Speculation: Nylander XXIII - The Today Will Be a **** Show One Way or Another Edition (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
KHL can be a complete mess. Living over there can be lonely and isolating as hell. Many players from the west struggle to enjoy their time in Russia and not to mention a lot of players dont get paid on time or all the money they are owed.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Who wants to avatar bet? I’m betting Willy signs in Toronto in the next 4 hours and 6 minutes. Anyone? Put your avatar where your mouth is!
Would you be willing to put up your entire account on HFBoards?

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
Radulov was a high profile Russian star, and one of the best in the KHL, during a time when the league wasn't in the financial mess that it is now. That rumoured contract was used entirely for NHL negotiations, and would have never been signed, and/or never paid out in full.

The league is a financial mess, it's losing teams, it's rigged for 2 teams that can afford to pay players that I'm pretty sure Nylander couldn't even join. Nylander would be risking not only his happiness, success and development, but also his financial security, especially if he gets injured.

The only players who make even remotely close to half of what Nylander would make in the NHL, are legendary Russian stars, and the league has only gone downhill from then.

There is also less than half of the KHL season left to go, so any amount he would make is already more than cut in half.

The KHL is not a real option.

To add to this. The club that does own his rights is located in southwestern Siberia, on the Kazakstan border about 2,000 km east of Moscow. Very unlikely that he plays in the KHL.

If he sits he’s probably playing close to home in the SHL, earning something close to NHL league min with high Swedish tax rates.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Really proud of nylander for showing the world it was never about money. It was about respect, of which Toronto management has given him zero.

Reactions: DownGoesMcDavid

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Top Khl players can make significantly more then a million, Nylander would become likely top or top three paid guys in the khl. Payrolls can be found online, last time I looked top guy was paid about 5 million us. Nylander would make less then the nhl true, but not even close to a million
Yes, there was one player that made over 5 million a couple years ago, and the value of that contract is now below 5 million with the exchange rate where it is.

There were 7 players in the entire KHL that made more than 1.7 million as of 2 years ago, and the league has only crumbled financially (and in pretty much every other way) since then, and the exchange rate has gotten worse since then.

They were pretty much all Russian. The top contracts? Datsyuk and Kovalchuk, Russian legends. An entitled Swedish kid is not breaking the pay structure of the KHL, sorry.

The KHL season is more than half over, so any contract he got would also be more than cut in half.

The KHL is not a legitimate option.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Pffft this account is worthless. Would you be willing to put your account on the line? I’ll do that bet right now, lets go.
No, I wouldn’t. I feel to claim anyone stating they’re 100% sure of how this will turn out is foolish.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Really proud of nylander for showing the world it was never about money. It was about respect, of which Toronto management has given him zero.

Not surprised that you are really proud of Nylander. Most professional hockey people think he is an asshat, and other agents think Gross is a clown.

Glad you are proud though

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
It shouldn't have been difficult. These responses were to posts that didn't get the basic math behind the cap space the Leafs had. If Nylander doesn't sign, it's because he's not being a rational actor, and that's hard to predict.

If Nylander is willing to sign fair value between 6.5-7M to start, this would have been done a while ago. If the rumour is true, and he actually expected 8.5, and refused to budget from that for a while, then it's an extenuating circumstance.
All speculative. Rumours are just that.
However, factually, they'd have the space if Tavares wasn't taking 11 million a season aav. And that is not rumour, but fact, is what I was pointing out.
But I digress, as I stated, I don't believe Toronto management was fully cognizant of just how good their young guns actually were, at least sustainability wise.

As I said, the salary cap is actually working in this case, to prevent stacking on larger market teams.

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
No, I wouldn’t. I feel to claim anyone stating they’re 100% sure of how this will turn out is foolish.

Well that’s too bad. WHO WANTS TO MAKE AN ACCOUNT BET WITH ME? Put your account where your mouth is. Nylander will sign today with Toronto, WHO WANTS SOME?!

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay

Lmfao what is this crap. Wheres the source or you just making up dialog and How do you think they've given him no respect. Only thing that has been released to the press from them is how important he is to the team and how they want to get a contract done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad