Nylander Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Nylander was fine tonight, played good enough where there is nothing to crap about. He has been great the past half dozen games or so. Hopefully with a new management team here next year he can work his way to be one of the guys kept around
He was great half the game, the other half he looked very disinterested. Had a few great plays that were evened out by that turnover at the blue line (though there should have been a penalty there anyway.)

Just saying hes gone before Babcock
I can virtually guarantee that's not the case.

1) He's been one of our better players lately.
2) They view him as a core player, and coach always goes before a core piece.
3) Every report says that management has no intention of trading him anyway.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
He was great half the game, the other half he looked very disinterested. Had a few great plays that were evened out by that turnover at the blue line (though there should have been a penalty there anyway.)

I can virtually guarantee that's not the case.

1) He's been one of our better players lately.
2) They view him as a core player, and coach always goes before a core piece.
3) Every report says that management has no intention of trading him anyway.
I had no issue with the Nylander turnover, good players who touch the puck a lot will do that, it was the backcheck after. The rule is when you turn the puck over you are the hardest guy back. That’s it. But overall no issue with the line. The D on the other hand...

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I had no issue with the Nylander turnover, good players who touch the puck a lot will do that, it was the backcheck after. The rule is when you turn the puck over you are the hardest guy back. That’s it. But overall no issue with the line. The D on the other hand...
Good point. I wonder if he didn't think it was a penalty too. Not trying to absolve him here, but he looked surprised that the whistle didn't go when he lost it.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
well his upward projection on the graph leveled out last night, lets hope it continues to climb tonight.

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013

Yep. Ever watch the Penguins? Crosby is a turnover machine.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Not only has he been one of our best players but by far the best value forward on the team. You move Marner before Nylander I think. Guy is making like 4 million dollars less...
Well I cant see any team taking on marner
He would screw up almost all 29 teams salary structure unless he comes in and becomes the best player on your roster
Mathews would draw a sweepstakes type frenzy
But the leafs cant trade him since at this time is the only thing MSLE can offer the fans dishing out big money to watch this floundering group

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Well I cant see any team taking on marner
He would screw up almost all 29 teams salary structure unless he comes in and becomes the best player on your roster
Mathews would draw a sweepstakes type frenzy
But the leafs cant trade him since at this time is the only thing MSLE can offer the fans dishing out big money to watch this floundering group
Realistically I dont think any will be traded this season or even next season.

They will fire Babcock, give the next coach another run or two then think about blowing it up if the leafs still havent won a playoff round

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
5v5 (TOI) production in 2019
Nylander (946:31) 13G 22A 35P
MacKinnon (1066:07) 14G 21A 35P
Seguin (1037:20) 16G 19A 35P
Tavares (943:28) 17G 17A 34P
Eichel (985:34) 15G 19A 34P
Doesn't Nylander have 21 points and Tavares 16?

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
He's so so so good in a puck possession focused system.

It honestly seemed like the Matthews line was succeeding in spite of Babcock this season, when every other line fell off a cliff. Even then, they look absolutely unlocked since Keefe and Will seems to finally be playing to his potential and I'm 100% here for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad