Proposal: Nylander for Lindholm

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Or just give up the 1st + 2nd/B prospect for Tanev and bite the bullet rather than give up one of the big 3 for a d-man.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Or just give up the 1st + 2nd/B prospect for Tanev and bite the bullet rather than give up one of the big 3 for a d-man.
The main reason is: with Lindholm you get great value if you give up Nylander, but you give up far too much for Tanev. Too many picks, too high and why a prospect?

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Huh, It appears to me that the Leafs are asking a good return for those players when they do put them in proposals. Certainly, not ones that would " jettison" the players. A good example is this one. The Leafs want Lindholm for Nylander. Lindholm is an excellent young defender, so good in fact that the Leafs have offered Nylander for him. Even so some Ducks fans and Leaf fans still don't want to do the deal.

No, Leafs are always giving to low value. Nylander is only offered for a dman worth much more, same with Kapanen.
Lindholm will cost Matthews.

member 300185

Nope, I am a fan of Marner. He's a good young smallish winger with upside. But if you've been watching hockey for 50 years and can't draw any comparisons then you can't be helped.
Haha, smallish? Marner is almost 6'1" and weighs 180 and growing. Are you referring to 3 years ago when he was 5'10"?

member 300185

You do realize we both made it to same round last year. We did that whilr fighting injuries and having RC as a coach.

you do realize since coming to the nhl lindholms been 1 of the best shut dmen in the league.

Nylander i dont even pick up phone[/QUOTE]
Then, how do you know its Nylander? You got ESP?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Maybe not, but Nylander for Lindholm is a joke.
I am not certain it is a joke, but one for one wouldn't happen even if all things were equal and we based it on position. D holds more value than wing especially a young top pairing winger.

member 300185

Would have to be a + on Nylander. Lindholm is seriously good. Nylander is a 60 point winger that doesn't get you a #1 D.
Nah uh. Nylander is originally a centre but plays wing on Matthews line because of chemistry. Willy is a natural centre.

member 300185

Some of these proposals are hilarious.

As a Leaf fan, I have to say other Leaf fans are braindead and I am glad they are not the GM.

Leaf fans listen up. Why on this green earth would you want to trade Nylander for Lindholm? When you subtract Nylander, then the offence takes a huge hit. First, thats Matthews chemistry match. If that happened and the Leafs suffer an injury to another winger, then that side becomes a weak point.

I say no to moving any of the 6 stars. Matthews, Nylander, Tavares, Kadri, Marner or Rielly are core pieces and aren't going anywhere.

Why do you always want to get rid of our shiny toys. Nylander is a budding star and he is about to sign a contract worth good value because in a year or 2, he would be asking for a whole lot money when he is a 25 goal scorer, 85+ players, in part because he plays on Matthews line. And they will get a few easier matchups because Tavares line will tow the line.

I for one, am not interested in messing with our killer offence.

member 300185

Hahahaha at the people who think Lindholm is worth Matthews. You are just embarrassing yourselves.

Matthews is a generation talent centre. Lindholm is not even the ducks top 3 player. Talk about overvaluing players. Wow. One of the best centres in the league, on the way to becoming a superstar, for Lindhom? Hahahahaha :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Hahahaha at the people who think Lindholm is worth Matthews. You are just embarrassing yourselves.

Matthews is a generation talent centre. Lindholm is not even the ducks top 3 player. Talk about overvaluing players. Wow. One of the best centres in the league, on the way to becoming a superstar, for Lindhom? Hahahahaha :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
One ridiculous poster criticizing another.

I think this ones worse

howkie

Dec 13, 2014

Ducks plays, Kings, Sharks, Jets and other big teams, they dont want players who is hiding around the faceoff dot in the center ice instead of getting the puck in corner...and they want a center, so who you gonna offer?

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

Lindholm for Matthews is the only thing that would make sense for Anaheim because we need a good young center for our present and future for when Getzlaf isn't so good or isn't playing for us anymore. We don't want a winger at the cost of Lindholm who is are best defenseman defensively. Your confusing what it would take from Toronto for us to trade Lindholm with Lindholm overall value to other teams you shouldn't do that. Teams needs are a thing that exists learn about that.

Calling Matthews a generational talent is overvaluing him. He is good but he ain't that good. Don't talk about other teams overvaluing players when you just overvalued someone like that with Matthews because it makes you look foolish.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Some of these proposals are hilarious.

As a Leaf fan, I have to say other Leaf fans are braindead and I am glad they are not the GM.

Leaf fans listen up. Why on this green earth would you want to trade Nylander for Lindholm? When you subtract Nylander, then the offence takes a huge hit. First, thats Matthews chemistry match. If that happened and the Leafs suffer an injury to another winger, then that side becomes a weak point.

I say no to moving any of the 6 stars. Matthews, Nylander, Tavares, Kadri, Marner or Rielly are core pieces and aren't going anywhere.

Why do you always want to get rid of our shiny toys. Nylander is a budding star and he is about to sign a contract worth good value because in a year or 2, he would be asking for a whole lot money when he is a 25 goal scorer, 85+ players, in part because he plays on Matthews line. And they will get a few easier matchups because Tavares line will tow the line.

I for one, am not interested in messing with our killer offence.
I gurentee your gm is a huge fan of lindholm and manson and would love to have either.... unfortunetly they both wont come cheap. Dont like it tell rest of leaf nation to stop askin

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Bahahahahaha!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I shouldn't bother responding because you post like a child, but what the heck.

Look at the 25 years of draft history between the Ducks and Leafs since the former has existed. You will see a grand total of zero defenseman drafted and developed who are better quality than Lindholm. Over that same time span the Ducks alone have drafted over a half dozen first line caliber forwards.

If I'm wrong and it's so easy to land top young Dmen, why do you only have one?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad