Proposal: Nylander for Lindholm

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I will discuss your concerns at our next meeting. Thank you for your feedback.
You realize there's a lot of us right? Our hive mind mentality must not be functioning properly lately...
You guys need a flow chart or something. Hand it out at your parade planning parties. It’d help with the trade proposals.

Matthews = #1 Dman
Marner = possible #2 Dman
Everyone else, even in combination = not a #1 Dman.

Keep it simple for the EA sports crowd

Reactions: phillyb

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
You say that as if Lindholm is an aging vet. They are separated by two years and both under 25.

OR
"You won't accept my proposal?! Well have fun with your sucky team!" You're a bit sensitive to be making proposals it seems.

Nylander is a great player but Anaheim won't give them Lindholm for him. It's not happening.

Lol, I have no expectations of this proposal to be accepted, made the this thread out of the Nylander for Montour thread to see the general consensus.

Pretty typical HF, 'you're a x fan and we're a y fan' 'fans of x are saying so y wins' 'op is desperate'

I haven't really seen the players discussed but whatever. Muh general opinion reigns.

Last edited:

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
Like to see that proven. Sure I'm a Leaf fan,but I've been watchin' for over 50 years...not many Marner -like indivduals over that span! Perhaps you know of some coming up,or can maybe state an example of who currently is Marner-like that a team would give up for Lindholm.
Not sure if serious.. :huh:

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Look at 25 years of drafting history between these two teams since the Ducks have existed. Lindholm and Rielly stand alone as true #1 D drafted and developed by the clubs, and there are quite a few examples forwards of top line quality drafted during that time.

It's really damn tough to draft and develop a #1D, and just as tough to trade for one because the teams that have them tend to lock them up for most of their prime barring off ice interference.
I agree,#1 D are difficult to groom. However,I don't consider either player a true # 1.Besides ,it's not so much Lindholm I was refering to as it was your percieved underestimation of Marner.
I think all trades should be based on need anyway. Leafs don't need a Lindholm (obviously would be nice to have!) and maybe Anahiem doesn;t need a play making winger ,but the Leafs could use a Manson.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Nope, I am a fan of Marner. He's a good young smallish winger with upside. But if you've been watching hockey for 50 years and can't draw any comparisons then you can't be helped.
I didn't say 'any' I said 'not many'! Accuracy in reading is a thing!
Also , I noticed you don't have any comparisons!

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ducks are bottom heavy, Leafs are top heavy. Ducks aren't competitive anymore and get younger in this deal. Nylander still hasn't hit his ceiling despite having exception underlying numbers screaming breakout year.

Ducks can stick to the script and continue to regress and die slowly.
You do realize we both made it to same round last year. We did that whilr fighting injuries and having RC as a coach.

you do realize since coming to the nhl lindholms been 1 of the best shut dmen in the league.

Nylander i dont even pick up phone

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
I didn't say 'any' I said 'not many'! Accuracy in reading is a thing!
Also , I noticed you don't have any comparisons!
Oh excuse me, I must have glossed over that. The frequency of stupidity of alot of these leaf posts makes me gloss rather than read alot of the time. Accuracy in writing is also a thing!

Let's see

Martin st louis
Brad Marchand
Viktor arvidsson
Johnny gaudreau
Tyler johnson
Cam Atkinson
Mats Zuccarello
Clayton keller
Teuvo terraveinen
Nikita kucherov
Sébastien aho

There's alot more that I'm sure I'm missing. But I'm not really trying to sit here and type Comparisons for you all day.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You say that as if Lindholm is an aging vet. They are separated by two years and both under 25.

OR
"You won't accept my proposal?! Well have fun with your sucky team!" You're a bit sensitive to be making proposals it seems.

Nylander is a great player but Anaheim won't give them Lindholm for him. It's not happening.

Isnt it crazy watching peoples reactions after theyve been trapped in the basement for so long? Imagine if we all took this attitude when we woke up every morning and saw sunlight.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Oh excuse me, I must have glossed over that. The frequency of stupidity of alot of these leaf posts makes me gloss rather than read alot of the time. Accuracy in writing is also a thing!

Let's see

Martin st louis
Brad Marchand
Viktor arvidsson
Johnny gaudreau
Tyler johnson
Cam Atkinson
Mats Zuccarello
Clayton keller
Teuvo terraveinen
Nikita kucherov
Sébastien aho

There's alot more that I'm sure I'm missing. But I'm not really trying to sit here and type Comparisons for you all day.
Those are nice players,Marner will have a better career than all of the above!.It would likely take you 'all day' research to come up with comparisons.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
I’m starting to think Nylander and Kapanen must not be very good.

Leaf fans sure want to jettison them off the roster quite often

Or leafs fans know in order to get a good dman you have to put a valuable piece on the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00