Nylander Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
If he can finish the season with 70 points then his cap hit is worth it.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Gets paid more than Pastrnak who was drafted after him , that'll always leave a bitter taste in my mouth

Glad he's turning things around

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Gets paid more than Pastrnak who was drafted after him , that'll always leave a bitter taste in my mouth

Pastrnak pretty much is the second best contract in the league after MacKinnon. Keep comparing Pastrnak to Willie is not healthy. It is like comparing something you get on Black Friday sale compare to normal days.

Mar 26, 2010
has been worth his cap hit this year and then some. Makes the M+M over payments a little less painful
Completely agree, at almost half the cap hit. Good chance Willy hits 30 goals this season.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

If you’re going to make a habit comparing our players to the best contract in the league you will never have anything good to say.

Willy was great again tonight. You’d think people would learn not to trash a player for their contract after the first year but this thread shows we haven’t learned anything.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Ive had some harsh comments about Willy in the past. All based around his compete level. Under Keefe for 5 games he has been excellent, making plays, stripping pucks on the back check , skating hard with puck hunger has been the biggest thing. He can be a 80 point guy this year if he wants too. I haven't seen Nylander this engaged for 2-3 years for a 5 game stretch. Nylander just has to keep wanting it, he is an outstanding player when he plays this way.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
I wonder if fans from other teams constantly compare their star players to the absolute best contract in the league to dump on them too.

Pretty much every team in the league has a player that has a less favorable contract than Pastrnak. Pastrnak signed three years ago coming off a 70pt season with under a PPG. Pastrnak is not signing that contract if he was a UFA tomorrow.

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010

If his contract compares to Pastrnak leaves a bitter taste in your mouth, Marner's contract must make you puke.

No way in hell, is Marner worth more than 4M+ compare to Pastr.

If Willy continues this type of play's he has the most value out of anyone on the roster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad