Nylander Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Paul has a vested interest in ****ting all over the Nylander thread proclaiming his son being perceived as better. That's all.
Cue the next round of Nylander name calling and the subsequent tears followed by some random twitter post.

Seems both sides can't help themselves.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Paul has a vested interest in ****ting all over the Nylander thread proclaiming his son being perceived as better. That's all.
The Nylander side was always the more professional one. They didn't complain about the GM, or send fake threats about going to another league. While the other side couldn't keep their mouth shut and asking for outragious money, which sadly Dubas gave to him, and then Marner records a 'I love Toronto" video during the season. The player who was the professional has outplayed the other player. Wierd how that works eh.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Cue the next round of Nylander name calling and the subsequent tears followed by some random twitter post.

Seems both sides can't help themselves.
I'm on neither side. Trade 'em both, I don't care.

Sometimes it gets the point across better when people hear things in their own voice.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I for one don't have any issue with his contract. It's his play at times that I don't like.
so when he plays like a $7 mil player you got no issues, but when he plays below that level you don't like it?

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Good point. I got carried away. I should realize some posters will always be biased againat a player, and will attack their fans.
Seriously Nylanderitis? Really? As much as I criticize Mitch, I don't call him nicknames or go after his fans. It shows which guys are the reasonable ones.
I critique the player, thats all.
you need to read my posts more carefully, I said "Nylanderites" not nylanderitis, and the reference has nothing to do with the player, and everything to do with his cult of defenders who continually state hyper boil comments like: Nylander is perfect; makes no mistakes; hasn't played a bad game; better than Pasta; best player on the team.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Nylander was called a fraud, and that he only shows up when the game is out of reach.
Here are his stats when the game is close, among players who have played 10 games on the team.
CF/60: 67.79(2nd)
CA/60: 53.12(5th)
CF%: 56.07(1st)

SCF/60: 28.17(4th)
SCA/60: 23.18(2nd)

HDCF/60: 10.56(7th)
HDCA/60: 7.34(2nd)

Goals/60: 1.17(3rd)
Total Assists/60: 1.47(7th)
1st Assists/60: 0.88(5th)
Total Points/60: 2.64(3rd)

Takeaways/60: 2.35(3rd)
Giveaways/60: 0.29(2nd)

In otherwords, Dominant analytically and production wise.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Good thing there's a couple of guys willing to engage to make it a 4-man board battle. Without them, there's no easy outlet for Nylander to scoop up.

You'd have a point if he never joined in if it made sense to.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
so when he plays like a $7 mil player you got no issues, but when he plays below that level you don't like it?
I like when he plays well, I don't like when he plays timid and disinterested.
I would feel the same regardless of his salary.

I'm on neither side. Trade 'em both, I don't care.

Sometimes it gets the point across better when people hear things in their own voice.

Whatever works for you.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I like when he plays well, I don't like when he plays timid and disinterested.
I would feel the same regardless of his salary
I feel the same regarding his play, as for what he's paid...........in a cap world I care, if there was no cap it wouldn't bother me in the least.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I feel the same regarding his play, as for what he's paid...........in a cap world I care, if there was no cap it wouldn't bother me in the least.
IMO, players can be criticized for their play.
The GM is to be criticized for the players performance versus their salary.

Reactions: Svanstrom

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
true that, I've been as hard or harder on Dubas as I've been on Nylander, probably why many take issue with my opinions?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
true that, I've been as hard or harder on Dubas as I've been on Nylander, probably why many take issue with my opinions?
I've given up wishing Nylander was a different player than he is and try to appreciate him for what he does bring.
What is unacceptable is the flybys and the shying away from potential contact.
He's been better lately for sure.

Reactions: Svanstrom

kb

Aug 28, 2009

Disagree. The player performance is still 100% on the player. The moment the player signs the contract, it's up to the player to perform to the level that they think their salary demands warranted. They think they are worth X dollars? Then play like it.

Reactions: stickty111

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
you need to read my posts more carefully, I said "Nylanderites" not nylanderitis, and the reference has nothing to do with the player, and everything to do with his cult of defenders who continually state hyper boil comments like: Nylander is perfect; makes no mistakes; hasn't played a bad game; better than Pasta; best player on the team.

Please find me 1 (one) person saying that Nylander is perfect and makes no mistakes. Should be easy since people are "continually" saying this.

Or is it you with the hyperbole about things that never happened?

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I don't understand why we need to go full twilight, and be Team Mitch or Team Willy. Both players are awesome, Nylander had a shit year last year but looks lightyears better this year, Marner had an absolute stellar year last year and hadn't looked like himself this year. Why we need to belittle one, and prop the other up is beyond me.

we should all just hold hands, and sing kumbaya.

#teamleafs

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I don't understand why we need to go full twilight, and be Team Mitch or Team Willy. Both players are awesome, Nylander had a **** year last year but looks lightyears better this year, Marner had an absolute stellar year last year and hadn't looked like himself this year. Why we need to belittle one, and prop the other up is beyond me.

we should all just hold hands, and sing kumbaya.

#teamleafs
Sadly, that will never be the case. It should be, but it will never be.

Reactions: stickty111

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

I've never had Nylanderitis but I did once have a hyperboil. University.....crazy times.

LOL

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Sadly, that will never be the case. It should be, but it will never be.
when we win the cup I think this place will have a brief moment of tranquility.

...very brief... then they'll be back at eachother throats about backup goaltenders or something like that.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
He's been good, his line is performing, he's driving play and his contract is starting to look like solid value for money
What's not to like?

With Marner going down he's going to have even more asked of him, let's just hope he continues on with his current form

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
it's so active because the Nylanderites are saying Nylander hasn't played a bad game yet this year which is impossible for the rest of the posters in here to not refute, then the "he said she said" debate ramps up.

Fact: Nylander has had bad games this year, but he's also played two great games in a row, lets hope he continues to impress, and if he does have a bad game, admit it and move on.

Speaking of "he said she said", I don't recall anyone saying Nylander hasn't played a bad game :laugh: He's played at least 2 to 4 bad games this season. I think a lot of fans here just think he was unfairly criticized due to his slow, bad first 30ish games. He's been great the past 50ish games, except for a few games (maybe around 5-10 of them I disliked). That's reflected by his strong 5v5 point totals and strong possession game during that time.

I think the difference is: Some folks think he's invisible when he doesn't put up points. That's not true at all, because a strong possession game (including strong zone entries/exits) is still a major positive.

"Coincidentally", there is a strong correlation between the people that think possession, zone entries, etc are overrated and the people that think Nylander is useless when not producing.

We saw the same thing with Kadri and Gardiner their whole career (except for last year where they were both terrible). Again "Coincidentally", the same folks that defended Kadri and Gardiner over their time here, are the same folks defending Nylander.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014

That's the thing though, you won't find a single post in here that has said any of the bolded.

Even the last statement no-one's said, they've said he's been arguably their best forward this season (Which IMO is wrong because it's been Matthews, but yeah).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad