Proposal: Nylander for Lindholm

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Some of these proposals are hilarious.

As a Leaf fan, I have to say other Leaf fans are braindead and I am glad they are not the GM.

Leaf fans listen up. Why on this green earth would you want to trade Nylander for Lindholm? When you subtract Nylander, then the offence takes a huge hit. First, thats Matthews chemistry match. If that happened and the Leafs suffer an injury to another winger, then that side becomes a weak point.

I say no to moving any of the 6 stars. Matthews, Nylander, Tavares, Kadri, Marner or Rielly are core pieces and aren't going anywhere.

Why do you always want to get rid of our shiny toys. Nylander is a budding star and he is about to sign a contract worth good value because in a year or 2, he would be asking for a whole lot money when he is a 25 goal scorer, 85+ players, in part because he plays on Matthews line. And they will get a few easier matchups because Tavares line will tow the line.

I for one, am not interested in messing with our killer offence.
For someone that sits there acting so smart, you can’t understand why leafs fans would want a top pairing defender for him. You may lose some on the offense but the defence gets much better. Which is what they need help on.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I shouldn't bother responding because you post like a child, but what the heck.

Look at the 25 years of draft history between the Ducks and Leafs since the former has existed. You will see a grand total of zero defenseman drafted and developed who are better quality than Lindholm. Over that same time span the Ducks alone have drafted over a half dozen first line caliber forwards.

If I'm wrong and it's so easy to land top young Dmen, why do you only have one?

I’d challenge Tomas Kaberle was better. Rielly is on the same level as Lindholm, even if Hampus is better, it’s not by much.

Over that same time the Ducks have had something like 11 top 10 picks without an ownership group pressing management to keep aiming for the playoffs, thus resulting in many years of trading 1st round picks and prospects. Players like Alex Steen and Tuukka Rask being shipped out, 1st round picks that because Seguin and Hamilton.

It isn’t easy to land top young D’s, it’s even less easy to land top young C’s, in Anaheim’s history they’ve had one (1) true 1C, you’ll be finding out soon enough when Ryan either declines or retires how insanely hard a position that is to fill. By comparison, defence is easy.

member 300185

For someone that sits there acting so smart, you can’t understand why leafs fans would want a top pairing defender for him. You may lose some on the offense but the defence gets much better. Which is what they need help on.
We don't need Lindholm. We have Rielly, Dermott, Lilegrin, and Sandin. I think we can stand pat without giving up our current offence. Lilly and Sandin are still cooking, but they will be awesome.

member 300185

Ducks plays, Kings, Sharks, Jets and other big teams, they dont want players who is hiding around the faceoff dot in the center ice instead of getting the puck in corner...and they want a center, so who you gonna offer?

I'm not going to offer anyone. I will stand pat with our current team. No need to do anything. Our D is very undervalued as it is. And we have Lilly and Sandin cooking. Our current D corp was the D corp for a 105 point team last year and we added Tavares.
So no thanks on disrupting that.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
I'm a huge Nylander fan but Ducks should pass on this quite easily.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
We don't need Lindholm. We have Rielly, Dermott, Lilegrin, and Sandin. I think we can stand pat without giving up our current offence. Lilly and Sandin are still cooking, but they will be awesome.
Toronto definitely needs another top pairing defender. And they have offence to spare. Would I make the deal for him. I don’t know a lot about him other then he’s a top pairing defender. Also I wouldn’t rely on any of dermott, sandin and lilligren(I don’t know how to spell his name) becoming a top pairing D man in the NHL.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Ducks are bottom heavy, Leafs are top heavy. Ducks aren't competitive anymore and get younger in this deal. Nylander still hasn't hit his ceiling despite having exception underlying numbers screaming breakout year.

Ducks can stick to the script and continue to regress and die slowly.

You're right. Hanging on to their 24 year old #1D will surely be their downfall.

I love when people make proposals and then take their little potshots when they're declined.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You're right. Hanging on to their 24 year old #1D will surely be their downfall.

I love when people make proposals and then take their little potshots when they're declined.

basically
Wah wah, you wont trade us arguably the best shutdown dmen in the league.... "your teams going to suck" but honestly just like san jose and LA, Anaheim has been a team people expect to drop off eventually... and every year all 3 teams manage to be in the picture at the end of the season.

And honestly even if we do suck I doubt guys like Rakell Kase Montour Lindholm Manson Gibson would be available wed most likely trade eaves perry getz silf kesler cogs etc and bring back prospects/picks to build around those guys .

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Over that same time the Ducks have had something like 11 top 10 picks

It isn’t easy to land top young D’s, it’s even less easy to land top young C’s,

I think the Leafs had qty 8 top eight picks in 8 years if you count the ones we gave up for Kessel.

We landed Matthews and Kadri with a 1st overall and 7th overall. Doesn't seem that hard as long you have early picks in the 1st round.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Lindholm>Nylander>Montour.

Ducks aren't moving Lindholm, why on earth would they? Something something generational ainec.

member 300185

Toronto definitely needs another top pairing defender. And they have offence to spare. Would I make the deal for him. I don’t know a lot about him other then he’s a top pairing defender. Also I wouldn’t rely on any of dermott, sandin and lilligren(I don’t know how to spell his name) becoming a top pairing D man in the NHL.
Its not about relying on them, its about developing them. And they have the tools, just not the toolbox yet. It was a 105 point team with that D corp. We dont need to unload our offensive weapons, we just need to keep developing our D. The took another step forward last year and they are also very young. I stand pat.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018

Is he really a 1D? Not a dominate one if so.

Just a proposal, my point was if Anaheim doesn't change things they can't win. They are regressing year to year.

I loath these 'you're upset proposal got shot down' with is 75% of this board's content

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
basically
Wah wah, you wont trade us arguably the best shutdown dmen in the league.... "your teams going to suck" but honestly just like san jose and LA, Anaheim has been a team people expect to drop off eventually... and every year all 3 teams manage to be in the picture at the end of the season.

And honestly even if we do suck I doubt guys like Rakell Kase Montour Lindholm Manson Gibson would be available wed most likely trade eaves perry getz silf kesler cogs etc and bring back prospects/picks to build around those guys .
Seems like it's the West coast fans crying with the usual 'how dare you' bs

Pointing out one stock is rising and the other failing is whining? Cool story brah

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Do you really think that we dont hate the brain dead threads as much as you do? I get to read a dozen brilliant posts like "if he's so good why do so many Leafs fans want to trade him?"
I keep bringing it up at our quarterly meetings but it seems to fall on deaf ears.

I would switch it to monthly meetings. It was a rough transition at first but now the Wings board is excelling under the new system.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Just a proposal, my point was if Anaheim doesn't change things they can't win. They are regressing year to year.

I loath these 'you're upset proposal got shot down' with is 75% of this board's content
They were in the WCF 2 years ago(and 2 of the last 4) , and last year they made the playoff despite having the highest man games missed of any team.... if anything the teams pattern over the last 4 years is good, bad, good, bad... and even in the bad seasons they were still a playoff team.

The biggest problem in Anaheim is RC, he got massively out coached last year vs san jose and shocked he managed to keep his job

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Its not about relying on them, its about developing them. And they have the tools, just not the toolbox yet. It was a 105 point team with that D corp. We dont need to unload our offensive weapons, we just need to keep developing our D. The took another step forward last year and they are also very young. I stand pat.
I have no problem going either way on a trade. I think there is a big difference from the regular season where it’s run and gun to the playoffs where their defensive game got exposed.

Reactions: NovaLeaf

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

Toronto has done far less than we have the last two seasons, and with a supposedly better players they couldn't get past the 1st round the past two years. Maybe Toronto can't win until they change things.

Or, the team who relies heavily on their defense would rather just keep their 24 year old top pairing D to have for now and for the future while we wait for our own forward prospects to come up, instead of trading them for a winger who puts up less points than our own young winger.

No one likes your proposal, just accept it, stop getting butt hurt and telling Ducks fans they have to do the deal because otherwise they'll suck.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I think the Leafs had qty 8 top eight picks in 8 years if you count the ones we gave up for Kessel.

We landed Matthews and Kadri with a 1st overall and 7th overall. Doesn't seem that hard as long you have early picks in the 1st round.
Getting an elite center is easy when you purposefully tank to get one. Ducks don't have that luxury, nor the luxury to have land in our laps for free like Tavares.

member 300185

I have no problem going either way on a trade. I think there is a big difference from the regular season where it’s run and gun to the playoffs where their defensive game got exposed.
Did you watch the same series that I did? They were down 3-1 in the series and came back to a game 7 where they were leading in the 3rd. Matthews only had the use of one of his shoulders and Nylander was skating on one ankle. Freddy had a terrible start to the series and the team wasn't ready to start playoff hockey. It took them awhile to get it going. This wasn't about "exposing" the D. Pretty damn tight series.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Toronto has done far less than we have the last two seasons, and with a supposedly better players they couldn't get past the 1st round the past two years. Maybe Toronto can't win until they change things.

Or, the team who relies heavily on their defense would rather just keep their 24 year old top pairing D to have for now and for the future while we wait for our own forward prospects to come up, instead of trading them for a winger who puts up less points than our own young winger.

No one likes your proposal, just accept it, stop getting butt hurt and telling Ducks fans they have to do the deal because otherwise they'll suck.

This are funny to read, the core of the Leafs just came off their second season... would you trade rosters with us, I dare you to be honest, you don't have to though it is rhetorical question. The posturing is adorbs though.

I told you this in every post, it's cool if you want to pass on the proposal, like I said, Anaheim has a good deep blueline they could afford a move to bring in a high end young forward.

I'm happy to defend my proposal, I'd prefer some actual hockey talk about each player. I'm not taking a popularity poll between the two talents which is the tier of discourse you offer.

I get that you like your own player. He's top pairing great, he's not a true number 1.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
They were in the WCF 2 years ago(and 2 of the last 4) , and last year they made the playoff despite having the highest man games missed of any team.... if anything the teams pattern over the last 4 years is good, bad, good, bad... and even in the bad seasons they were still a playoff team.

The biggest problem in Anaheim is RC, he got massively out coached last year vs san jose and shocked he managed to keep his job
I thought their biggest problem is that their top two centers are over the hill and Corey Perry is busted so I offered a young forward in a soft proposal online.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad