Proposal: Nylander for Lindholm

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Why TF would the Ducks do this???
Ducks are bottom heavy, Leafs are top heavy. Ducks aren't competitive anymore and get younger in this deal. Nylander still hasn't hit his ceiling despite having exception underlying numbers screaming breakout year.

Ducks can stick to the script and continue to regress and die slowly.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I’m starting to think Nylander and Kapanen must not be very good.

Leaf fans sure want to jettison them off the roster quite often

Reactions: STLomacneko

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I’m starting to think Nylander and Kapanen must not be very good.

Leaf fans sure want to jettison them off the roster quite often

Or maybe Leaf fans want to acquire a defenceman, and those are the assets that would be least painful to lose. Not many teams are willing to consider dealing players with that kind of talent at age 21.

It's odd that you say that to be honest, because from what I've read, Boston fans loved Kapanen's performance against them in the playoffs. The GDT was full of praise for him.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Or maybe Leaf fans want to acquire a defenceman, and those are the assets that would be least painful to lose. Not many teams are willing to consider dealing players with that kind of talent at age 21.

It's odd that you say that to be honest, because from what I've read, Boston fans loved Kapanen's performance against them in the playoffs. The GDT was full of praise for him.
I do not believe it. The massive amount of lopsided trade proposals I see makes me suspicious Leaf fans are up to something.

As for the playoffs Marner was really good. Anderson was their best player. Reilly was good in a couple of them.

The rest were pretty meh.

Reactions: STLomacneko

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Talk to your fellow leaf fans then. It's not ANA fans making thread after thread trying to trade a top 4 D for wingers.
Do you really think that we dont hate the brain dead threads as much as you do? I get to read a dozen brilliant posts like "if he's so good why do so many Leafs fans want to trade him?"
I keep bringing it up at our quarterly meetings but it seems to fall on deaf ears.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Still an easy no. Skilled offensive wingers are easier to get your hands on than #1 D. We would have an easier time finding a Marner than trying to replace Lindholm.
Like to see that proven. Sure I'm a Leaf fan,but I've been watchin' for over 50 years...not many Marner -like indivduals over that span! Perhaps you know of some coming up,or can maybe state an example of who currently is Marner-like that a team would give up for Lindholm.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Ducks aren't competitive anymore and get younger in this deal.

You say that as if Lindholm is an aging vet. They are separated by two years and both under 25.

Ducks can stick to the script and continue to regress and die slowly.

OR
"You won't accept my proposal?! Well have fun with your sucky team!" You're a bit sensitive to be making proposals it seems.

Nylander is a great player but Anaheim won't give them Lindholm for him. It's not happening.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Like to see that proven.

Look at 25 years of drafting history between these two teams since the Ducks have existed. Lindholm and Rielly stand alone as true #1 D drafted and developed by the clubs, and there are quite a few examples forwards of top line quality drafted during that time.

It's really damn tough to draft and develop a #1D, and just as tough to trade for one because the teams that have them tend to lock them up for most of their prime barring off ice interference.

Reactions: go4hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad