Player Discussion NYR Training camp 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
First off why go into the season by giving Glass an extending training camp while only having ~50K in cap space and accumulating next to none daily?

Secondly if he was going to be scratched 5 of 7 what was the point?

Thirdly why does Glass get that privilege and not Hvirik or any number of other players?

Regardless of those answers, it still does not answer my question, If a coach feels a player is giving his team the best chance to win, why is he scratched in an elimination game?

Sometimes you gotta mix it up. Coaching a team is not a static proposition.

Also, really he was scratched for the first 3 games, played in two, was scratched in the next two and then waived. That's all about the coach seeing who was the best fit to play the 12 and 13 roles. Once they made a decision on those slots, they sent him down.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Turn left thread, noooooooooo

Anyways, "first day" of training camp is always frustrating since it's just physicals and measurements and we all want to see guys on the ice and get updates on how they look

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I love how short people's memories are. AV isn't going to give Glass a spot on this roster just because. That's why he ended up in Hartford last season. If the players who are supposed to be better than him actually play better than him, then Glass won't be here.

I'm better than him

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
kind of unrelated to training camp but holy lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
cs9fmprweaa_amx.jpg

pirri will wear #73

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Years from now, both Jimmy Vesey (19) and Kevin Hayes (12) have to explain why they have those numbers in their Twitter handle and they will both blame Jesper Fast :laugh:

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Not my favorite, but finally broke down and added Larry Brooks on Twitter. He's bound to have early reports from the press conference. I suppose if McD, Stepan, McI, Kreider, and King follow him...I should too. :laugh:

Kaapodonna

What me worry?
Dec 8, 2007
New Jersey
1m
Sean Hartnett‏ @HartnettHockey
#NYR Alain Vigneault said goalies who have won have been around 50-58 games. Says condensed schedule is factor, yet to speak with Lundqvist.

Condensed schedule?

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Was just going to post that. Saw the rangers snap. Hayes looks really thin. He shed a lot of fat. You can really tell in his face and jaw line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA