Trade: [OAK/PIT] Antonio Brown for 3rd and 5th round pick

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He was never subjected to discipline for Lake Tahoe (as a recall the accuser's story was quickly found to be untrue). The one that caused him to miss 4 games was Georgia, and when the dust settled on all that it turned out to be a very knee-jerk move by Goodell. He was at one point immature and put himself into some bad situations off the field, but I don't think it can be said it caused the same team turmoil that AB causes. Not to mention it's been close to a decade since Ben was last in a position like that. Those calling him a "cancer" in the Steelers locker room are either drudging up old stories that have long since been put to rest or referencing his radio show, which never seemed to be a problem until AB lost his mind.

I'm not saying he is a cancer or ever was, but he was not a saint in his early days either and jeopardized the team multiple times. Brown may be a loudmouth and baby at times but he never got in any off field trouble & has kept his nose clean.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
He was never subjected to discipline for Lake Tahoe (as a recall the accuser's story was quickly found to be untrue). The one that caused him to miss 4 games was Georgia, and when the dust settled on all that it turned out to be a very knee-jerk move by Goodell. He was at one point immature and put himself into some bad situations off the field, but I don't think it can be said it caused the same team turmoil that AB causes. Not to mention it's been close to a decade since Ben was last in a position like that. Those calling him a "cancer" in the Steelers locker room are either drudging up old stories that have long since been put to rest or referencing his radio show, which never seemed to be a problem until AB lost his mind.
I'm not sure why a suspension for sexual assault is a "knee jerk decision"

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I'm not sure why a suspension for sexual assault is a "knee jerk decision"

Well considering the DA of that town came out and said they couldn't prove it occurred, I would call that knee-jerk. Also keep in mind Goodell's haphazardness when it comes to player suspensions.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Well considering the DA of that town came out and said they couldn't prove it occurred, I would call that knee-jerk. Also keep in mind Goodell's haphazardness when it comes to player suspensions.
It hurts me to defend Goodell, but the DA couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt in court that Roethlisberger committed the act in question. Legal guilt is not the same as actual guilt, and the NFL has their own investigators who do not have to get court-admissable evidence to ascertain if someone is guilty.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
It hurts me to defend Goodell, but the DA couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt in court that Roethlisberger committed the act in question. Legal guilt is not the same as actual guilt, and the NFL has their own investigators who do not have to get court-admissable evidence to ascertain if someone is guilty.

But the league didn't perform its own investigation. It was completely reactionary based off the media attention it got.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

CarefreeUnawareBorderterrier-size_restricted.gif

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
lol this is gonna end terribly for the raiders

first the frostbite, then the helmet, now this, and doubt it'll take long for him to blow up on carr on the sidelines

Reactions: Shockmaster

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Raiders are going to regret trading for Brown before he even plays a game.

I'm already regretting drafting him in my redraft fantasy league. Not that I didn't already know he was a ****, but the more of these baby drama incidents that happen, the less I'm convinced we'll even get the AB that put up huge numbers in Pittsburgh.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm already regretting drafting him in my redraft fantasy league. Not that I didn't already know he was a ****, but the more of these baby drama incidents that happen, the less I'm convinced we'll even get the AB that put up huge numbers in Pittsburgh.
I’ve never been super into football. My family just doesn’t watch it that much and it was mainly hockey, soccer, and basketball. This past season was the first that I actually paid attention to and with the Raiders being the closest thing to a local team for me (there are the 49ers but I dunno), I was hoping to be able to start actually start following a team. If Brown keeps this crap it, it will ruin the locker room.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I still can't tell if this is coming from a place of insecurity (trying to show people up) or just straight up trolling. Funny thing is though, if he plays I still think he's going to be amazing, which will just feed into this more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad