Confirmed with Link: [NYI/MIN] Cal Clutterbuck + 2013 3rd for Nino Niederreiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
First, thanks Jarick for transcribing that - wasn't gonna listen, so, thanks for taking the time.

Anyone else feel this made up for the missing first rounder.

The Pominville deal does not hurt so much anymore. :D

This made the summer and the new picks are also nice.

We got Pominville, an NHL captain, and Nino, a good prospect. We gave up assets, but, still a nice haul.

IMO that more than made up for it. Niederreiter is closer to being an NHL player than anyone we could've picked in the first round.

Yep. So many of our better prospects are long term now, why add to that?

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
http://islanderspointblank.com/news/the-morning-skate-nino-niederreiters-agent-speaks-to-swiss-press

Well, I'm not a fan of his agent... Hopefully it doesn't turn into another Allan Walsh saga at some point.
Luckily, I think Chuck knows the deal in the cap era. If an agent and a player throw a fit, you deal them yesterday and move on. You will get plenty of value in return, and in someways its not a bad thing because it forces your hand.

Riser never realized that.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
"I'm grateful that Minnesota gave me my start in the league," Clutterbuck said Monday, one day after being sent with the No. 70 pick in the draft to the Islanders for 20-year-old winger Nino Niederreiter. "The fans there were great to me and my family. I had some great teammates -- made some friends I'll always have. It's kind of tough to leave."

"I put a lot in to trying to win there," Clutterbuck said. "But it's time to start a new chapter. I'm excited about it. I think it's a great opportunity for me to get better as a player. I'm happy."
Minnesota Wild: Cal Clutterbuck says, 'It's kind of tough to leave'

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
So apparently Clutterbuck didn't score a lot in Minnesota because we play the trap?

Just let the ignorance breed more ignorance. It's good for the lulz. And once we're actually a contender it will be nice to read through the threads of people freaking out over their team losing to a trap team.

Above all, it just exposes the HF users who act like they are some sorts of seasoned hockey connoisseurs. People outing themselves are good for the lulz.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
So apparently Clutterbuck didn't score a lot in Minnesota because we play the trap?
Don't worry about it. This happens every offseason. Vancouver fans said the same thing about Marc Chouinard, Demitra, and Park after they signed them. They predicted much better numbers from them, since they'd be in a new, open system. Dallas fans said the same thing when they got Parrish. Montreal said the same about Pouliot. The list is endless. It happens EVERY year with the fans when they pick up a former Wild player. And guess what....they end up very disappointed 99.9% of the time.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Don't worry about it. This happens every offseason. Vancouver fans said the same thing about Marc Chouinard, Demitra, and Park after they signed them. They predicted much better numbers from them, since they'd be in a new, open system. Dallas fans said the same thing when they got Parrish. Montreal said the same about Pouliot. The list is endless. It happens EVERY year with the fans when they pick up a former Wild player. And guess what....they end up very disappointed 99.9% of the time.

Pascal Dupuis!

Billy Mays Here*

Assuming Nino turns out, I'm curious to see what our forwards will look like in a few years. Koivu and Parise are locks, sound like Pommer wants to re-sign and Fletcher does too, which leaves 3 spots in our top 6 for four young guys, and again, that's also assuming Seto is gone. Coyle, Nino, Zucker and Granlund, which three will make it?

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Assuming Nino turns out, I'm curious to see what our forwards will look like in a few years. Koivu and Parise are locks, sound like Pommer wants to re-sign and Fletcher does too, which leaves 3 spots in our top 6 for four young guys, and again, that's also assuming Seto is gone. Coyle, Nino, Zucker and Granlund, which three will make it?

Roll 3 scoring lines, "problem" solved.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

IF Nino hits his potential, the one of those I'd miss the least, to be honest, is Granlund.

Is that heresy?

Islesfans1978*

Nino was one of my favorite players, I am totally shocked about this. :shakehead

He is a superb player that has TONS of upside.

Good luck........I am going to go punch something really hard now.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
IF Nino hits his potential, the one of those I'd miss the least, to be honest, is Granlund.

Is that heresy?

Granlund potentially is the most creative of the bunch...we've already seen flashes of this. I'd rather hold on to that creativity and dynamic potential, as that is very hard to find.

Non-issue though, the Wild will keep all four.

If Granlund and Nino both hit their potential, they're going to be linemates for a rather LONG time. ;)

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
Granlund isn't going anywhere for a long time unless they are able to package him for a proven impact center.

It would be nice to see Granlund or maybe Coyle emerge as our #2 center.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I've liked Granlund's attitude a lot this summer, based on what he has said. Basically he has said that he knows now what he needs to work on, what to improve to become an NHL regular etc.

I'm fairly excited to see if there's some chemistry with El Nino and FBJ.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Eventual line maybe?

Niederreiter - Granlund - Coyle

Would love the size surrounding Granlund!

Agreed.

Maybe Zucker could work too if Parise-Koivu-Coyle becomes some sort of awesome 1st line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad