Confirmed Trade: [NYR/WPG] Jacob Trouba for Neal Pionk and 2019 1st (20 OV) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
How about that news from Pittsburgh that Trouba and his agent forced Chevy to trade Trouba to only NYR. Pens had a better offer but as usual, trouba and his agent made a stink

Inside Pittsburgh Sports

Sorry if its already been posted.

Him and his agent have been nightmares for so long. Atleast NYR acquired a guy that would only sign with Rangers. Good on them

Am I missing something? He's a RFA withtout any NTC, NMC. If I'm Chevy, I don't give a crap where this guy wants to play, he'll go where I trade him.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
PEG fans before the trade: stop trying to package mediocre assets like Pionk who we don’t need and sucks by all measurements

PEG fans after trade: Pionk is alright, he’s cheap and will grow into a very serviceable role

Haha if you have been paying attention to social media youd know the majority of fans do not feel that way at all. The rest are probably just trying to find a silver lining for the sake of their sanity.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
This, actually with the exception of SJS and a few other every team north or south of the border would want him. Would every team take a 1 year of Trouba to give up assets???? Well the Raptors did it and look what it got them! I know the chance of that happening to any team is so astronomical but just saying. Sometimes thinking outside of the box works.

Reality is right now we don’t know if he is willing to sign a multi year contract or if he wants to go to UFA. I get that he has stated his desire is to ensure his wife’s career is put front and centre too and that’s commendable but again there are lots of cities north and south of the border where that can happen. I just can’t believe that he had that much power over the team regarding his destination.

I don't think you can compare the NBA, where 1 player makes a HUGE difference and the Raptors got, arguably a top 3 player in the NBA vs. the NHL and Trouba. It's not even remotely similar.

And he specifically stated he wanted to be in the US because that's where his fiance was doing her residency. There are many teams (Carolina for instance) that isn't giving up anything for 1 year of Trouba because they are set at RHD. There are other teams that are rebuilding or not going to be competitive who wouldn't either.

It's not likely at all that 30 teams were going to give up something better than NYR did for him.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
What an incredible trade for Rangers. Executing on the rebuild exactly how you'd want. As a Devils fan it makes me sick, ha, but the Rangers deserve credit for overhauling their entire team in 2 years.

In retrospect that infamous letter didnt even need to be sent. Nobody would have barely noticed what they were doing before it was done. Incredible.

Reactions: belford222

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Am I missing something? He's a RFA withtout any NTC, NMC. If I'm Chevy, I don't give a crap where this guy wants to play, he'll go where I trade him.

Dreger is also reporting Trouba camp limited the teams to possibly one team and at most three. That means all other teams knew there was zero chance of signing the guy so Chevy got what he got. Trouba played the game so to speak, limited Chevys return.....meh he didn’t break the CA but I wouldn’t trade for or draft any KO players in the future......if I knew at some point in the future it meant a contract negotiation. Not worth the hassle TBH. Moving on now.

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
RFAs are running the show now and its sad.. The contracts they demand and easily get and also their destinations... Its unreal to see

I still don't get it. He's an RFA with no NMC/NTC. He has no leverage on trade destination.

Even if they made it known he wouldn't resign, this is TDL rental prices, or even less. It's still an attractive stop-gap for some teams. And you never know, he might just like the destination in the end. All trades are gambles.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I still don't get it. He's an RFA with no NMC/NTC. He has no leverage on trade destination.

Even if they made it known he wouldn't resign, this is TDL rental prices, or even less. It's still an attractive stop-gap for some teams.
There was a report (from a source with questionable credibility) that trouba/KO were threatening to hold out and/or demand a trade immediately if was dealt anywhere but NYC.

Even if that's not true, teams probably aren't lining up to trade a first forand top prospects for a guy they're probably going to have to go to arbitration with, sign to a one year contract for 7mil for one year and then lose for nothing next summer.

If trouba had it in his mind hat he wanted to be in NYC and Chevy knew it, he'd have to act in good faith by telling other GM's this.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth

Even if they made it known he wouldn't resign, this is TDL rental prices, or even less. It's still an attractive stop-gap for some teams. And you never know, he might just like the destination in the end. All trades are gambles.

Agreed. I think this is a perfect example of a GM overthinking his own hand. Chevy needed to hit the pause button and take a step back.

This was a panic move and those are never good. They basically just gave away a top Dman who hasn't even hit his prime yet for scraps. I don't care what anyone says or how they try and justify this terrible deal.

RandomJetsFan

Apr 19, 2014
manitoba
PEG fans before the trade: stop trying to package mediocre assets like Pionk who we don’t need and sucks by all measurements

PEG fans after trade: Pionk is alright, he’s cheap and will grow into a very serviceable role

I had no expectations for a kings ransom kurt is a crude agent to deal with they are nyr issue now and for pionk I've been curious about him with the 20th pick jets have a shot at Thomas Harley the trade the way I see it is just a trade with handcuffs but allowed Chevy to reload the cupboard with 2 kids on the back end

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Even if they made it known he wouldn't resign, this is TDL rental prices, or even less. It's still an attractive stop-gap for some teams.

Agent made sure teams knew he wouldn’t sign barring the Rangers or 1-2 other teams according to Dreger. So no GM is go would make offers greater then what Chevy got.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
So a few months of Hayes + Pionk for Trouba...Don't like it for WPG unless Pionk has some untapped upside.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB

Oh. My full apologies.

What reaction from us would you like to fill whatever void it is you're trying to fill?

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
GMs constantly move players to improve their teams' situation. Players are allowed to do the same. That said, Trouba should expect to be booed mercilessly when he returns to Winnipeg. He basically ditched the city.

Reactions: The Big M
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad