Proposal: Nylander for Lindholm

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
The massive amount of lopsided trade proposals I see makes me suspicious Leaf fans are up to something.

Do you really think that we dont hate the brain dead threads as much as you do?

Nation does tend to have a high tolerance for those type of trades though. And, we are often very eager and more than happy to join the ensuing argument that arises as a result.

We do have a lot of fans of course.

Its really hard to measure what percentage make these brain dead/lopsided proposals (on a per-capita basis), so nothing conclusive can be said about that, and not sure anyone really cares. I think it just comes off as these kind of trades are coming in waves. I can see why someone would use "massive" as an adjective in this case.

Last edited:

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
You do realize we both made it to same round last year. We did that whilr fighting injuries and having RC as a coach.

you do realize since coming to the nhl lindholms been 1 of the best shut dmen in the league.

Nylander i dont even pick up phone
Yeah I know your opinion before posting.

Can you tell me the difference between the Leafs core's age and their off season addition and the the Ducks core age.

Do these obvious truths really need to be spelt out?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Ducks immediately say no. As much as Nylander is needed in Anaheim Murray would be fired for trading its franchise defenseman. As much as Matthews is to toronto is as much as Lindholm is to Anaheim.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
For me it'd be hard without knowing Marners future contract. Lindholm for instance is signed to a good one

We should just give Lindholm a NMC he’s never going to be traded from Anaheim. And the Lindholm threads would eventually die off these boards.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Ducks immediately say no. As much as Nylander is needed in Anaheim Murray would be fired for trading its franchise defenseman. As much as Matthews is to toronto is as much as Lindholm is to Anaheim.
I'm reading this a lot, the idea of a team's best player is equivalent to another teams best player is obviously fallacious logic.

Lindholm is much closer to Nylander than he is Matthews. I'd say about equal value but I get that isn't the general consensus here.

I'd just add what do you expect a team to accomplish with Lindholm as their best piece?

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I'm reading this a lot, the idea of a team's best player is equivalent to another teams best player is obviously fallacious logic.

Lindholm is much closer to Nylander than he is Matthews. I'd say about equal value but I get that isn't the general consensus here.

I'd just add what do you expect a team to accomplish with Lindholm as their best piece?
Answer this question, what does a team hope to accomplish by trading their best D, who is still under 25 years old signed long term at a great price, who has been the key piece to one of the leagues best shutdown pairings, who is also seen as either a #2D or for some a #1D? Any team would rather have a Lindholm be the centerpiece of their D core than Nylander be a complimentary piece to their forward core.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Do you really think that we dont hate the brain dead threads as much as you do? I get to read a dozen brilliant posts like "if he's so good why do so many Leafs fans want to trade him?"
I keep bringing it up at our quarterly meetings but it seems to fall on deaf ears.
Nobody is forcing you to read em. I sure hope you will be able to survive.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Answer this question, what does a team hope to accomplish by trading their best D, who is still under 25 years old signed long term at a great price, who has been the key piece to one of the leagues best shutdown pairings, who is also seen as either a #2D or for some a #1D? Any team would rather have a Lindholm be the centerpiece of their D core than Nylander be a complimentary piece to their forward core.
I'm not saying I'm married to my proposal and either side is dumb to pass, superficially the Leafs can afford to lose a center and the Ducks can a blueliner given their needs.

It's a matter of Nylander being underrated and Lindholm overrated on these boards where the major disconnect is IMO.

It's a bit of weasel move to suggest Nylander is just 'a complimentary forward' and Lindholm 'centerpiece of a D core'.

Nylander is a bit of a victim of being lost in the shuffle of the Leafs being stacked up front. And he can play center, looked good winning an MVP in the Worlds at that position.

As much as I like Lindholm, he's not a franchise blueliner, he's more of the Rielly low end 1D ilk.

Your welcome to keep him.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Lindholm is our best defenseman defensively we aren't trading him. Matthews is the only player we would possibly trade him for but Maple Leafs wouldn't want any part of that so no Lindholm to Maple Leafs.

Reactions: Not Jared Cowen

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I'm not saying I'm married to my proposal and either side is dumb to pass, superficially the Leafs can afford to lose a center and the Ducks can a blueliner given their needs.

It's a matter of Nylander being underrated and Lindholm overrated on these boards where the major disconnect is IMO.

It's a bit of weasel move to suggest Nylander is just 'a complimentary forward' and Lindholm 'centerpiece of a D core'.

Nylander is a bit of a victim of being lost in the shuffle of the Leafs being stacked up front. And he can play center, looked good winning an MVP in the Worlds at that position.

As much as I like Lindholm, he's not a franchise blueliner, he's more of the Rielly low end 1D ilk.

Your welcome to keep him.
Nylander isn't a franchise forward. Lindholm is the center piece of our D core, Nylander is not the centerpiece to that offense; and he wouldn't be with us. If Nylander is the guy you're pitching him as, he would be scoring more points than Rakell at the very least since Nylander plays with a much more stacked up offense than rakell.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Nylander isn't a franchise forward. Lindholm is the center piece of our D core, Nylander is not the centerpiece to that offense; and he wouldn't be with us. If Nylander is the guy you're pitching him as, he would be scoring more points than Rakell at the very least since Nylander plays with a much more stacked up offense than rakell.
I'm glad we can close the book on what Nylander is after he's played two full seasons in the bigs.

'Lindholm is the centerpiece of our D core' ok?

Are you saying Rakell is better than Nylander? Am I suppose to take the bait on that? A lot of non arguments here.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Would have to be a + on Nylander. Lindholm is seriously good. Nylander is a 60 point winger that doesn't get you a #1 D.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I’m starting to think Nylander and Kapanen must not be very good.

Leaf fans sure want to jettison them off the roster quite often
Huh, It appears to me that the Leafs are asking a good return for those players when they do put them in proposals. Certainly, not ones that would " jettison" the players. A good example is this one. The Leafs want Lindholm for Nylander. Lindholm is an excellent young defender, so good in fact that the Leafs have offered Nylander for him. Even so some Ducks fans and Leaf fans still don't want to do the deal.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I would trade Nylander + Assets from a Gardiner trade for Lindholm. Not sure if that's enough though.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I’m starting to think Nylander and Kapanen must not be very good.

Leaf fans sure want to jettison them off the roster quite often

HF is not used to a canadian team having such a nice expandable piece.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad