Speculation: Nylander XXIII - The Today Will Be a **** Show One Way or Another Edition (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Weird situation. Couple months ago people pointed out that Kucherov didn't sign until October in the last contract. I guess they can't really use that comparison anymore.

Hope he sits out the whole year. Classic Toronto prioritizing certain players before the young core that they drafted.
What a skewed perspective. The Leafs should have passed on Tavares? Get real.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
People are in denial

Nylander wants his worth while Dubas wants to only pay Matthews and Marner what they want, not what Nylander wants

It is entirely based on respect

Reactions: Narwian

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
LOL I agree, everyone except the NHLPA.

I would love to hear what they truly think. I would guess the PA doesn't want the headache of 15 young players going through this next year, or maybe they do.

They want there players making the most money they can. And don’t want guys taking discounts because that discounts other players.

Still think he signs and stays a Leaf. If he wanted out there would have been a lot of leaks on negotiations.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
A player is trying to get what he is worth + RFA CBA rules = Team wins

Bottom line, Nylander is getting smoked because of the CBA rules.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I can’t imagine he doesn’t sign, the Leafs are legitimate cup contenders and whether people like it or not, winning in Toronto would mean more than probably any other market. The bridge deal seems so obvious I don’t know know why it hasn’t happened yet.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Really proud of nylander for showing the world it was never about money. It was about respect, of which Toronto management has given him zero.

Yeah. I wish my GM was more like Chia and just paid whatever the players ask out of respect. Lucic, Russell, overpay for Drai, etc.

Leafs are trying to build a contending team not a mediocre team that is up against the cap.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
All i know is, XXIV is coming fast!

Kind of shocked it has gone down like this, but I would be even more shocked if Nylander doesn't sign something by 5pm. That would be cutting off your nose to spite your face...by both parties.

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Whatever happens, i'm gonna have a field day going through these threads later.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
LOL I agree, everyone except the NHLPA.

I would love to hear what they truly think. I would guess the PA doesn't want the headache of 15 young players going through this next year, or maybe they do.

It's not a headache for them. The more a player gets, the better for other players.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
People are in denial

Nylander wants his worth while Dubas wants to only pay Matthews and Marner what they want, not what Nylander wants

It is entirely based on respect
People are in denial on both sides of the fence.

It can swing either way, and the amount of people here who may have a legitimate inside into really knowing what’s going on is 0.001% of the people posting.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
This ****show is hilarious... 12 threads and counting. We can and we will? Leaf fans are gonna be in for a rude awakening next year. I expect Nylander to sign around 7 million, but either way, this isn't a good start for Dubas.
In the eyes of Leafs fans, he brought John Tavares, the promised boy. He can do no wrong! But Matthew's next contract should be juicy.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
It's not a headache for them. The more players get, the better for other players.

Worse for fans, teams, and the game though.

You cannot have a hard cap system, and high salaries for all players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln