Confirmed with Link: [NYR/CAR] Joey Keane for Julien Gauthier

Do you like this trade?

• Total voters

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Love it. Wanted Gauthier as part of a return for Kreider, got him for a prospect I think is inferior to him and added to a position of weakness from a position of strength. Gauthier should get opportunity right away and has speed, size and is a goal scorer. Could be a Kreider type but even if he’s just a diet Kreider that’s a good get for this team considering how stacked we are on D and thin on forward prospects.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
People who thought that are out of their mind

Right, so maybe I'm right to not just go with the status quo of every move is fine especially when this organization doesn't necessarily have the best track record when it comes to the handling of prospects

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Dobson >>> Kravstov ATM, ignoring position of strength. But when you are drafting that high you ignore that and go for the highest upside or else you end up with another McIlrath
I must have missed the Kravtsov not having a sky high upside thing at the draft then. Also around the time of the draft there was a lot of noise about Dobson’s ceiling being a good second pairing guy/a guy who you’d like playing with someone better than him on the first pair

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Size, can hopefully add to our biggest weakness (bottom 6) and best part is that he has been getting better every year (even if it's "only" in the AHL). Kid was drafted in the first round so there is some pedigree. He is on pace for over 40 goals this season. and is really only behind Josh Norris in goal scoring for younger players in the AHL.
Sucks to see Keane go of course especially since he's had such a great season.
One question I have is could have JG used Keane as part of a trade to bring in even a better prospect/pick?

Reactions: egelband

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I must have missed the Kravtsov not having a sky high upside thing at the draft then. Also around the time of the draft there was a lot of noise about Dobson’s ceiling being a good second pairing guy/a guy who you’d like playing with someone better than him on the first pair

Highest upside according to Gordie Clark, who also thought McIlrath and Andersson were good ideas so yeah I dont have unblinding trust in this management when it comes to prospects. Even worse they viewed Howden as the crown jewel of the McDonagh return.

When they actually draft a high end elite player of their own then they'll have my undying loyalty.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I would let him continue in the AHL. If this kid scores 40-45 goals this year at 6'4" should we not be a bit excited?

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Size, can hopefully add to our biggest weakness (bottom 6) and best part is that he has been getting better every year (even if it's "only" in the AHL). Kid was drafted in the first round so there is some pedigree. He is on pace for over 40 goals this season. and is really only behind Josh Norris in goal scoring for younger players in the AHL.
Sucks to see Keane go of course especially since he's had such a great season.
One question I have is could have JG used Keane as part of a trade to bring in even a better prospect/pick?

I think Gorton might have timed this perfectly. I was wondering why they recalled keane and then put Smith back on D, this makes sense now because maybe they got him at practice and felt that if he played right now in the nhl he might lower his value? Or maybe the deal got made as he was recalled? Just spitballin

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I would let him continue in the AHL. If this kid scores 40-45 goals this year at 6'4" should we not be a bit excited?

At that point he will be 23 with 5 total NHL games to his resume. That hampers my excitement quite a bit.

And yes 23 is borderline ancient for a prospect with that little NHL experience

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I would call him up but let him play in the AHL playoffs when the Rangers' season is done.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

Bring him up after the trade deadline. He'll count as 1 or our 4 callups, but he'll be able to play in the AHL playoffs.

Reactions: bl02

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
At that point he will be 23 with 5 total NHL games to his resume. That hampers my excitement quite a bit.

And yes 23 is borderline ancient for a prospect with that little NHL experience

If he was in our organization he would have been in the league for atleast a full year now, Carolina has a lot up front.

Reactions: leetch99

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Have we given up on Kravtsov already? I still feel he should be a good player as we inch along. I wonder what is gonna happen with Andersson? Has anyone noticed how he has played in Sweden?

Kravtsov is fine. Besides he and Gauthier are two completely different players.

Andersson is a goner....

Reactions: leetch99

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I like the strength for weakness trade although I'm a little nervous by the fact that Gauthier has essentially zero NHL experience to date. Yes I know power forwards take longer.

Reactions: Richard Banger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad