Proposal: Nylander for Lindholm

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Might be fair trade. Just think the Leafs would trade Nylander for a greater need like RHD if possible.
I would actually prefer that the Leaf signed Ryan Ellis as a UFA next summer and then trade Nylander for cheap ELCs or picks

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
The stigma is that top pairing D >>> any player not a legit 1C, and Nylander is not a legit 1C until he actually plays Center at the NHL level.

I’m curious - if team needs were different (as in the Ducks/Leafs forward corps were swapped), how many Toronto fans would swap Reilly for Nylander.
Why is everyone so bloody confrontational on this site lately? What did i actually say that was wrong? All i said was that with what the Oilers paid to get Larsson (Hall), they wouldn't deal him for lesser value.....and that IMO, his value is less. Do you think Larsson has the value to land a legit 1C?

I mean Jesus, i already said in this thread that the Ducks shouldn't deal Lindholm...the kid is great.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Why is everyone so bloody confrontational on this site lately? What did i actually say that was wrong? All i said was that with what the Oilers paid to get Larsson (Hall), they wouldn't deal him for lesser value.....and that IMO, his value is less. Do you think Larsson has the value to land a legit 1C?

I mean Jesus, i already said in this thread that the Ducks shouldn't deal Lindholm...the kid is great.

Not even remotely. I was pointing out that wings don’t carry nearly the value that defensemen due. My comment was just responding to that situation not being a “stigma” for Larsson. If anything, it’s a stigma on Hall.

The question was more in general to point that out, not directed at you, sorry.

Reactions: Liferleafer

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Not even remotely. I was pointing out that wings don’t carry nearly the value that defensemen due. My comment was just responding to that situation not being a “stigma” for Larsson. If anything, it’s a stigma on Hall.

The question was more in general to point that out, not directed at you, sorry.

No worries...just seems that even if i make a general comment on here lately people are jumping down my throat assuming i am slagging a player. Just seems real testy in here....

And i agree with with you, D/C hold way more value positionally over W. But, there are instances in which a talented winger would hold more value depending on the player in question. Also have to take into account things like age/contract.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Maybe but anaheims defense was questionable when lindholm got there and he still put up great numbers literally every year.

When torontos offense was bad, riellys #s were bad.. its not a coincidence his #s jumped up matthews, nylander and marner emerged.

Maybe he is, i dont watch toronto a lot but his career up till this past season show different
He was also 20 and 21 during those years. Progressing in your career is normal.

imjustzach

May 9, 2018
No worries...just seems that even if i make a general comment on here lately people are jumping down my throat assuming i am slagging a player. Just seems real testy in here....

And i agree with with you, D/C hold way more value positionally over W. But, there are instances in which a talented winger would hold more value depending on the player in question. Also have to take into account things like age/contract.

It's okay. Lots of people just can't deal with things they disagree with or that aren't tilted in their favor. It's hard to have a civil discussion without at least one or two fans jumping down your throat with their homer goggles on.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I’m starting to think Nylander and Kapanen must not be very good.

Leaf fans sure want to jettison them off the roster quite often

You wanna see some Leivo + Carrick for top pair D proposals instead? I'm sure there's some masterminds cooking a few more of those up as we speak

imjustzach

May 9, 2018
Unfortunetly that was the package offered for vatanen often

With how much the ANA and TOR fanbase seems to disagree on here, I'm glad our GMs are able to put together mutually beneficial trades. The Andersen trade seems to have served TOR quite well so far and some of the picks we've gotten from TOR have turned into pieces of our young core.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad