Trade: [OAK/PIT] Antonio Brown for 3rd and 5th round pick

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Raiders should consider negating his contract and cutting ties before this getw worse. This guy is a bigger wreck than the Raiders franchise atm.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Raiders should consider negating his contract and cutting ties before this getw worse. This guy is a bigger wreck than the Raiders franchise atm.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Voight

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

The only way that the Raiders get out of his contract is if he retires. Brown isn't going to renegotiate his contract unless they give him more than the $30M guaranteed he's owed over the next two years for some reason.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I would not be surprised if the Steelers end up the winners of this trade in a year or 2.

He's no longer in his prime and he's going to cause even more drama once he realizes he can't/won't produce in Oakland like he did in Pittsburgh.

Scotty Pucks

Bring back “Doop” as Flyers Goal Song
Apr 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
I would not be surprised if the Steelers end up the winners of this trade in a year or 2.

He's no longer in his prime and he's going to cause even more drama once he realizes he can't/won't produce in Oakland like he did in Pittsburgh.
For what it’s worth, I do have a Steelers fan friend who thinks this too. Says he’ll be like Mike Wallace/Santonio Holmes after they left. But what about Emmanuel Sanders? And Brown is way better than all of those guys.

He’ll still produce. He’ll still have the drama and noise, but he’ll still produce.

And look at that - reports are he will be reporting to Napa today.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Anyone with a brain knew he wasn't going to retire.

Nobody is leaving that much guaranteed $$$ on the table. Even if this new helmet does impede his vision and he doesn't produce like he used to, he's still guaranteed a ton of money.

Inb4 he goes for 2 TDs and 150 YDs in week 3

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

GIVE...IT...UP...ALREADY

Who cares about helmets manufactured 1-10 years ago? None are conformed to the same helmet security and standards of the ones this year, they'll all be illegal.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
For what it’s worth, I do have a Steelers fan friend who thinks this too. Says he’ll be like Mike Wallace/Santonio Holmes after they left. But what about Emmanuel Sanders? And Brown is way better than all of those guys.

He’ll still produce. He’ll still have the drama and noise, but he’ll still produce.

AB's decline started last season. While he was a touchdown machine, he just wasn't as dominant in separation and open field like he used to be. And for what its worth, another WR won team MVP.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

Emmanuel Sanders was playing with one of the best QB's all time. He put up 740 yards and 6 tds with Ben as a 3/4th option. Average yearly stats with Peyton as 1/2 1269 yards and 7.5 tds. His stats with Peyton were no where close to what Ben/AB were putting up.

Derek Carter is no Peyton Manning. AB is better than Sanders. But people are sleeping on how good Ben is.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

GIVE...IT...UP...ALREADY

Who cares about helmets manufactured 1-10 years ago? None are conformed to the same helmet security and standards of the ones this year, they'll all be illegal.

Personally I think the NFL should have said "OK you wanna wear your obsolete helmet? Sign this waiver absolving us of all liability if something bad happens"

Reactions: BertCorbeau

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I just cannot imagine having this kind of a headache in the locker room. Just get a new helmet already...

Scotty Pucks

Bring back “Doop” as Flyers Goal Song
Apr 1, 2012
Pennsylvania

That’s why you put up with the headache. These numbers are Looney Tunes. New stuff now about a chef suing him for $40K - annoying situation, maybe. Affect him on the field? No, not at all.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
That’s why you put up with the headache. These numbers are Looney Tunes. New stuff now about a chef suing him for $40K - annoying situation, maybe. Affect him on the field? No, not at all.

Yeah because he had a HoF QB forcing him the ball. He will be lucky to put up his worst season with Derek Carter. Steelers tried something new with Bell and AB and it got them nothing. At the end of the day these are team sports and his type are detrimental to that. Same reason why Chad, TO, and Moss never won anything.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Yeah because he had a HoF QB forcing him the ball. He will be lucky to put up his worst season with Derek Carter. Steelers tried something new with Bell and AB and it got them nothing. At the end of the day these are team sports and his type are detrimental to that. Same reason why Chad, TO, and Moss never won anything.
Big Ben never put up big stats until AB arrived though. Still a very good QB though before him, but AB wasn't a product of Big Ben.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
you are aware you are suffering a huge loss without him right

No, not really. Yes he is crazy talented. But the guy is a major distraction on and off the field. I think the room will be better with Brown and Bell gone. Ben doesn’t have to worry about forcing in to Brown half a dozen times a game and dealing with temper tantrums when he doesn’t get his way.
I don’t think offense will be the issue. Defensive depth and coaching will be more of an issue

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Personally I think the NFL should have said "OK you wanna wear your obsolete helmet? Sign this waiver absolving us of all liability if something bad happens"
Bad PR move if they do that. Either they're serious about this concussion thing or they're not. Or more to the point either they appear to be serious about it or not.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Big Ben never put up big stats until AB arrived though. Still a very good QB though before him, but AB wasn't a product of Big Ben.
Well clearly AB is a unique talent. But he and BR were just a great combo so would be a little cautious predicting he will immediately pick up where he left off w a new QB and new system. I guess the bigger issue is that AB wasn't always a headcase. Started 2-3 years ago and got progressiveky worse.

The question is, do people who exhibit increasngly aberrant behavior tend to get worse or get better? My experience is the former but maybe I'm wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad