Confirmed with Link: [NYI/MIN] Cal Clutterbuck + 2013 3rd for Nino Niederreiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
There are a few fans on the Isles board that seem to think they have a top 6 forward in Cal... :facepalm:

Mr_Burns_evil.gif

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
It seems like Niederreiter wanted an opportunity to prove himself and felt like he never got it last season, as opposed to feeling entitled to get an NHL spot (like many make it sound like). If that's an attitude problem, then I don't mind having a kid with attitude issues as a part of this organization.

And who knows, maybe Clutterbuck becomes a 30 goal scorer playing next to Tavares and Eamon McAdam becomes the next Marty Brodeur, while Nino ends up being a complete bust. Even then I'd feel like at the time it was the right trade to make.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Nino-MiG-Coyle. Ooh yeah. The twenty-ten line. That's almost too perfect. Make it happen.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Some great quotes from that thread:

"Despite keeping him down in Bridgeport, Isles value Nino high and they will be looking for much more if they're ever going to trade him. Probably the asking price will be so high that Fletcher won't even sacrifice a thought for it." :D

"Coyle + Larsson for Niederreiter." Isles fan :help: :p: :yo:

"Nino will be on the team next year, he'll be joined by some other good players." ---> That's right, on MN's team. :laugh:

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
we don't think he's a top 6 forward per-se, but we believe he will be playing top 6 minutes alongside tavares since they have history together. big diff

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
we don't think he's a top 6 forward per-se, but we believe he will be playing top 6 minutes alongside tavares since they have history together. big diff

I absolutely hope the Islanders are doing this when the Wild play them! Won't have to worry about the JT line maintaining offensive pressure then. ;)

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota

If Clutterbuck is put on the LW side of Tavares, with Grabner on the RW side... I would expect him Clutter to open up a lot of space for the other two. The opposing D are typically a lot more worried about getting smashed into the glass than anything else. If Clutterbuck causes the puck to be coughed up as he finishes his check, Grabner/Tavares should be able to pick it up and do something with it.

A line of Clutter-Nielsen-Okposo would be a mess. A line of Clutter-Tavares-Okposo may have some possibilities... But I like the speed of Grabner more than anything else in tandem with a Clutter-Tavares pairing.

:laugh:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
"Tavares feeds the puck to Clutterbuck...who whistles it JUST high and wide, off the glass and out, past the defenseman and Nino's got it on a breakaway!" :laugh:

Either that or... "Tavares feeds the puck up to Clutterbuck in the neutral zone, Clutterbuck enters the offensive zone on a two on one with Tavares, Clutterbuck sends a cross ice pass behind Tavares that is scooped up by Brodin who makes a quick up ice pass to Nino..." ;)

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
There are a few fans on the Isles board that seem to think they have a top 6 forward in Cal... :facepalm:

I don't think we think of Cal as a top 6 forward as much as the fact that he may end up playing with JT on the first line (which doesn't necessarily make him a top 6er). The Islanders love to pair up JT with a right handed shooting RWer. That and the fact that they have played together in the past made some fans jump the gun. There is still a ways to go, but I don't think we are under the perception that we are getting a 20/20/40 guy. We know he's a 10/10/20 guy playing on the third line.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I'm guessing cal will work well when the isles dump it down low,he rushes the defenseman and JT and the other wing scoop up the puck. Not sure if he'll work out on the top line but JT is magically good and if they just need someone to separate pucks from people so Tavares can stay in better scoring positions...koivu is no Tavares.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
If they can scheme around Cal actually ever having to do anything with the puck other than shoot it, they should be fine.

Remember, Cal beat out Boogaard for hardest shot at nearly a foot shorter. He's got a bomb of a shot. That wrist/snap shot of his is in the top five of anyone I've seen in person (Ovechkin is #1). Just...needs to get it on net.

rjmkrm

May 11, 2013

And more than a few Wild fans think they have an automatic Milan Lucic type top six forward..

If Nino was all that, he wouldn't have been available. period - much less than for a bottom 6 grinder like CC....

Phant03

Jan 18, 2013
And more than a few Wild fans think they have an automatic Milan Lucic type top six forward..

If Nino was all that, he wouldn't have been available. period - much less than for a bottom 6 grinder like CC....

I have not seen one single person say anything remotely like this, try again.:shakehead

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
"Could" doesn't mean "is"...also you were asking if it may be so.... so you're in the clear. ;)

Awww thanks <3 I mean I know there is a huge chance that Nino busts but there is also a huge chance he could be a great power forward.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Awww thanks <3 I mean I know there is a huge chance that Nino busts but there is also a huge chance he could be a great power forward.

That's why it's a good trade for Minnesota....you don't usually get prospects with that kind of ceiling when trading role players.

The Isles mismanagement is the Wild's potential gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad