Player Discussion NYR Training camp 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I'll repost this. Someone asked for a list of invites/etc.

Forwards:
  • Nick Betz - Invite
  • Reid Duke - Invite
  • Gabriel Fontaine - NYR '16
  • Tim Gettinger - NYR '16
  • Maxim Lapierre - PTO
  • Ty Ronning - NYR '16

Defensemen:
  • Spiro Goulakos - Invite
  • Garrett Noonan - Invite
  • Sean Day - NYR '16

Goalies:
  • Joseph Raaymakers - Invite

The rest, aside from the obvious NHLers, have AHL contracts.

This was just off of memory, so there might be some edits needed.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
You are correct on invites.

Interesting that they just had four invite defensemen as Traverse City and didn't invite any to the big camp. Looks like they were just taking up space at Traverse City. Goulakis and Noonan played in the EHL last year and appear to be bodies to fill out the roster. Goulakis was in prospect development camp a few years ago.

Interesting that Gabriel Fontaine was not at Traverse City and Brad Morrison was there but not at the big camp. Morrison only played in the first game at Traverse City so he may be hurt.

I think Betz and Duke get AHL deals. Raaymakers goes back to Juniors.

Other Ranger draft picks either are in Europe or in College and so would not he coming to this camp.

I'll repost this. Someone asked for a list of invites/etc.

Forwards:
  • Nick Betz - Invite
  • Reid Duke - Invite
  • Gabriel Fontaine - NYR '16
  • Tim Gettinger - NYR '16
  • Maxim Lapierre - PTO
  • Ty Ronning - NYR '16

Defensemen:
  • Spiro Goulakos - Invite
  • Garrett Noonan - Invite
  • Sean Day - NYR '16

Goalies:
  • Joseph Raaymakers - Invite

The rest, aside from the obvious NHLers, have AHL contracts.

This was just off of memory, so there might be some edits needed.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
You are correct on invites.

Interesting that they just had four invite defensemen as Traverse City and didn't invite any to the big camp. Looks like they were just taking up space at Traverse City. Goulakis and Noonan played in the EHL last year and appear to be bodies to fill out the roster. Goulakis was in prospect development camp a few years ago.

Interesting that Gabriel Fontaine was not at Traverse City and Brad Morrison was there but not at the big camp. Morrison only played in the first game at Traverse City so he may be hurt.

I think Betz and Duke get AHL deals. Raaymakers goes back to Juniors.

Other Ranger draft picks either are in Europe or in College and so would not he coming to this camp.

was about to add this, it echoes some of above

(deservedly) of the TC invites, only Betz, Duke and Raaymakers are invited to NYR Camp
(tbd whether others are invited to HWP Camp)

also 2 new D invites, Noonan and Goulakos,
both mid-20's after 4 year NCAA careers
both tryout defensemen shoot left,
Noonan graduated BU in '14,
Goulakos graduated Colgate in '15

also found this on Noonan
[*** addition: just noticed at Eliteprospects that Noonan wore the C at BU as SR, and A as Jr]

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/garrett_noonan/

Talent Analysis

Noonan is a two-way defenseman that takes care of business efficiently in his zone but can also bring some offensive punch. He is a mobile, smooth skating defender and has a very good first pass, a hard accurate shot, and can operate the power play unit. After developing at the NCAA level he showed promise in his first pro season with AHL affiliate Milwaukee. Noonan's combination of skating ability with some offensive flair to his game make him an intriguing prospect.

Future

Noonan made steady progress with AHL affiliate Milwaukee in his first pro season and will look to build on that progress in 2015-16. He will compete for one of the final defense slots with the Predators in training camp but will likely spend all or most of the upcoming season with the Admirals. Talent-wise, he projects to being a two-way defender capable of supplying some offense from the blue line.

Last edited:

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Does Garrett Noonan have any relation to Ex-Ranger Brian Noonan who's also from Boston?

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Interesting that Gabriel Fontaine was not at Traverse City and Brad Morrison was there but not at the big camp. Morrison only played in the first game at Traverse City so he may be hurt..

Same with Oksanen, who may be re-habbing, as is Lindberg

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Tanner Glass will compete for the 4th line role for sure - maybe it`s hard to see an energic 4th line without him? :)

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Can't wait to hear from Alan Vigno tomorrow. It's been a long long summer. I am going to hate listening to him though.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Can't wait to hear from Alan Vigno tomorrow. It's been a long long summer. I am going to hate listening to him though.

lol yeah, and his candy, nom, nom. :D
Anyway, I should get some rest, `til later.. ))

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Tanner Glass will compete for the 4th line role for sure - maybe it`s hard to see an energic 4th line without him? :)

If he doesn't get waived or traded I will eat my shorts

It's a lock this year given all the bodies unless like 3 go down with injury

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Cs9fmPRWEAA_AMx.jpg

Pirri will wear #73

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Rangers have enough depth that Glass should not be a regular in the lineup. That said, I can see them carrying him as a 13th forward because AV is like that and they have the cap space to do it at the moment.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Rangers have enough depth that Glass should not be a regular in the lineup. That said, I can see them carrying him as a 13th forward because AV is like that and they have the cap space to do it at the moment.

If they didn't have other options I can see him spare but unless they trade a guy it's hard to fathom

I know AV loves the guy but they did waive him last year

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Rangers website only has AV listed as available to speak to media. I guess you never know now that Cerney is gone. I wonder who will be interviewing the players during training camp now. Hopefully not John Giannone.....

I think it'll be the other guy Cerny was working with, Matt Calamia. He was writing all the BSU articles after Cerny left, so I assume he'll be doing all the interviews as well.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Glad to know already that an actually skilled NHL player will be punted to accommodate Tanner. Bet those defenders are already ******** bricks!

If that quote is sarcasm, than I'm a mook. But will probably be the case regardless.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I love how short people's memories are. AV isn't going to give Glass a spot on this roster just because. That's why he ended up in Hartford last season. If the players who are supposed to be better than him actually play better than him, then Glass won't be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln