• Like it

• Indifferent

• Don't like it

• Hate it

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'm confused, what does this mean?

CAR got the 1st round pick from TOR in 2020 in the Marleau trade. But it's top-10 protected. If the TOR pick is a top-10 pick, TOR keeps the pick, and Carolina gets TOR 1st rounder in 2021.

The Skjei trade was for whichever 1st round pick in 2020 was lower. So the Rangers could end up with the TOR 1st rounder in 2020. However, if that pick is in the top-10, CAR only has 1 pick left and there is no "condition" left

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Because people want to be right godammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whether it's a trade victory, or a projection, or a prediction, or diagnosing an injury by reading tea leaves, or making assumptions about personalities, we want to win the discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Had to stop myself from walking into that Svechnikov discussion in the draft thread this morning and gloating about saying the thought of Zadina being better than Svechnikov was really silly....so I’m doing it here instead :neener:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Our whole defense is literally upside down in what they are getting paid and those that aren't.

Trouba/Staal/Smith and Skeji=overpaid
Fox/Anthony D./Lindgren=underpaid

As far as I am concerned, Trouba can follow his buddy right out the door.
Needs to go to skating school.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Understand trading Skjei but not happy about it...he's gone while Staal and Smith are still here...there's no defending that on hockey terms.

and BTW - how the hell did SJ get a 1st for Barclay Goodrow???

like I said I bet some of the playoff teams would offer a 1st for Fast. this leads me to believe a 4 or 5 year deal for Fast might happen around the time of the draft.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
It is interesting and fun to imagine Toronto finishing say, 10th overall, and keeping their pick; Carolina missing the playoffs and winning the lottery (1st overall) and giving us their pick, and the Rangers making a valiant effort but finishing with the 9th overall pick.

And then add Lafreniere and Lundell, securing cheap contracts and depth, with the ability to eventually go out and get a few additional pieces.
to tell you the truth... the way things have been going for this org... I can see it

I wouldn't be surprised if we beat out Carolina and Toronto for the playoffs. Then they both hit the lottery :laugh:

H00fHearted

Jun 20, 2018
Mcdonagh isn't playing that great, only 12 points for the season and JT Miller is not on the team how is that a fleece?
I loved McD on the Rangers but 6 more years at $6.75M isn’t looking great right now. Even if in 25-26 his full NTC changes to a 12 team NTC.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
like I said I bet some of the playoff teams would offer a 1st for Fast. this leads me to believe a 4 or 5 year deal for Fast might happen around the time of the draft.
There is no team in the entire NHL that would offer a 1st for Fast. And I doubt Gorton signs him to that much term. This is not Kreider.

Reactions: bernmeister

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Absolutey. Hell even ending up 15-20 is a pretty big win in my book. Strong draft

I think they make 2 picks this year

With expansion they won’t trade for a LD. Already know the 3 D to keep . Could trade at the dealine for a ufa rental and resign July 1st though

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
There is no team in the entire NHL that would offer a 1st for Fast. And I doubt Gorton signs him to that much term. This is not Kreider.
1st was offered for Ryan Reaves, Paul Gaustad and Barclay Goodrow. Fast is better than all 3 combined. I'm sure some desperate team would offer a 1st for Fast.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
1st was offered for Ryan Reaves, Paul Gaustad and Barclay Goodrow. Fast is better than all 3 combined. I'm sure some desperate team would offer a 1st for Fast.
There were picks going back the other way in all those trades, and only Gaustad was a deadline rental. I have to think if a first was out there for Fast they would have jumped on it.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
I take some pride in my ability as a straight man to point out guys that girls will think are hot.

Skjei was one of the few blemishes on my record; I'm glad to not have to stare that slightly asymmetrical error in the face anymore.

Recognizing whether or not someone is conventionally attractive has nothing to do with your own sexuality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad