• Don't like it

• Hate it

Results are only viewable after voting.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

Carolina has a tough schedule. They are hosting Dallas and Colorado this week. They have a long road trip coming up with 7 out of their next 8 games on the road. Pittsburgh is their home game. Both of their goaltenders are out with injuries. Mrazek has a concussion. He should be out a few weeks. Reimer is out long term.

The Leafs are a mess. They are barely holding onto 3rd in their division. Florida has been terrible since the all star break. Bob got $70M and he has been so inconsistent. Buffalo has been creeping back into the mix. The Sabres beat Pittsburgh and Winnipeg over the weekend. They added Simmonds yesterday and traded Sheary and Rodrigues for Kuhan. The Habs have 66 points. They lost all 4 games this season to the Red Wings. They would be 2 points behind TO if they split the Wings games.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Howden exposed for sure. Definition of replaceable. Yes, it means we got fleeced by Tampa, but most of us knew that the day of the trade.
. The Tampa deal we went for quantity. However I do like the picks we got. Both Nils and Henriksson look good. I do like hajek but it’s obviously the Rangers valued him too high at least as of now

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Hajek is still young. D-men take more time to develop. Everybody jumping ship on him already are out of their mind. Nils and Henriksson also came from that deal. TB has had McDonagh 2.5 years and done nothing, and they moved Miller, a guy on pace for 80+ points because it was either he or Killorn out the door. Also, Strome is a 2-3 year deal in the waiting. Rangers aren't exposing a 60+ point C who is playing top PP and PK without getting anything back. They'll deal him if anything. I really think a lot of people are fooled by Strome. I really liked his game last year when he got here, and his goal also got us Kakko, so we should love him haha. The hate he gets because "it's Panarin" racking up the points for him is unfair. He's a 70+ point C behind Mika playing with Panarin. People thinking you can just pluck another guy out of thin air to replace him are nuts. Strome is 26. I might be one of a handful that like Ryan Strome and thinks he fits our team perfectly.

AKA Chief

Sep 29, 2017
...and they moved Miller, a guy on pace for 80+ points because it was either he or Killorn out the door.

We also had Miller...but hey, we got Namestnikov for him...and then we moved Namestnikov for a 4th rounder and someone named Nick Ebert...

Trading Miller was stupid then and it's more stupid now...sorry, but sour grapes tend to leave a bad taste for a long time :)

Reactions: hi

AKA Chief

Sep 29, 2017
Understand trading Skjei but not happy about it...he's gone while Staal and Smith are still here...there's no defending that on hockey terms.

and BTW - how the hell did SJ get a 1st for Barclay Goodrow???

Reactions: egelband

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
So, we just need Toronto to hit the lotto and CAR to miss the playoffs. Get a top15 pick for Skjei. We couldn't get that for Kreider and/or Buch last draft.

It's tank season.... just not for us

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Understand trading Skjei but not happy about it...he's gone while Staal and Smith are still here...there's no defending that on hockey terms.

Because Smith and Staal only have 1 more year on their deals, no one wants them, and Skjei has what, 4 more years left? It makes the team weaker in the short term but long term it's fine

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
so what is the best case scenario if neither of those things happen?
Before yesterday I think Toronto was around 18 and Carolina at 21. Carolina fell out of the playoffs last night, but assuming they make it, I think 19-22 is realistic if neither teams wins two rounds.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
So, we just need Toronto to hit the lotto and CAR to miss the playoffs. Get a top15 pick for Skjei. We couldn't get that for Kreider and/or Buch last draft.

It's tank season.... just not for us

It is interesting and fun to imagine Toronto finishing say, 10th overall, and keeping their pick; Carolina missing the playoffs and winning the lottery (1st overall) and giving us their pick, and the Rangers making a valiant effort but finishing with the 9th overall pick.

And then add Lafreniere and Lundell, securing cheap contracts and depth, with the ability to eventually go out and get a few additional pieces.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019

it makes sense. He has regressed and his contract is long term. Plus we got a first rounder for him. We are stuck with smith and Staal unless this summer we can use a buyout or a desperate team takes a shot at one of them with salary retention

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
It is interesting and fun to imagine Toronto finishing say, 10th overall, and keeping their pick; Carolina missing the playoffs and winning the lottery (1st overall) and giving us their pick, and the Rangers making a valiant effort but finishing with the 9th overall pick.

And then add Lafreniere and Lundell, securing cheap contracts and depth, with the ability to eventually go out and get a few additional pieces.
oh geez, this is giving me PTSD from last post-season getting confused who to root for and against. It was Winnipeg to lose, Dallas to win, something else... :skeptic:

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Hajek is still young. D-men take more time to develop. Everybody jumping ship on him already are out of their mind. Nils and Henriksson also came from that deal. TB has had McDonagh 2.5 years and done nothing, and they moved Miller, a guy on pace for 80+ points because it was either he or Killorn out the door. Also, Strome is a 2-3 year deal in the waiting. Rangers aren't exposing a 60+ point C who is playing top PP and PK without getting anything back. They'll deal him if anything. I really think a lot of people are fooled by Strome. I really liked his game last year when he got here, and his goal also got us Kakko, so we should love him haha. The hate he gets because "it's Panarin" racking up the points for him is unfair. He's a 70+ point C behind Mika playing with Panarin. People thinking you can just pluck another guy out of thin air to replace him are nuts. Strome is 26. I might be one of a handful that like Ryan Strome and thinks he fits our team perfectly.
I don't mind Strome. been a fan of his since his Islanders days. yea fans get on his case but hey let's remember that the Islanders selected him 5th overall and not the Rangers and all the Rangers gave up was Ryan Spooner. he should get flack for stupid penalties in the offensive zone and missing great passes but hey at least he not someone who is overpaid like Clutterbuck or Uncle Leo or someone who is unmovable like Marc Staal who they are stuck with

Reactions: Anthony5967

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
We also had Miller...but hey, we got Namestnikov for him...and then we moved Namestnikov for a 4th rounder and someone named Nick Ebert...

Trading Miller was stupid then and it's more stupid now...sorry, but sour grapes tend to leave a bad taste for a long time :)
You know how many people wanted him out of here? His playoff stats are horrendous.

BLOCKERSAVE

Jan 16, 2013
Fleeced only if Lundkvist doesn’t pan out

Howden and Hajek still carry some value as depth guys but yea both exposed in expansion
Mcdonagh isn't playing that great, only 12 points for the season and JT Miller is not on the team how is that a fleece?

Reactions: egelband

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

I would take 1OA from Carolina with ours being 31 too. :)

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Mcdonagh isn't playing that great, only 12 points for the season and JT Miller is not on the team how is that a fleece?

Because people want to be right godammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whether it's a trade victory, or a projection, or a prediction, or diagnosing an injury by reading tea leaves, or making assumptions about personalities, we want to win the discussion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad