.

We’ll see.

On the flipside they need talent on both sides of the ball and Brown is still a top-10 WR in football.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Raider Nation, Stand Up!!! The Birds are my #1 team, but I have always had a soft spot for the Raiders - and them acquiring Mr. Big Chest for a bag of footballs is excellent.

What I love are the salty Steelers fans throwing all this shade. Derek Carr is a better QB than Ben, their draft capital is incredibly impressive, and Gruden is a proven winner. Mayock also an excellent GM - @agent was on NFL Network earlier talking about how good he is.

Freaking love this, he’s gonna wreck the AFC as a Raider... you’re all idiots saying he’s Moss 2.0. Have fun with that $20M empty cap hit, Steelers fans, you’re on the downswing. And just be glad your team doesn’t play the Raiders until 2021, because they OWN Pittsburgh.

Raiders will be 5-11. Gruden's winning pct is the same as Jeff Fisher.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
I’m loving all of these Steelers fans crying on here how ab is such a jerk and he’s mr big chest and oh he’s a cancer lol. But you absolutely loved him for the last 6 years. Now he’s a bum right?
Just like bell is a bum too right??

Maybe the problem in Pittsburgh is the QB?
or maybe that it's both all of their faults. AB is a jerk just as much as Bell is, and Ben might be a bigger jerk than both of them.

AB is a jerk and you could tell how this game was gonna end at least two seasons ago. The walking away from coaches mid-argument, the bringing a live FB stream into the locker room despite being told not to do it. You could tell the defiance was slowly building over time. Bell is just as guilty of using Twitter as his soapbox for things that probably should have been kept behind closed doors. And Ben went one step above and vented about "Coach Todd" and numerous players (specifically his WRs) on his weekly radio show. Again, things that should have been handled in-house instead of in the public.

So yes, AB is a jerk, LB26 is a jerk, and Big Ben is a big jerk, and I say this as a Steelers fan.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Even if AB fails miserably in Oakland, which I don't think he will, it's a great trade for the Raiders.

You trade a 3rd and a 5th for a top 3 receiver in the league...no brainer.

Also this...lots of chatter of the Raiders going hard after Bell.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
or maybe that it's both all of their faults. AB is a jerk just as much as Bell is, and Ben might be a bigger jerk than both of them.

AB is a jerk and you could tell how this game was gonna end at least two seasons ago. The walking away from coaches mid-argument, the bringing a live FB stream into the locker room despite being told not too. You could tell the defiance was slowly building over time. Bell is just as guilty of using Twitter as his soapbox for things that probably should have been kept behind closed doors. And Ben went one step above and vented about "Coach Todd" and numerous players (specifically his WRs) on his weekly radio show. Again, things that should have been handled in-house instead of in the public.

So yes, AB is a jerk, LB26 is a jerk, and Big Ben is a big jerk, and I say this as a Steelers fan.

as an outsider, the Steelers problems begin and end with Tomlin.

He is not a good in game coach at all. His decisions have cost them many games.

Worst of all, is he has no control over the team. They can do whatever they want. He has no authority or discipline so the work needed to get ready for games doesn't happen.

Can you imagine Belichick's or Coughlin's response if AB was live streaming a meeting as a Patriot or Giant? Hell, they might have cut him then and there

I dont get why your upper management seems so enamored with him.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

Worst of all, is he has no control over the team. They can do whatever they want. He has no authority or discipline so the work needed to get ready for games doesn't happen.

Can you imagine Belichick's or Coughlin's response if AB was live streaming a meeting as a Patriot or Giant? Hell, they might have cut him then and there

Yup. I've said for a while that I think Tomlin should go.

Reactions: iamjs

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm not sure if Tomlin is a great coach, but I don't fault him for these two recent situations.

Brown is a child in a 30 year old's body and pretty much any coach would have ran into issues with him.

Bell's situation was all about money. Nothing to do with Tomlin. This situation is 100% on their GM Kevin Colbert, not Tomlin.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Belichik still traded for Moss even with the reputation he had

Coughlin kept Plaxico on the team even after he shot himself. Only cut him when it became apparent that the justice system was going to take its time with the case.

:dunno:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Belichik still traded for Moss even with the reputation he had

Coughlin kept Plaxico on the team even after he shot himself. Only cut him when it became apparent that the justice system was going to take its time with the case.

:dunno:

and Moss was a model citizen in New England. He got traded as soon as he became an issue at the end.

Like you said, Burress got traded once it was clear his issue was going to become a distraction.

With the Patriots and the GIants under Coughlin, there was zero question who was in charge and the authority was absolute. The opposite is true in Pittsburgh

Reactions: iamjs

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008

I was gonna say that's a completely different discussion, but when you think about it, it really isn't.

I totally agree though. There is no control or discipline with him as coach. I'm not gonna say if he pulled AB aside and said "cut that **** out" that there would have been a different outcome, but I think there's a small chance that AB sees that and thinks "whoa, he's serious about this." At the very least, it might make a bit of an impression on the other players on the roster not to cross the line.

Even during his pressers, his usual comment about AB is "I prefer not to be involved with that type of thing and such." Yes Mike, we know and that's part of the problem. He's the coach. He's the one that should be getting involved.

Reactions: Tuggy

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Raider Nation, Stand Up!!! The Birds are my #1 team, but I have always had a soft spot for the Raiders - and them acquiring Mr. Big Chest for a bag of footballs is excellent.

What I love are the salty Steelers fans throwing all this shade. Derek Carr is a better QB than Ben, their draft capital is incredibly impressive, and Gruden is a proven winner. Mayock also an excellent GM - @agent was on NFL Network earlier talking about how good he is.

Freaking love this, he’s gonna wreck the AFC as a Raider... you’re all idiots saying he’s Moss 2.0. Have fun with that $20M empty cap hit, Steelers fans, you’re on the downswing. And just be glad your team doesn’t play the Raiders until 2021, because they OWN Pittsburgh.
That's a joke right? Derek Carr isn't even close to Ben.

Going to be sad when AB realizes how big of a downgrade it is actually, if he takes longer than a few seconds to get open Carr will have already have checked down cause someone breathed on him.

Good value for the Raiders though, AB is a hell of a receiver, but man, what a diva.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
They are not a playoff team this year regardless of what they do. It takes a top QB and they don’t have that. There isn’t one available this year in the draft (or at least one that will be very good his 1st season). The Chiefs and Chargers are not going anywhere either. I just don’t see a quick turnaround with this team.
You say it takes a top QB to make playoffs yet guys like Flacco, Dilfer and Brad Johnson have won superbowls. I'd be surprised if Oakland makes playoffs next year but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You say it takes a top QB to make playoffs yet guys like Flacco, Dilfer and Brad Johnson have won superbowls. I'd be surprised if Oakland makes playoffs next year but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

They all had elite Ds and two had elite RBs, the other a great RB/FB tandem. Does Oakland have that?

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
They all had elite Ds and two had elite RBs, the other a great RB/FB tandem. Does Oakland have that?
Those teams won superbowls tho. The point is that plenty of teams have made playoffs with an average QB.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I’m loving all of these Steelers fans crying on here how ab is such a jerk and he’s mr big chest and oh he’s a cancer lol. But you absolutely loved him for the last 6 years. Now he’s a bum right?
Just like bell is a bum too right??

Maybe the problem in Pittsburgh is the QB?
Unfortunately some people are too easily influenced, but I have nothing against the guy- just wish my team would have paid more to keep him around. He's the best skill position player to ever play for the Steelers and they gave him away for close to nothing.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
and Moss was a model citizen in New England. He got traded as soon as he became an issue at the end.

Like you said, Burress got traded once it was clear his issue was going to become a distraction.

With the Patriots and the GIants under Coughlin, there was zero question who was in charge and the authority was absolute. The opposite is true in Pittsburgh
Yep, the Patriots don't accept any problem players. They cut Aaron Hernandez as soon as he was indicted for first-degree murder.

turd

Feb 1, 2013

Going to be sad when AB realizes how big of a downgrade it is actually, if he takes longer than a few seconds to get open Carr will have already have checked down cause someone breathed on him.

People seriously don’t realize how good Ben is. And they most definitely don’t realize how good his chemistry was with AB. AB would often run the wrong route, but Ben was still able to find him and make something out of nothing. I don’t think many people outside of Pittsburgh realize this. It’s absolutely hilarious to me when people from other towns try to spin this around on Ben. I’m not so sure the grass will be greener for AB.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008

Good value for the Raiders though, AB is a hell of a receiver, but man, what a diva.

I know there was a lot of talk about "Does Juju know how much he's gonna be doubleteamed this year" Juju did fine and was still averaging almost 100 yards a game in the limited amount of games without AB. Now does AB realize how much he's gonna be double-teamed this year?

Jordy Nelson looked like a shell of what he used to be except towards the end of the season.
Amari Cooper is gone.
Seth Roberts has never broken 500 yards in a season
Martavis is probably at home trying to make a bong out of some of his old equipment

Once you get past them, you have a bunch of depth WRs who didn't break 200 yards for the season.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
People seriously don’t realize how good Ben is. And they most definitely don’t realize how good his chemistry was with AB. AB would often run the wrong route, but Ben was still able to find him and make something out of nothing. I don’t think many people outside of Pittsburgh realize this. It’s absolutely hilarious to me when people from other towns try to spin this around on Ben. I’m not so sure the grass will be greener for AB.

Saying AB "would often run the wrong route" is complete garbage. They had great chemistry when the play broke down and Brown would get open, but not because Brown didn't know what he was doing.

I think Brown will take a dip in production, but so will Roethlisberger.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Saying AB "would often run the wrong route" is complete garbage. They had great chemistry when the play broke down and Brown would get open, but not because Brown didn't know what he was doing.

I think Brown will take a dip in production, but so will Roethlisberger.
I would say it’s a pretty well known thing in Pittsburgh that AB would do his fair share of improvising out on the field. I don’t think he’s as great of a route runner as most would believe.

And don’t get me wrong. He’s the best WR the Steelers have ever had. He is immensely talented. But I think Derek Carr is gonna be a little frustrated with this guy.

Scotty Pucks

Bring back “Doop” as Flyers Goal Song
Apr 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
D1kSoJFU8AEF_Pe.jpg:large

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes