Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Artemi Panarin signs with the Rangers (7 years, $11.642 AAV)

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
Because Hayes has a bad free agent contract, you feel better about having the highest paid winger in the game? He only needs to score about 40 more points next season to be worth it.
How do you figure? Are you basing this on contract numbers? Because you can’t. A 7 million dollar contract 4 years ago is not the same 7 million today. I feel like people fail to realize that.

What percentage of the cap is it?

Nucks N Canes

Jun 22, 2011
Can we pin this for a couple of more seasons, lol

D will get better but trouba ain't a #1 he's a good #2/3. See how long it takes fox and ADA to solidify the top 4. I like their chances of the cup in 3 years just not this year as they won't make the playoffs.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
D will get better but trouba ain't a #1 he's a good #2/3. See how long it takes fox and ADA to solidify the top 4. I like their chances of the cup in 3 years just not this year as they won't make the playoffs.

Yeah, I don't think there is any Ranger fan on earth that thinks they have a chance this year. 3 years from now is a different story. Once Miller comes up the defense will take off. As for Trouba, its funny how once he gets traded to the Rangers hes no longer a top line dman. I think we'll take our chances with Trouba, ADA and Fox on the right side for the foreseeable future but thanks for the words of encouragement.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I just think it’s funny how two sources that aren’t considered legitimate on here had this before anyone else.

4 days before the signing happened he said the Rangers had signed him.

Incarcerated Bob had it 11:27am.

Dreger had it 11:45am.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Still has the second-highest cap hit in the league and he's not the second-best player
Obviously NYR had to overpay since he was UFA, but I'm not sure how the deal is looking "better"

I agree, I’m not sure why it’s considered a bargain at this point. Let’s wait and see how he does before making that call. If anything the injury(super minor groin injury, but similar injuries have plagued some players in the past) makes it look a little worse.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I just think it’s funny how two sources that aren’t considered legitimate on here had this before anyone else.

4 days before the signing happened he said the Rangers had signed him.

Incarcerated Bob had it 11:27am.

Dreger had it 11:45am.

The guy who had it 4 days before it happened was just guessing. I’m pretty sure Panarin himself said that he hadn’t made his decision or made it official with the Rangers until pretty late.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
I agree, I’m not sure why it’s considered a bargain at this point. Let’s wait and see how he does before making that call. If anything the injury(super minor groin injury, but similar injuries have plagued some players in the past) makes it look a little worse.
Because typically ufas get paid significantly more than rfas. And that is but the case at all.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Still has the second-highest cap hit in the league and he's not the second-best player
Obviously NYR had to overpay since he was UFA, but I'm not sure how the deal is looking "better"

He got $18M for his previous 4 seasons, and being a PPG player, he was worth 32M at least (8M/year), so he just got compensated for what he had done. Of course, he scored for Chicago and Columbus and got compensated by Rangers, but it's another topic.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
The guy who had it 4 days before it happened was just guessing. I’m pretty sure Panarin himself said that he hadn’t made his decision or made it official with the Rangers until pretty late.

He wasn’t guessing. He actually has a track record and other European posters on here have said he’s gotten things correct before in the past. I had to check with others who knew more about him.

Also, why is Panarin going to say he’s made a decision before 7/1 regardless of whether he has or not? No UFA’s do that. You can possibly eliminate suitors that way. No agent would advise of this.

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
This is certainly no steal, the Breadman got paid.

However, this deal will get better as the next few off-seasons pass by as UFAs and RFAs will be compensated closer to or above Panarin's contract.

This is of course assuming that he will continue to produce at an elite level.

Reactions: Joey Bones

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
Panarin is the best player that a team added this summer, he is a true game breaker and he's in his prime. Overall I think the Rangers will make a push for Lundqvist, they actually have a very decent team.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Panarin is the best player that a team added this summer, he is a true game breaker and he's in his prime. Overall I think the Rangers will make a push for Lundqvist, they actually have a very decent team.

I could see them collapsing just as easily.

Reactions: pld459666

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018

It's funny that a Devils fan would say that. Because I think Hughes was the best player added.

Really interested to see where Panarin fits in the lineup. I didn't think he looked like a good fit where he was playing in preseason, but maybe it was the groin injury, I think they really need to play around with some line combos for him.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I'd guess they could be deadly in a year.

Similar to Jets few years ago.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
It's funny that a Devils fan would say that. Because I think Hughes was the best player added.

Really interested to see where Panarin fits in the lineup. I didn't think he looked like a good fit where he was playing in preseason, but maybe it was the groin injury, I think they really need to play around with some line combos for him.

imo its pretty doubtful hughes outplays panarin this year.

long term sure guranteed 7 years of a first overall will prob be the better pickup but this year its the established star. imo

as far as line combos go I think he will be fine . so far we have seen he can play co pilot to a top talent or carry a line , I doubt he has a bad year if he is healthy

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
dang yo, i want some of what your smokin! by the time williams was 27 (mcneil age) he was well over a 48 WAR player....McNeil is at 5.2

(if you wanna use just their first two seasons McNeil-5.2 Williams 13)
McNeil didn't break into the MLB until his mid 20's doesn't mean he can't hit the ball and put it in play wherever he wants like Williams, which he does, if you actually watched him play and look at his batting AVG

Reactions: egelband

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Quite the start to his NYR career. 30 points in 22 games, on pace for over 110 points. This playing on a line with 4th liner Jesper Fast for more than half the season while Zibanejad has been hurt the last 13 games (returning tomorrow).

artemi-panarin-celebrates-being-1st-star-of-the-game-with-a-high-kick.jpg

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
worth every damn penny so far.

Somebody in another thread said, its better to spend $11M on a player like Panarin (a guy who makes his line) than $7M on a guy like Hayes/Duchene/Pavelski (who needs to be on a line). You get so much more for the incremental increase.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad