Trade: [OAK/PIT] Antonio Brown for 3rd and 5th round pick

Sep 19, 2008
No, not really. Yes he is crazy talented. But the guy is a major distraction on and off the field. I think the room will be better with Brown and Bell gone. Ben doesn’t have to worry about forcing in to Brown half a dozen times a game and dealing with temper tantrums when he doesn’t get his way.
I don’t think offense will be the issue. Defensive depth and coaching will be more of an issue
Oh yeah? Who's going to replace his production in 2019?

Before, you had Juju And Brown. Now you just have Juju.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
No steeler is going to flat out replace Brown’s production. A more organic and less forced offense might not be a bad thing though. Plus the Steelers never won shit with AB’s production so what did it really matter?

The biggest problem with the Steelers is the idiot coach they just gave an extension.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Oh yeah? Who's going to replace his production in 2019?

Before, you had Juju And Brown. Now you just have Juju.

It'll be the same as when Holmes and Wallace left - somebody else, or a group effort. That's how it is when you have a future HoF QB.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Big Ben never put up big stats until AB arrived though. Still a very good QB though before him, but AB wasn't a product of Big Ben.

4,300 yards in 2009 without AB. Only had more yards twice with AB. They've also got more pass happy over the years. Partly to appease AB and his stat hungry self. People are going to realized how good Ben really is this year.

Reactions: mouser
Sep 19, 2008
I'm not a Steelers fan, and I still think he's a lousy coach.

Anyway, I think Brown is still an elite WR. I think if anything, the lack of a supporting cast will hurt Brown if you're considering him for a fantasy league.
You haven't really given a reason why. They win games and consistently make the playoffs.

Then again people want Sullivan fired :huh:

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Yup

The Tomlin hate makes no sense. Steelers fans getting cocky!!

I am a Steelers fan and I would say its more of being spoiled than cocky, I like Tomlin, he has been very successful since coming here, 6 divisions and 8 playoffs in 12 years, there are a lot of teams that would kill for that kind of "mediocrity"

Tomlin certainly has his warts, but considering that the organization is not one to overpay for a "sexy" hire like a Reid, or Harbaugh, or Gruden, they are really not going to do much better. His biggest sin is the inability to beat Belichick in a meaningful game.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
You haven't really given a reason why. They win games and consistently make the playoffs.

Then again people want Sullivan fired :huh:

I feel like he isn't a good in-game coach. Off the top of my head, he doesn't use his challenges wisely. He makes silly fourth down decisions whether or not to go for it, kick a field goal or punt. The Steelers win even though he isn't a good coach. Now, I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe he's a really good motivator. Maybe he holds good practices. But when it comes to in-game coaching, I don't think he's any good.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just looked it up... Tomlin hasn't won a challenge (including the playoffs) since the 2016 season.

Again, back to Brown for a sec, sure, he's a matchup nightmare and an elite receiver, but he's just too big of a distraction that I'm not sure if I'd want him on my team.

Sep 19, 2008
I feel like he isn't a good in-game coach. Off the top of my head, he doesn't use his challenges wisely. He makes silly fourth down decisions whether or not to go for it, kick a field goal or punt. The Steelers win even though he isn't a good coach. Now, I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe he's a really good motivator. Maybe he holds good practices. But when it comes to in-game coaching, I don't think he's any good.
He plays to win with the fourth down decisions but we've digressed long enough. Let's just disagree because he wins games.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I don't think Tomlin is a terrible head coach but his seat should be hot. You could do much worse in a coach in the NFL.

In regards to Brown, he will play. Unless he wants give back all that money.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I thought AB's little fit over the helmet was over but apparently not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad