Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] Artemi Panarin signs with the Rangers (7 years, $11.642 AAV)

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Nice to come across a comment with a positive vibe. And yes the Rangers are rebuilding much faster than anticipated so it’s pretty exciting.

Rangers have a big fanbase and not a lot of recent success (Cups wise), so I’m not too surprised. Same thing happens with Oilers on here. Sens played the Rangers twice in the playoffs and they had the classiest fans IMO.

I thought the signing was a great and exciting one. He got paid, but of course he would, he’s a superstar UFA. Rangers got an 80-90 point winger who makes anyone he plays with better. That’s a win, IMO. Rangers are fast tracking this rebuild.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
First year Panarin played in Columbus (being a product of Patrick Kane of course) he got 82 points on a team where the 2nd highest forward had... 46. Second year the gap was smaller, only 87 to 69 to 61, both #2 and #3 being his linemates. There's a reason Columbus was basically willing to offer him McDavid money at the last second.

If the Rangers don't ditch Zibanejad and their secondary scoring he should be a 90-100 point player for them for most of his contract while carrying whatever line he's on offensively. That's worth 11 million pretty easily these days.

Crazy that they may actually be a move or 2 from being able to win the cup for Hank after all

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017
Sooooo many bitter Flyers fans. Can't say I'm surprised. I hate the Flyers more than any other organization in the NHL. The Islanders and Devils are blemishes on our buttocks, but the Flyers, Penguins and Capitals...they take the cake. And when you couple that with them being Eagles fans? Fuhgeddaboutit.
You mean the same flyers giving stoner Hayes 7+ million a year?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's Panarin's gf who wants to be in Manhattan. If a country bumpkin like Panarin wanted to live in Manhattan from the outset, he would've signed with the Rangers, not the Hawks.

The only people who desperately want to live in Manhattan are women and Henrik Lundqvist because they want to live the Sex and the City lifestyle. Everyone else knows that Manahattan is a rat infested dump.

You've never been to NYC I take it? If you have willing to bet you only ventured around midtown.

Reactions: haveandare

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
It's really quite simple: Manhattan is a beautiful place to live in IF you have the means to do it, which Panarin does. For all its filth and odors and homeless people jacking it on the street, those who are able to live a luxurious lifestyle can enjoy the finer things in life.

I don't know Panarin personally and I know some of you can't fathom it, but some people actually like living in apartments instead of houses with yards. I've lived in Manhattan all my life. I've lived in an apartment all my life. For all its flaws and noise, I couldn't imagine living any other way.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Panarin
Buchnevich
Namestnikov
Kravtsov
Georgiev

I think that was a big factor for Panarin to choose NYR over NYI

Buch and Names might not even be on the team...

We don't know why he chose Manhattan over Long Island/Brooklyn, but he's not the first one and he won't be the last. Each place has their pluses and minuses, but no one can dispute that at least the intrigue of playing in Manhattan for a world-famous organization like the New York Rangers in the World's Most Famous Arena is appealing to many, especially Europeans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad