Confirmed with Link: [NYI/MIN] Cal Clutterbuck + 2013 3rd for Nino Niederreiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
rt @stapenewsday: #isles have acquired cal clutterbuck from the wild for nino niederreiter.
Islanders have acquired Cal Clutterbuck from the Wild for Nino Niederreiter. #TSN #NHLDraft
#Isles also get Wild's 3rd round pick today, No. 70 overall, in deal.

Hockey's Future 7.0C
Wikipedia
HockeyDB

nino-niederreiter-opxv-4611.jpg

Welcome to Minnesota, El Niño.

Last edited:

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Nino was actually one of my favorite prospects his draft year...Clutterbuck going to be reunited with Tavares, haha. Martin and Clutterbuck will be pounding down Eastern D.

I actually think this is great use of an asset! Power forward prospect for RFA Clutterbuck...

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Not sure how I feel about this initially, just knowing Nino really didn't develop well on Long Island, but considering Clutterbucks marginal value has the potential to be an absolute steel.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Very Cool. Nino has some great skill, hopefully he comes in with a 'starting over' attitude and excels. Could be a GREAT 2nd or 3rd line winger.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
I'll miss Cal. We dieniftely traded away the sure-fire contributor. Don't like being forced to do that with poor cap management.

As for Nino, he's intriguing. But it's kinda like trading for Pouliot. High pick, no NHL production. Very much a high-risk trade.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
like this deal for both teams. jesus are the Isles going to be bruising people next year or what?

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Well, doesn't clear cap-space or a roster forward spot if Nino's on the team, but can't complain about the value. Hopefully the 11-12 season didn't ruin him, decent year last year in the AHL. Still alot of upside at 20(21 in Sept.).

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
oooo and a pick we gave them. so much for moving up in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad