Speculation: Nylander XXIII - The Today Will Be a **** Show One Way or Another Edition (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan Wake

It's not a loop, it's a spiral.
Dec 14, 2017
Weird situation. Couple months ago people pointed out that Kucherov didn't sign until October in the last contract. I guess they can't really use that comparison anymore.

Hope he sits out the whole year. Classic Toronto prioritizing certain players before the young core that they drafted.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Really proud of nylander for showing the world it was never about money. It was about respect, of which Toronto management has given him zero.

giphy.gif

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Weird situation. Couple months ago people pointed out that Kucherov didn't sign until October in the last contract. I guess they can't really use that comparison anymore.

Hope he sits out the whole year. Classic Toronto prioritizing certain players before the young core that they drafted.

Wanna make an account bet? Let’s go

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Really proud of nylander for showing the world it was never about money. It was about respect, of which Toronto management has given him zero.

"Respect" is paying a guy with nothing but two seasons of 61 points each to his resume $7-8 million per season? I think the world you're looking for his "entitlement". As has amply been pointed out, when guys like Pasternak, Ehlers, and Filip Forsberg are all make in the $6 million range, you take that as your base line not the contract Draisaitl got due to his being in a superior negotiating position with Edmonton.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Not surprised that you are really proud of Nylander. Most professional hockey people think he is an asshat, and other agents think Gross is a clown.

Glad you are proud though

I doubt any of them work for the NHLPA.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I thought dubas and shanahan said they spoke to marner mathews and nylander about signing Tavares and needing to take.a discount tomake everyone fit and the big 3 was all for it ?

Nylander has a different agenda. Cant blame him

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
T minus 4 hours til HF Boards crashes. RIP servers.

I think everyone including myself will be more relieved that this **** is finally over if he signs/traded or doesn't sign. We can start off sportscentre/sports central with hockey highlights not Nylander talk. Sign or don't sign get this **** over with.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Well that’s too bad. WHO WANTS TO MAKE AN ACCOUNT BET WITH ME? Put your account where your mouth is. Nylander will sign today with Toronto, WHO WANTS SOME?!
I actually did start to consider it but after I seen you’re using capslock, I know I’d have no chance.

Just kidding. But for real, having opinions based on emotion rather than logic is usually a bad road to travel.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
This shitshow is hilarious... 12 threads and counting. We can and we will? Leaf fans are gonna be in for a rude awakening next year. I expect Nylander to sign around 7 million, but either way, this isn't a good start for Dubas.

Flipwon

Jun 25, 2018

You're right, I'm sure it's just a priority thing. Nylanders agent been calling off the hook to get it done and dubas just like yah I'll call em back later, I gotta talk to hainseys agent first make sure we can fit em in before we commit.

Some people are delusional. Blinded by that leaf hate. :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Angry Penguin

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
So you are saying if Nylander doesn't sign today he won't play in the KHL this year?
I doubt it. He probably plays somewhere in Europe, or takes the year off and trains.

Even if he did play in the KHL, it's to continue his development, not to get paid. He would not in any way make any substantial amount that would be a consideration in his negotiations now.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I doubt any of them work for the NHLPA.

LOL I agree, everyone except the NHLPA.

I would love to hear what they truly think. I would guess the PA doesn't want the headache of 15 young players going through this next year, or maybe they do.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
You're right, I'm sure it's just a priority thing. Nylanders agent been calling off the hook to get it done and dubas just like yah I'll call em back later, I gotta talk to hainseys agent first make sure we can fit em in before we commit.

Some people are delusional. Blinded by that leaf hate. :laugh::laugh:
You’re absolutely right. But the flip side is that there’s an equal amount of people blinded by leafs love.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Yes, there was one player that made over 5 million a couple years ago, and the value of that contract is now below 5 million with the exchange rate where it is.

There were 7 players in the entire KHL that made more than 1.7 million as of 2 years ago, and the league has only crumbled financially (and in pretty much every other way) since then, and the exchange rate has gotten worse since then.

They were pretty much all Russian. The top contracts? Datsyuk and Kovalchuk, Russian legends. An entitled Swedish kid is not breaking the pay structure of the KHL, sorry.

The KHL season is more than half over, so any contract he got would also be more than cut in half.

The KHL is not a legitimate option.

He would instantly likely become the top player not playing in the nhl in the world.....every single khl team would be drooling to make him their star.....he would get paid handsomely.....again not saying nhl salary but he would be a rock star there and very highly paid. KHL is absolutely an option if he wanted to consider it.....I’m not saying he would but comments about the khl not being any option and him not earning even a million dollars there is simply not true.

Again not saying it will happen but it’s an option. Trade or sign in the nhl is by far the most likely outcomes. Hours left only.....finally be done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino