Proposal: Nylander for Bertuzzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I'd rather a team of Bertuzzis than a team of Nylanders.

Then again, Nylander is not quite replaceable easily. He had 30g last year?

So typical who do you take question, the soft 30g scorer who's going to produce better offensively or the 20g scorer who's going to get the rest of what you need to win done.

I think Toronto would benefit a lot from Bertuzzi but not at the expense of a 30 goal scorer.

If a contract needs to go, I wouldn't make it Nylanders.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I like Bertuzzi’s game but I think this is a clear win for Detroit. They are lacking high end proven talent and Nylander ticks that box.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Nylander is better than Larkin and would be #1C over him.

giphy.gif

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Nylander’s numbers would likely drop if he was traded to Detroit - just as Bertuzzi’s would increase if he became a Maple Leaf.

Value favors Detroit but this ain't a trade they should be doing.

Larkin/Nylander isn't a contending center duo. On top of that Nylander seems better suited as a winger and has spent the majority of his NHL career there. Detroit trading away a gritty winger for one with skill when they already have Zadina, Fabbri, and soon Raymond seems dumb.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Value favors Detroit but this ain't a trade they should be doing.

Larkin/Nylander ain't a contending center duo. On top of that Nylander seems better suited as a winger and has spent the majority of his NHL career there. Detroit trading away a gritty winger for one with skill when they already have Zadina, Fabbri, and soon Raymond seems dumb.
And besides - who wants that blonde haired pretty boy when you can have a guy with the face that resembles a dirty 18 wheeler mud flap...lil’Bert belongs in Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad