Proposal: Nylander for Bertuzzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
maybe nylanders worth more on the trade market . but maybe bertuzzi would be of more help to the leafs ! he is constantly making unstatable positive plays for his team to maintain or attain possesion . and also making lots of plays which prevent opponant chances . ands very crafty around the net while wading into traffic and becoming a dangerous presence . it doesnt add up to alot of points on the currently weak red wings . but tuzzi on a line with two of the leafs top guns becomes very dangerous . btw theres no way i want to trade 2z as hes a scrappy old fashioned hockey player that competes hard ands good in the clutch , a leader by example

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
"those 4 plugs" are closer to Bertuzzi than Bertuzzi is to Nylander or Larkin.

If leafs fans had proposed Kappy for Larkin in the offseason, detroit fans would have shit a brick but in this thread they are trying to justify the same type of trade.
I said nothing about Bertuzzi...

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

If leafs fans had proposed Kappy for Larkin in the offseason, detroit fans would have shit a brick but in this thread they are trying to justify the same type of trade.
Kapanen career high playing with elite players: 44pts in 78 games

Bertuzzi career high playing with non-elite players on offensively challenged teams and offering a whole lot more to the game: 48pts in 71 games

One is a much better player than the other. Nylander is the better player than Bert but it isnt as far off as Leaf fans like to believe

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

Uhh... Larkin > Nylander > Bertuzzi >>> Kapanen.

So yeah, Nylander for Bertuzzi, while I agree is not good value for Toronto, is way closer than Larkin for Kapanen.

Reactions: The Sweetness

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Kapanen career high playing with elite players: 44pts in 78 games

Bertuzzi career high playing with non-elite players on offensively challenged teams and offering a whole lot more to the game: 48pts in 71 games

One is a much better player than the other. Nylander is the better player than Bert but it isnt as far off as Leaf fans like to believe
I didnt say Kappy was better or even as good as Bert, I said they are closer to Bert than Bert is to Larkin and Nylander.

Uhh... Larkin > Nylander > Bertuzzi >>> Kapanen.

So yeah, Nylander for Bertuzzi, while I agree is not good value for Toronto, is way closer than Larkin for Kapanen.

Would you ever try to justify trading Bertuzzi for Larkin?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I didnt say Kappy was better or even as good as Bert, I said they are closer to Bert than Bert is to Larkin and Nylander.

Would you ever try to justify trading Bertuzzi for Larkin?

I wouldn't pretend that trading Bertuzzi for Larkin was the same as trading Larkin for Athanasiou...

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I wouldn't pretend that trading Bertuzzi for Larkin was the same as trading Larkin for Athanasiou...
Athanansiou is proven to have much less value than Kapanen, so your analogy isnt going to be of any use.

Bertuzzi for Nylander is likely a closer trade than Larkin for Kappy but thats not the point. The point was that pretending Bertuzzi is worth Nylander and then calling the 4 leafs (or former leafs) players "plugs" is stupid and Detroit fans would think the exact same if Leafs fans were to do the same about their players.

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Athanansiou is proven to have much less value than Kapanen, so your analogy isnt going to be of any use.

Bertuzzi for Nylander is likely a closer trade than Larkin for Kappy but thats not the point. The point was that pretending Bertuzzi is worth Nylander and then calling the 4 leafs (or former leafs) players "plugs" is stupid and Detroit fans would think the exact same if Leafs fans were to do the same about their players.

Kapanen is also better than Bertuzzi. Kap has breakaway speed, forechecks, PKs and can play on all 4 lines.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Nylander is NOT an NHL caliber centre.

His contract is good value and I would LOVE to have Bertuzzi on the Maple Leafs he is exactly what we need.

Detroit needs to add for this not real trade proposal to happen.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Why are Leafs fans being made fun of when this proposal is absolute garbage? I like Bertuzzi but I'm certainly not trading Nylander for him. Especially not after the season Nylander just had with Keefe.

This forum is known around the hockey forum world as the Anti-Maple Leaf hockey forum.

It's getting more than annoying.

"Geniuses" like to poke the bear and say some made up stupid crap about TML and then they pretend that it's not okay for Maple Leaf fans to defend themselves. To be fair there are a lot of idiot fans within every single fan base.

It's bush league.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Maybe you don't get the point here. Detroit is a bottom 3 team. Nylander is not worth a top 3 pick.

Now you know.

You would think that a Red Wings fan of all fans, would understand that placing in the bottom three, yields a lower probability of obtaining a top three pick, than getting one. You would think that a fan of a team that isn’t likely to do so well next year, would understand it’s a pretty weak draft.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
You would think that a Red Wings fan of all fans, would understand that placing in the bottom three, yields a lower probability of obtaining a top three pick, than getting one. You would think that a fan of a team that isn’t likely to do so well next year, would understand it’s a pretty weak draft.
You would think, but you would be assuming that logic was available to all posters.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Interesting that Larkin has the two highest point totals of the two of them despute being on a much much worse team if Nylander is such a clearly better player? Hel
I used 2018-19 for Larkin cuz 19-20 was a bad yr and 19-20 for Nylander. If you go look at ice time, the per 60 stats, give aways/takeaways, oz start % etc they kinda lean Nylander's way.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

I'll take Power, Johnson, or Raty over Nylander.

Move along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad