Proposal: Nylander for Bertuzzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Bertuzzi + (something decent) for Nylander
That would be more reasonable. Add is probably a first with protection (can haggle over what). That evens out the value more.

That said, why would the Leafs trade Nylander for Bertuzzi in the first place? The team has plenty of good wingers (yes, Nylander is a winger, I know he can play Centre in a pinch but his main position at this point is clearly on the wing), what they need is a top-4 D. Rielly, Muzzin and Brodie are fine but #4 right now is who? Holl?. That is Toronto's area to address on their roster. So unless Detroit is shopping someone like that then Leafs are unlikely to part with a valubale young piece like Nylander for another lesser player like Bertuzzi who doesn't fix their area of need.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
That would be more reasonable. Add is probably a first with protection (can haggle over what). That evens out the value more.

That said, why would the Leafs trade Nylander for Bertuzzi in the first place? The team has plenty of good wingers (yes, Nylander is a winger, I know he can play Centre in a pinch but his main position at this point is clearly on the wing), what they need is a top-4 D. Rielly, Muzzin and Brodie are fine but #4 right now is who? Holl?. That is Toronto's area to address on their roster. So unless Detroit is shopping someone like that then Leafs are unlikely to part with a valubale young piece like Nylander for another lesser player like Bertuzzi who doesn't fix their area of need.

A 1st round pick is not the difference between Nylander and Bertuzzi lol. Not a 1st in the range Detroit will be getting, certainly.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
If the arbitrator's ruling gives Bertuzzi the two year deal will he be an RFA afterwards?

The90

Feb 27, 2017
1. So much more to hockey than what was tracked here.

2. 176 minutes tracked? So like 10 games? What a massive sample...
I mean it’s hard to argue with raw data, but here we are lol you found a way

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I mean it’s hard to argue with raw data, but here we are lol you found a way
Raw data that tracked shots/zone entries/exits (and that's it) over a 10 game sample size and you think that clearly shows whos the better hockey player? Ive got a bridge to sell you then

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Why are Leafs fans being made fun of when this proposal is absolute garbage? I like Bertuzzi but I'm certainly not trading Nylander for him. Especially not after the season Nylander just had with Keefe.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Raw data that tracked shots/zone entries/exits (and that's it) over a 10 game sample size and you think that clearly shows whos the better hockey player? Ive got a bridge to sell you then
Shows that he’s clearly superior in at least one area of the game, yes. What type of bridge we talking?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Why are Leafs fans being made fun of when this proposal is absolute garbage? I like Bertuzzi but I'm certainly not trading Nylander for him. Especially not after the season Nylander just had with Keefe.
Nylander is the better player no doubt. Leaf fans are being made fun of because they've made statements like "Nylander is easily better than Larkin", "Bertuzzi + Larkin for Nylander", "Bertuzzi + Unprotected 1st for Nylander"

At least the OP was a semblance of close... These are just lunacy.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Shows that he’s clearly superior in at least one area of the game, yes. What type of bridge we talking?
One very small area of the game, over a TEN game sample on two very different types of teams. Im sure I can find a ten game sample somehere to show how awful of a player Nylander is.

CujosMask

Nov 24, 2017
Dubas is my GM, but I probably wouln't ever do a 1 for 1 with Stevie Y, you know he's going to burn you.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Sorry you're delusional, Larkin and Bertuzzi are vast overpay for Nylander. Larkin alone has 45 more career points then Nylander and Nylander is on a far superior team.

I think Larkin is the better player but if you are going by points/PPG then Nylander has a slight lead there.
Also Larkin gets 1st line minutes and 1st line PP. If I am not mistaken Nylander gets 2nd line minutes and 2PP. So the better team issue balances out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad