Player Discussion NYR Training camp 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
So they abandon the old website? :owl: :)

thanks for update. ;)

The NHL changed all the teams website to match the regular NHL site and I suspect (without proof) that they made teams get rid of the team run websites like blueshirtsunited

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
The NHL changed all the teams website to match the regular NHL site and I suspect (without proof) that they made teams get rid of the team run websites like blueshirtsunited

Yeah, hopefully it`s easy to navigate on it.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Maybe that's why they canned Cerny? Wasn't blueshirtsunited his baby?

I dunno if it was his "baby" but yeah I suspect that was all part of him being let go. I wouldn't even be surprised if the NHL basically just put all their guys in control of team info and team employees aren't allowed anymore

but again, baseless accusations.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Not a single tweet out of Brooks during the press conference. In contrast, Hartnett and Cerny we're all over it...especially Hartnett.

Brooks is in TO covering the WCoH for the NY Post (only guy they sent, I think)

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I wonder which season Step is going to just shave his head. Looks to be on track for the 2018-2019 season.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
AV looks different. Not tired/refreshed? More positive.

With the amount of roster overhaul that's happened, and with how competitive camp will be among the forwards, I imagine everyone is looking forward to showing their best and being more positive.

...you know, it's like AV said in the first video of the presser, everyone (particular Kreider/Hayes/Miller) is looking to push their best and show they're worth something. The roster has gotten younger. Every young player in the NHL wants to show their skill to the organization. They want to show their worth in the NHL.

Adding youth isn't just about adding speed and potential talent...it's also adding motivation and a commitment to prove something. Kreider finally got a long-term contract. He's going to want to show that the Rangers aren't wrong in trusting him with a contract like that. ZBad just got traded away from a team that drafted him and he only has one year remaining on his contract, but with an entirely new team. He's probably feeling a bit jaded and will be playing with a chip on his shoulder. He wants to lock down his spot on the team long-term, and show that he's not just someone that can be easily traded. Miller and Hayes will want to play their ass off and show they're worth long-term deals. Hayes particularly after his down year. Pirri has bounced around the league. He wants to fight for a spot and show he deserves to stay somewhere for more than a year. Etcetera etcetera.

Veteran players will have motivation to prove themselves, but I honestly think the younger players will want it more. Vets have kind of already proven themselves and set expectations/earned some slack/carved out their roles. These younger players don't have those...but they want to get to that point. And with the excess of youth we now have...that feeling adds up. A lot.

AV is probably feeling refreshed. Rangers got sacked early. And it wasn't even close. Probably very eye-opening for him, and it kinda caused him to take a step back and maybe analyze things a little slower and deeper than before.

Replacing Ulf with Beuk probably reinvigorated him a bit. He gets to sit down with a new coach who could possibly change things up a bit. A new voice in his ear, so to speak. On top of that, Gorton probably got more involved, and Sather too. He talked about how they had a lot more meetings. Things gotta be changed up.

Seems like a lot for him to be positive about. His whole talk didn't seem like "Usual AV." Seemed very different. Like a new outlook on what the NHL is and what success is derived from. I think we'll get a different Rangers team this season.

Yes, the defense is still miserable. Staal and Girardi are still here. I think Gorton/AV/etc are all aware of how...not good...they are. Best they can say/hope for right now, to start the season, is how they're feeling. Yes, a healthy Girardi is still not a good Girardi, even with third pairing minutes. But would you rather he played heavily injured (like he was last season) or with a really solid recuperation? Same question for Staal.

And no, you can't answer those questions with "I'd rather they not be on the team" because that's cheating and frankly not an option right now and we'll have to wait until later to revisit that choice.

I think there is a lot to be positive about, and it can positively affect how someone looks.

That being said, he did just have a whole summer off. Everyone will look refreshed. Just wait to see what he looks like in February :P

Last edited:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
AV looks different. Not tired/refreshed? More positive.

Yes for sure - I`m glad he is still coaching here. :D
I`ve a notion that we will see a different Rangers for sure, and with so many new additions to the Roster. So It`ll be an amazing experience.
Personally, I`m really happy that we are so close to a new season - always an exciting time of the year! :nod:

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
STOP posting about politics.

Political discussion is not allowed here.

We all know better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad