Speculation: Nylander XXI - all Nylander discussion here (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
If a deal isnt made by the deadline, can he play in Europe?

Yes, he technically could have played in Europe at any point after his deal expired on July 1st but the injury risk isn't worth it until he knows he's sitting for the year.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I could see MTL make an offer, Nylander would make their top 6 really dynamic

Yeah, if (i) Nylander's salary demands are reasonable and (ii) you're OK with Poehling/Suzuki+ as a return. I don't see that ever happening.
Would have to be Petry as the base and then we would need something to make up the gap in age value and years of control.

Petry + 1st + 2nd likely gets it done it allows them to stock up the prospect pool a bit more either to replace internally or use for trade and also gets them a guy who is better than Hainsey for the top pair.

Habs couldn't afford that. Petry is one thing, but adding our 1st all while killing our 2nd pair is a recipe for disaster.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
Why would he say anything different right now?

He's obviously not going to sit there and say anything negative but if he wasn't confident he likely wouldn't say anything at all. If he wasn't confident Nylander would be signed he wouldn't sit in front of the camera and make himself look like an idiot.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I dont understand the horton part... Why? Carolina wouldnt take that with their ownership. Its real money theyd be paying. Its not covered by insurance.

I thought it was insured... that would have helped the trade a lot though, freeing up real cap hit.

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
Pesce + for Nylander is more fair than Canes fans are admitting ASSUMING Nylander's ask is around the 7 Mil range and not the 8 mil range like rumored before.

Faulk has been great this year. Not saying it makes Faulk for Nylander fair form a TOR POV, though. I'm just making that point

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
The only way that I see Slavin in a trade with the Leafs, is if something like Slavin + Pesce + Kuokkanen for Gardiner + Nylander +1st went down (maybe there is more from one side, or the other... just saying as a basis). The only argument that I can make on that one, is if Carolina feels that they need to upgrade their offense from the back and the front.... The challenge being, Gardiner is a UFA, and Nylander isn't signed... Carolina easily has the cap space to do it though, but I'd probably be pissed if I were a Carolina fan at that. I mean, Carolina has spent a great deal of time scouting the Leafs.... HF would blowup at such a trade.

Toronto though, with Slavin, Rielly, Pesce in their top four.... That's a pretty good D core.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Yeah, if (i) Nylander's salary demands are reasonable and (ii) you're OK with Poehling/Suzuki+ as a return. I don't see that ever happening.

Habs couldn't afford that. Petry is one thing, but adding our 1st all while killing our 2nd pair is a recipe for disaster.
Yeah that's too high of a price tag, change the first out to something of lesser value

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
if you think were going to trade nylander for a guy whos a UFA in two years, youre a mess

No. I'm not going to trade Slavin at-all and Pesce straight-across makes sense but since Toronto supposedly wants more...that's not going to work.

So, either Toronto changes their asking price or hopefully finds a different sucker.

Edit: If its not clear...I don't want Nylander in a Canes uniform unless the price is right. Much rather pursue Jeff Carter or Eric Staal and keep our top-4 intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad