Trade: [OAK/PIT] Antonio Brown for 3rd and 5th round pick

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
AB is a cancer. The Steelers put up with him for years and it got them nowhere.

It says everything you need to know that only 2 teams were interested in the best WR.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
AB is a cancer. The Steelers put up with him for years and it got them nowhere.

It says everything you need to know that only 2 teams were interested in the best WR.
He was only a cancer when he started hating Roethlisberger, he was fine before that. He'll be fine in Oakland imo. He's already made a point of saying he's going to be great role model with the Raiders. It won't surprise me if he acts like an idiot at somepoint but I'm not really worried about it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Steelers really need to just trade Roethlisberger and start over at this point

In their mind they still have Connor and Juju who are reasonable replacements for Bell and AB, of course their depth took a huge hit and Ben isn't getting any younger but what contending team is going to offer you a big package for Ben anyway? Jacksonville was the easy answer but they just got their QB, the Skins are always a possibility to do something stupid with Snyder but other than that I'm drawing a blank.

Reactions: Voight

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
He was only a cancer when he started hating Roethlisberger, he was fine before that. He'll be fine in Oakland imo. He's already made a point of saying he's going to be great role model with the Raiders. It won't surprise me if he acts like an idiot at somepoint but I'm not really worried about it.
AB was constantly late to team meetings. He refused to live with the team in the dorms during training camp so he rented a house off campus. Away from everyone. He would ALWAYS throw hissy fits on the sidelines if he felt that the QB wasn't targeting him enough.

Make no mistake, AB is the definition of selfish and does not care one bit about anyone else but himself. To him, personal stats supersede team success.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
This is an incredibly ignorant and uninformed thing to say.

Ben has been the heart of the franchise for 15 years, is a HOF QB, and currently playing better than ever. The Steelers just got rid of 2 major cancers in AB and Bell. Why in the world would they get rid of a franchise QB now?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

Roethlisberger just turned 37 years old. If they trade him, I'd imagine he would retire.

I think he'll retire within the next two seasons anyway, so time to look at the future regardless.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
This is an incredibly ignorant and uninformed thing to say.

Ben has been the heart of the franchise for 15 years, is a HOF QB, and currently playing better than ever. The Steelers just got rid of 2 major cancers in AB and Bell. Why in the world would they get rid of a franchise QB now?
Ben seems to be quite the cancer himself

Reactions: DaaaaB's

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Roethlisberger just turned 37 years old. If they trade him, I'd imagine he would retire.

I think he'll retire within the next two seasons anyway, so time to look at the future regardless.
Because he’s probably bad for the locker room at this point. They need to start over and get rid of the drama

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Because he’s probably bad for the locker room at this point. They need to start over and get rid of the drama

"probably bad"? Your assumptions are misguided and false. Where are you getting your misinformation?

I've lived in Pittsburgh for the last 25 years, and listen and read all sorts of Pittsburgh based media. No one has ever said anything bad about Ben's locker room presence, besides AB.
He is the unquestioned leader of the franchise. Is he a jerk? Yes. Is he a bad teammate or cancer? That is absurd.

Just wait until AB doesn't get the targets that he thinks he should get. His sideline outbursts are comical.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Ben's got 3 years left and isn't going anywhere. They'll be in tough to win another Super Bowl but they should be competitive during that time.

ILikeTurtles

Sep 2, 2010
AB was constantly late to team meetings. He refused to live with the team in the dorms during training camp so he rented a house off campus. Away from everyone. He would ALWAYS throw hissy fits on the sidelines if he felt that the QB wasn't targeting him enough.

Make no mistake, AB is the definition of selfish and does not care one bit about anyone else but himself. To him, personal stats supersede team success.
Selfish? You act like he showed up to training camp in a helicopter...

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

Well, how about we just wait and see then. The amount of bitterness from Steelers fans in this thread has reached the level of being pathetic.

Reactions: m9

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Well, how about we just wait and see then. The amount of bitterness from Steelers fans in this thread has reached the level of being pathetic.

I had a buddy text me this morning complaining about AB being late for the press conference.

He went onto saying pure diva, selfish, etc the usual, he’s a Steelers fan tho but he wishes him well

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Juju's got the right idea. He blew defenses away last season and looks just as explosive as AB, without the enormous ego. Talk juuuust enough to point out how big of an asshat Brown is, then go about your day.

Bell to his credit kinda kept his mouth shut once he got paid, and the situation kinda died out. Brown on the other hand kept whining and moaning over actually nothing. Bell at least had a clear cut grievance (as unrealistic as his demands were) and solution to said thing.

When the second biggest putz is passive aggressively throwing shade, you know Brown is a tool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad