Nylander Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
He's so so so good in a puck possession focused system.

It honestly seemed like the Matthews line was succeeding in spite of Babcock this season, when every other line fell off a cliff. Even then, they look absolutely unlocked since Keefe and Will seems to finally be playing to his potential and I'm 100% here for it.

12th in the league in 5v5 points. stud.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
He's stepped up big in Marner's absence. Before last game, he had something like a 45 goal, 90 point pace since Marner went down.

On a side note, Berkshire just had the Matthews line as one of the six best lines in the league this season.

"Before last game".... Why are you not taking into account last game?

But you're right, I've been happy with Nylander the past few weeks. Lets hope he can bring it consistently.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Because I didn't feel like recalculating when it didn't really change the point?

It seems rather dishonest, but carry on.

Also, prior to last game, he had 8 points in 8 games, hardly a 90 point pace. This means, he has played at a 73 point pace with Marner out (last 9 games).

Last edited:

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Why is it dishonest when he clearly put a caveat on his post? You're splitting hairs here

1) Because it can be perceived as trying to make the production look better than what it is. The pace went down 9 points based off of last night's game. A simple phenomenal due to sample size! ;) Edit: Had Nylander went on to score 2+ points last night, do you think he'd be doing the same "minus last game" routine?

2) Because it wasn't a 90 point pace. It was an 82 point pace (when not accounting for last night's game).

He was saying Nylander was producing on a 90 point pace (minus last game), when it is truly a 73 point pace.... A 17 point difference is quite deceiving!!

But again, I agreed with his premise... Nylander has played well the past couple of weeks.

Reactions: Notsince67

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
1) Because it can be perceived as trying to make the production look better than what it is. The pace went down 9 points based off of last night's game. A simple phenomenal due to sample size! ;) Edit: Had Nylander went on to score 2+ points last night, do you think he'd be doing the same "minus last game" routine?

2) Because it wasn't a 90 point pace. It was an 82 point pace (when not accounting for last night's game).

He was saying Nylander was producing on a 90 point pace (minus last game), when it is truly a 73 point pace.... A 17 point difference is quite deceiving!!

But again, I agreed with his premise... Nylander has played well the past couple of weeks.
Including the Philadelphia game itself, Nylander scored 10 points in 9 games. That's about 91 points over a full season. If you agree with his overall point, why do you need to call him dishonest and deceptive? First of all, it's not. Second of all, that's probably why he called you the king of nitpicking

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Including the Philadelphia game itself, Nylander scored 10 points in 9 games. That's about 91 points over a full season. If you agree with his overall point, why do you need to call him dishonest and deceptive? First of all, it's not. Second of all, that's probably why he called you the king of nitpicking

Thanks for the explanation... I didn't understand where the 90 point figure came from.

But that wasn't the sample that was mentioned, the sample wasn't "since Marner was out plus Marner's last game, minus Nylander's last game..." ;)

I didn't call anybody dishonest or deceptive, I said the statement was... or at least could be perceived that way... I was asking why he ignored last game... he gave an answer (plus flamed, but whatever)... There is a big difference between 90 point pace (minus one game) while it was actually 73 point pace...

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Thanks for the explanation... I didn't understand where the 90 point figure came from.

But that wasn't the sample that was mentioned, the sample wasn't "since Marner was out plus Marner's last game, minus Nylander's last game..." ;)

I didn't call anybody dishonest or deceptive, I said the statement was... or at least could be perceived that way... I was asking why he ignored last game... he gave an answer (plus flamed, but whatever)... There is a big difference between 90 point pace (minus one game) while it was actually 73 point pace...
Marner Babcock you support to no end
Matthews Nylander you look for every flaw

Reactions: Diddy

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
He's stepped up big in Marner's absence. Before last game, he had something like a 45 goal, 90 point pace since Marner went down.

On a side note, Berkshire just had the Matthews line as one of the six best lines in the league this season.

"Before last game".... Why are you not taking into account last game?

But you're right, I've been happy with Nylander the past few weeks. Lets hope he can bring it consistently.

Because I didn't feel like recalculating when it didn't really change the point?

You've become the king of nitpicking on these boards.

Is 1 game worth of data really that hard to recalculate? Especially when dealing with a 9 game sample?

If you dont want to include last night, nylander had 8 points in 8 games for an 82 point pace. Not really 90 but I guess it's close.

Including last nights it falls to 72.

Nylander has been playing well. I dont see the need to manufacture numbers in order to support your position.

And calling someone the "king of nitpicking" is rather hilarious tbh.

Reactions: coupe93 and MyBudJT

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Is 1 game worth of data really that hard to recalculate? Especially when dealing with a 9 game sample?

If you dont want to include last night, nylander had 8 points in 8 games for an 82 point pace. Not really 90 but I guess it's close.

Nylander has been playing well. I dont see the need to manufacture numbers in order to support your position.

Apparently asking a question is being nitpicky...

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Spot on.

Thank you!

Anyway, like CLWM pointed out above, I'm not manufacturing numbers. When I said 'since Marner went down', I meant from that game on. And no, it's not hard to recalculate. It's also pretty irrelevant to my point. I wasn't hiding anything. Nobody could possible misunderstand what I said. Yet here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad