Player Discussion NYR Training camp 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I was hoping Graves would do more this preseason, but he's looked very green. Rushes decisions, doesn't make smart ones, looks scared of playing high level opposition. He needs to go down and work on his game hard.

Have to agree that he looked very green. I don't think he looked scared, as he took the body behind the net more than once and played a physical game. But like you said, his decisions weren't the best. Definitely needs to marinate in the AHL for at least another year.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Lapierre has been garbage except for one good game against the Isles. He and Glass don't belong in the NHL.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
May be we will see some people that need to go through waivers hit the waiver wire at noon?

Possibly, but since they didn't cut many last night, I assume we won't see much waiver activity for the Rangers today. I would assume either tomorrow or Thursday is the big waiver day, as they'll be getting down to the final roster.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Glass should have been cut already. He's been trash in preseason. This is just AV giving him every opportunity to make a good last impression. It doesn't matter how much other players do, if Glass makes one good play in these final games, he gets the nod over someone much more deserving.

It's infuriating. Other teams are already almost down to their final roster size, yet we're still languishing at 39 because AV insists on icing rosters that won't look anything like our regular season roster. Our forwards corps for this game consists of at least 6 players who won't be on the opening night roster.

Unless Hank decides to go godmode right off the bat (totally possible), we're going to get off to a slow start because AV won't make the necessary cuts, which so happen to include his pets Glass and Lapierre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad