Confirmed with Link: [NYI/MIN] Cal Clutterbuck + 2013 3rd for Nino Niederreiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
If Nino and Granlund get some playing time together next season. Which they definetly should. I am intrested to see what will come out of it. And I am confident Pominville will give us a 50-65pt season.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
This deal is way better than deal Clutterbuck for a Dman who is just going to get ripped apart by Wild fans for when we lose a bunch of games by 1 or 2 goals.

Nino gives us another bluechip offensive prospect, and one that should score goals in the NHL one day.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This deal is way better than deal Clutterbuck for a Dman who is just going to get ripped apart by Wild fans for when we lose a bunch of games by 1 or 2 goals.

Nino gives us another bluechip offensive prospect, and one that should score goals in the NHL one day.

Which is also why they drafted so many more defensive prospects. With so many young potential bluechippers on offense, it's almost like they plan to succeed on finding defensive prospects through sheer numbers. They can't ALL bust, can they? :laugh:

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Which is also why they drafted so many more defensive prospects. With so many young potential bluechippers on offense, it's almost like they plan to succeed on finding defensive prospects through sheer numbers. They can't ALL bust, can they? :laugh:

Reminds me of the strategy the Green Bay Packers had when the Vikings had Randy Moss, Cris Carter and Jake Reed......For one or two drafts, they LOADED up on corners and safeties, with the expectation that a few of them will eventually turn out to be very good.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Looking at Niederreiter highlights...one thing this kid has is a very quick release....you can't teach that! He's absolutely got a goal scorer's release!

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Funny thing is that he's working on getting the shot off quicker...

His pre-draft scouting report said he was a very good skater but there's a lot of reports his skating hasn't been good (granted by spurred Isles fans). I wonder if he's struggling to mentally adjust to the game, which would make him more hesitant and appear slower (like Granlund this year).

Phant03

Jan 18, 2013
Funny thing is that he's working on getting the shot off quicker...

His pre-draft scouting report said he was a very good skater but there's a lot of reports his skating hasn't been good (granted by spurred Isles fans). I wonder if he's struggling to mentally adjust to the game, which would make him more hesitant and appear slower (like Granlund this year).

It'd be hard to say since he didn't get any NHL time this past season. He did fine in the A but then again so did Granlund.

PariseSuterKoivu

Jul 9, 2012
Nino is an immense talent, but he needs to work harder in all aspects. He needs a guy like Parise or Mikko to take him under their wing and show him what kind of work and commitment it takes to play at the NHL level. From conditioning to defensive play and effort in general.

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
would love to see those lines.

I really think Zucker should be with Koivu and Parise.

and the thought of a future line of Coyle / Granlund / Nino sounds very appealing.

It would be nice to have the cash to get a #2 center this year but it won't happen. Cullen is gone and we can't about Ribeiro, and we can't give out a deal for more than 2 years on these older centers with all of our youth. Tough spot Feltcher is in, will be interesting to see what he does

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
would love to see those lines.

I really think Zucker should be with Koivu and Parise.

and the thought of a future line of Coyle / Granlund / Nino sounds very appealing.

It would be nice to have the cash to get a #2 center this year but it won't happen. Cullen is gone and we can't about Ribeiro, and we can't give out a deal for more than 2 years on these older centers with all of our youth. Tough spot Feltcher is in, will be interesting to see what he does

Where would you fit in Pominville?

Handlanger

Mar 28, 2008
Looking at Niederreiter highlights...one thing this kid has is a very quick release....you can't teach that! He's absolutely got a goal scorer's release!

Well seen. His release is indeed outstanding.
He's also quiet gritty. I watched a lot of him, both on the AHL and WC, and this guy does not seem to be afraid of anyone. He was consistently chirping at his opponents.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
If we re-sign Cullen, Zucker-Cullen-Nino?

Third line can be Heatley - Coyle - Setoguchi so..

Parise - Koivu - Jason
Zucker - Cullen - Nino
Heater - Coyle - Seto
Veilleux - Konopka - Mitchell
/Rupp

or trade Seto and bring in Granlund, so Heater - Granlund <-> Coyle

Cullen can help mentor Nino

PariseSuterKoivu

Jul 9, 2012
Would like Cullen back, but I don't see it happening. I'm 50-50 on whether Granlund can handle #2 center duties, but I do like his chances better playing with some combination of Coyle, Zucker and Nino on his wings. Personally, I'd try the Zucker-Granlund-Nino combo first as they seems to have complimentary skills and Nino has played alot of RW... Granlund the playmaker, Zucker the speed merchant and Nino the finisher. A third line of Seto-Brodziak-Coyle seems like a good combo too.

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota
While I think it would be pre-mature to start trying to put together fan-lines...

I am not even remotely on board with trying Coyle as the second line center. In my mind, I would rather do a bit more mixing of the lines...

Parise - Koivu - Nino (playmaker - grinder - shooter)
Heatley - Brodziak - Granlund (shooter - grinder - playmaker)
Pominville - Coyle - Setoguchi (playmaker - grinder - shooter)
Mitchell - Dowell - Rupp
Konopka

Each of the top-9 sets has a strong, defensively responsible player to balance out the weaker. Unfortunately, the weaker defensive forwards would all (essentially) be on the RW side and could easily be exploited.

Easily offset by having the stronger D on the right side.

/shrug

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Really hope the chirps a lot not afraid of anyone scouting is correct.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
I'd love to hear what people in Portland have to say about Nino and attitude.

That was before his time with NYI.
There you go.

I can personally guarantee Nino doesn't have an attitude prob. The Isles just didn't develop his potential.
http://twitter.com/AbovetheGlass/status/352172294619140096
He's a good player and person who just wants to play. MN is a fresh start and I know Nino will embrace it.
http://twitter.com/AbovetheGlass/status/352188457193447424

I still don't like his agent.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
iirc Latendresse was labeled "soft" by a lot of Habs fans. He turned out alright.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Then his softness costed him many playoff games + a contract extension in OTT.

Wondering which team will give him another chance.

no ****? that's why he wasn't playing? damn, man.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
The thing with Ryan White at the end of a playoff game was a major turn off for the Sens staff.

Yes, free agent as well.

eeeee...that youtube was painful to watch. to be fair i was talking more about physical play than dodging fights. when we picked him up i was expecting a big guy that just skated around not hitting anyone or going to the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad