Nylander Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
He's not going to get the same amount of points as the other big guns because there isnt room on the powerplay for him at the moment (or at least when marner is healthy) but if he keeps up his 5 on 5 production we should all be really happy. That said for whatever reason our power play blows right now so who knows what will happen

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Well aside from $600 seats to watch them play 10 to 30 mins a night.

upload_2019-11-15_11-47-37.jpeg

Hockey Talker29

Oct 10, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
He's not going to get the same amount of points as the other big guns because there isnt room on the powerplay for him at the moment (or at least when marner is healthy) but if he keeps up his 5 on 5 production we should all be really happy. That said for whatever reason our power play blows right now so who knows what will happen

I'm expecting the PP to get better this month. Marner has been the biggest issue with it thus far, and Nylander is a better fit for the strategy that they want to employ.

2 for 7 so far.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
big fan of this pic eh? thats twice today alone.

not saying i have issue with it its a classic just noticed at least twice now
I'm just trying to be creative with my responses in the absence of my like button. I guess I better stop............

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I'm just trying to be creative with my responses in the absence of my like button. I guess I better stop............

no no keep it up, i didnt realize youd lost a like button.

Side note what kind of punishment is stopping people liking things?

"oh thats it we've had it up to here with your posts you leave us with no more choice you cant like other posts for a while. But feel free to keep posting though"

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

"oh thats it we've had it up to here with your posts you leave us with no more choice you cant like other posts for a while. But feel free to keep posting though"
I'm committed to being a better widget going forward.

Reactions: Walshy7

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Because as we all know, 66-point players are completely untouchable..

That's not the point dude. The point we've been drilling across since last year is that Nylander had a very cold start when he returned last season. People found everything and anything to nitpick him.

I'm calling out the people that called him a 50-point one-dimensional player multiple times, which made zero sense. All underlying stats indicated in a huge-rebound year, which many people denied would happen. Since Jan 1st 2019, William Nylander is 2nd on the team in 5v5 points and is top-2 for majority of the possession-stats category. Heck, he's on pace for 33 goals.

Trade him now if needed, but there's still more to come. His on-ice sh% suggest his numbers are sustainable, but his PP totals will go up. That's 50-60 points at 5v5, and hopefully 20 points on the PP for a total of 70 - 80 points hopefully. I really doubt it makes any sense to trade away a 6.9M player who's sustainably likely to produce 30+ goals and 70+ points while arguably being the best possession player on the team. It's not guaranteed obviously but if he finishes the season like that, there's no way you trade that player with a great contract unless something amazing comes along.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018

I lost mine for calling someone "smug".

Makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad