Proposal: NYI/Leafs Trade

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
The last one.
I am having trouble recalling even 1 Isles/Leaf game where I came away impressed with Nylander's physical play.

Cannot recall 1. No interest in Nylander Certainly not at the cost if Dobson ( or Pulock).
And not at the ridiculous suggestion of $7.5m- $8m per.

That contract headache is Toronto's to deal with.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
I am having trouble recalling even 1 Isles/Leaf game where I came away impressed with Nylander's physical play.

Cannot recall 1. No interest in Nylander Certainly not at the cost if Dobson ( or Pulock).
And not at the ridiculous suggestion of $7.5m- $8m per.

That contract headache is Toronto's to deal with.

So you have a ridiculously small sample size first off. And just because he isn't overly physical does not mean he is soft. And no, I don't want dobson or pulock for nylander either. We want to keep him and we will. It it really isn't a headache. Literally part of the day to day job of a gm to figure things like this out. So really don't know what you are going on about.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I think Leaf's best bet is to trade Nylander for Faulk. Isles are not good trading partners unless you want bottom 5/6/7 dmen or wingers

Cygnusx1018

Jul 17, 2017
Hard pass from the island. Dobson is a top D prospect, and Bellows has been outstanding in camp. I'm a huge Nylander fan, but I'm not willing to give up these two pieces for him

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
gotta lol at the no comments from isles fans.

Bellows was a 19 OA pick. a year ago he looked like a bust after a measly 14pts in 34 games in the NCAA. thats awful for a 1st rd pick in his draft +1. He rebounded in the WHL in hius draft +2, but he isn't likely to be even close to nylander in the NHL

Dobson is a very good prospect. leafs would love to have them. but they are kinda in a win now mode. he doesnt help for 3-4 years likely, and they have a prospect a year ahead in liljegren already.

Nylander with back to back 60+pt seasons in the NHL, and still just 22, is easily worth two good but not elite prospects.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Dobson was 12th, I wouldn't call that "well out" and could've very easily gone significantly higher. I'd rather have Dobson over Nylander at the same age.
in Nylanders draft + 1 he had 20 pts in 21 pts in the SHL on an AWFUL team (Leading scorer had 25pts in 54 games) then he just went and tossed up 32pts in 37 games as the youngest kid in the AHL.

good luck topping that dobson.

maybe, just maybe there is a reason dobson slid to 12? he is a clear notch below bouchard,boqvist and the other d imho

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
leafs would love to have them. but they are kinda in a win now mode. he doesnt help for 3-4 years likely.

Until the Leafs address their defense, they aren't in a win now mode(not saying Dobson is the answer short term or even long term but they will need to address the defense at some point)

I will sort of agree with you in one sense about Dobson being young they won't get the full potential for at least 4-6 years(in all reality they need 25+ year old top pairing guys) so he might not be the best fit if they want to matchup their forward with experienced defensemen

Last edited:

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
No interest in shipping out a physical beast, who makes his living in front of the net,to bring in a soft, 60 point winger who has not even established he can play center in the nhl.

Nah, let Toronto overpay Nylander
Don't forget he is a me first player who likes his beard now:popcorn:

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
It is highly doubtful Nylander would be a great wingman for Barzal. Both are puck dominant players, both like to have the puck on their sticks, both like to enter the zone with the puck. They would be working at cross purposes. Really if you already have one of the best in the NHL that does these things, Barzal. You do not want a lesser player and I say this in all respect to Nylander, but he is simply not as good as Barzal at these things, that takes away puck time from a creator of Barzal's talent. I would much rather have the potential of Bellows as a goal scorer than Nylander as Barzal's winger. Barzal needs someone to finish his passes more than a Nylander.
Ok. This is stunning. You are not even pretending to understand this game

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Nylander isn't worth two first rd picks nor does this trade make sense for either side. If anything let's see what Nylander does next year.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
So you have a ridiculously small sample size first off. And just because he isn't overly physical does not mean he is soft. And no, I don't want dobson or pulock for nylander either. We want to keep him and we will. It it really isn't a headache. Literally part of the day to day job of a gm to figure things like this out. So really don't know what you are going on about.
Glad you do not want Dobson or Pulock in a Nylander deal because they are not available. Between the nyi nhl wingers and prospects expected to be nhl ready over the next 1-12 months,Isles need to exercise patience, not rush to overpay a 60 pt,top 6 winger.

And Nylander's next physical game against the nyi will be his 1st.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
in Nylanders draft + 1 he had 20 pts in 21 pts in the SHL on an AWFUL team (Leading scorer had 25pts in 54 games) then he just went and tossed up 32pts in 37 games as the youngest kid in the AHL.

good luck topping that dobson.

maybe, just maybe there is a reason dobson slid to 12? he is a clear notch below bouchard,boqvist and the other d imho

Maybe there is a reason Barzal slid to 16th overall and Pulock slid to 15th overall too. Cause you know, talented kids cannot possibly silde in the first round :popcorn:

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Lol, good luck with acquiring two blue chip prospects for a 20 goal scoring RFA who refuses to sign anything less than a 7 m/y contract when future HoF:er Erik Karlsson netted a bunch of nobodies.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Glad you do not want Dobson or Pulock in a Nylander deal because they are not available. Between the nyi nhl wingers and prospects expected to be nhl ready over the next 1-12 months,Isles need to exercise patience, not rush to overpay a 60 pt,top 6 winger.

And Nylander's next physical game against the nyi will be his 1st.
Who cares if they are or not available when we don't need them in the first place? You come off as a scorned ex gf in this post. Our team is solid and we don’t want to subtract from it like dubas has said. Go figure your situation out.

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
Lol, good luck with acquiring two blue chip prospects for a 20 goal scoring RFA who refuses to sign anything less than a 7 m/y contract when future HoF:er Erik Karlsson netted a bunch of nobodies.

But, but, but......he's a Maple Leaf! That alone doubles his value!!

Reactions: Bronson

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
gotta lol at the no comments from isles fans.
Bellows was a 19 OA pick. a year ago he looked like a bust after a measly 14pts in 34 games in the NCAA. thats awful for a 1st rd pick in his draft +1. He rebounded in the WHL in hius draft +2, but he isn't likely to be even close to nylander in the NHL
Most of us are dumbfounded that this thread exists. Bellows will be in the NHL this year, and he looks nothing like a bust. Our needs are on the back line and in net, so these help out the Leaf proposals do not need much commentary.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Its a fair deal.
Nylander was drafted 8th overall. The other two were well out of the top 10. Willie has proven it at the NHL level. The other two haven't.

1 draft position does not matter after the fact as there are steals in every draft
2 not all drafts are equal . remember Yakupov draft year ? Murray went 2nd OA and while he been ok as a player he never has come close to his draft position . If both of them were in last year draft , forget what we know about their careers to date , I doubt the go top 10

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Nylander is 22 lol

I think value is fair, but if the Leafs are trading a star player, they hope to get a piece that is a little more guaranteed than two good prospects.

Edit: Willie is being underrated to **** and prospects are being vastly overrated, as usual.

Value aside .

Coming from a TML fan this is gold . Go look at some of the proposal made on these board by TML fans for D . Everyone of them offer prospect that Leafs fans call can't miss prospects and none of them are on the level of the NYI prospects in this thread

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Offersheet still values at 1+2+3.

The prososal in OP is 2x1st, which makes it overpriced by definition. Just pointing the obvious here.

Reactions: Bronson

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Who cares if they are or not available when we don't need them in the first place? You come off as a scorned ex gf in this post. Our team is solid and we don’t want to subtract from it like dubas has said. Go figure your situation out.

This is the 2nd Nylander for Dobson + thread in the last 2 weeks, started by a Leaf fan.
There are no nyi fans discussing ' how can the isles get Nylander' . Kind of amusing that you suggest I go figure the nyi situation out, when it is your fellow Leaf fans expecting other teams to give up top blue chippers for Toronto's 60 pt, contract headache.

Reactions: PWJunior

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Offersheet still values at 1+2+3.

The prososal in OP is 2x1st, which makes it overpriced by definition. Just pointing the obvious here.
Any team stupid enough to give Nylander the $7.5- $8m proposed in this thread, deserves to be in cap hell.

Let Toronto deal with their cap headache.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad