Confirmed with Link: [NYR/CAR] Joey Keane for Julien Gauthier

Do you like this trade?

• Total voters

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Keane has much higher potential than Gauthier but he will never crack our roster behind our RHD. f*** I loved Keane.

Reactions: ohbaby

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Gauthier jumped up in Pronman's latest mid-season prospects rankings. Keane didnt make the list.

56. Julien Gauthier, RW, Carolina (Charlotte-AHL)
Oct. 15, 1997 | 6-foot-4 | 225 pounds
Drafted: 21st-overall (2016)

Previous ranking: Not Ranked
Skating: 55
Puck Skills: 60
Physical Game: 65
Hockey Sense: 55

There’s a part of me that was reluctant to put Gauthier on this list. He’s a third-year pro who has not dominated the AHL. He does have 17 goals in 29 games this season, though, and has a toolkit that screams NHL player. You don’t see many 6-foot-4 forwards who can skate, have legit skill and can score goals like Gauthier does. He may not be the smartest player ever, but he’s shown this season he can make plays and score in hard areas, has earned some NHL games and ticks off most of the boxes you want in a prospect.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Lundkvist emerging and trading for Fox really closed up the right side on defense for a while. There are also some longer term prospects that could fill in voids, but Keane was a good one.

That being said, getting a big body that can score, has scored at every level of play, is a nice piece to get back in return.

I wouldn't read into the tea leaves too much, but getting a player like this while Kreider is on the block, it just screams he's going to be gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad