Proposal: Nylander for Bertuzzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
These Threads are always problematic due to it devolving into "My Player is better than your player" ...

Insults towards every player on both teams are thrown.

Lets just say this. As a Red Wings fan, I like Bertuzzi. I probably wouldn't want to trade him.
Nylander is the better and more valuable player.

I just don't think there is much interest here on EITHER team moving these players.

So unrealistic trade proposal because I think Toronto already addressed their major need (Defense) in Brodie.
I can't think of a good reason for them to want Bertuzzi at this price.

Reactions: Oddbob

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Since when is Nylander a centre
thats his natural position, but, he is not playing ahead of Mathews/Tavares and is wasted on the 3rd line paired with fillers, though he did C the 3rd line a few times last year, and 2nd C when they stacked Tavares-Mathews-Marner.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
thats his natural position, but, he is not playing ahead of Mathews/Tavares and is wasted on the 3rd line paired with fillers, though he did C the 3rd line a few times last year, and 2nd C when they stacked Tavares-Mathews-Marner.
Ya but if I haven't lost my marbles he was usually playing wing with Matthews until this year.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He has played C and in the looks he's had at center he was easily better than Larkin.
Yeah? Have any shred of evidence to go with this? Also playing like 10 games over 4 years at C doesn't make you a C?

*Easily* better than Larkin despite never reaching Larkin's career high while being worse defensively, playing the vast majority of his career at an easier position AND playing with vastly better hockey players on an offensive team. Interesting theory big guy!

Last edited:

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
He has played C and in the looks he's had at center he was easily better than Larkin.
Oh stop it. "Looks." How many games at centre? A minuscule amount compared to the games he played on Matthews or Tavares' wing.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Its mind boggling that people (Toronto fans) still don't understand Nylander isn't the type of player you win with in the playoffs. The point is to win the cup isnt it?.

I take my chances with Bertuzzi over Nylander in the playoffs.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
So I guess that would have meant Kapanen and Johnsson and Hyman and Mikheyev would be 70 point players too..
Oh wait.

What a crock of shit.
Man. This is nonsensical. Take it to the Justin Holl coming out party thread and congratulate your friends there.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Its mind boggling that people (Toronto fans) still don't understand Nylander isn't the type of player you win with in the playoffs. The point is to win the cup isnt it?.

I take my chances with Bertuzzi over Nylander in the playoffs.

Nope. Better regular season player collecting easy points here and there on inflated high-scoring games...

...must be better playoff performer!

Must be.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Larkin is a natural center, and Nylander isn't so let's put that stupidity to bed.

Nylander is better than Bertuzzi though so I wouldn't want to do this trade. I think Bertuzzi is a good firey player , but the trade value makes no sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad