Proposal: NYI/Leafs Trade

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
This is the 2nd Nylander for Dobson + thread in the last 2 weeks, started by a Leaf fan.
There are no nyi fans discussing ' how can the isles get Nylander' . Kind of amusing that you suggest I go figure the nyi situation out, when it is your fellow Leaf fans expecting other teams to give up top blue chippers for Toronto's 60 pt, contract headache.
Firstly the op is not a leafs fan. Secondly, you do realize nylander was a blue chip prospect, a way better one than dobson and then actually converted with two sixty point seasons in a row. You are talking as if this is his peak and dobson will be a sure fire 1D. News flash, that's not how it works, you should know how prospects can bust, you've seen guys like nino and strome up close. What bias. We are perfectly happy with our '60 pt' winger that has ppg potential. Also, seriously, no rational leaf fan wants to subtract. One day you will figure out that when you are actually trying to compete in the playoffs, prospects, teams need players, not prospects. So yeah, continue with you biased garbage descriptions of the two players.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Firstly the op is not a leafs fan. Secondly, you do realize nylander was a blue chip prospect, a way better one than dobson and then actually converted with two sixty point seasons in a row. You are talking as if this is his peak and dobson will be a sure fire 1D. News flash, that's not how it works, you should know how prospects can bust, you've seen guys like nino and strome up close. What bias. We are perfectly happy with our '60 pt' winger that has ppg potential. Also, seriously, no rational leaf fan wants to subtract. One day you will figure out that when you are actually trying to compete in the playoffs, prospects, teams need players, not prospects. So yeah, continue with you biased garbage descriptions of the two players.

1. Scoring from the wings is an organizational strength between Lee,Eberle, Bailey, Beau and Bellows, JHS, Walhstrom are either expected to be in the nhl this season or next.

2. Dobson has the highest upside of any of the nyi blueliners. The best chance to develop into a #1D.

What is difficult to understand that you do not waste your top bluechippers, to fill a nonexistent need at wing?

member 147413

Value aside .

Coming from a TML fan this is gold . Go look at some of the proposal made on these board by TML fans for D . Everyone of them offer prospect that Leafs fans call can't miss prospects and none of them are on the level of the NYI prospects in this thread
How does me being a Leafs make my statement any less true?

Reactions: Max Money

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Weird thread. Isles could possibly lose Lee and Bellows projects to be a similar player. Dobson has already shown that he could be worthy of a nine game stint. Nylander doesn’t address a need for the Isles whereas Bellows and Dobson do.

Whether or not the Leafs are in “cap-hell” or not, they’re at a point where they’re contenders. They should be looking at picking up a top 6 with experience that could be an adequate fill-in in the case of injury (and they will not need to trade Nylander to acquire that defender)

Values not there for either team.

The only thing Toronto really can do (as far as trading Nylander) is look at a one on one trade for a defender and the $ needed to acquire that player would probably be more than whatever Nylander eventually gets

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
1. Scoring from the wings is an organizational strength between Lee,Eberle, Bailey, Beau and Bellows, JHS, Walhstrom are either expected to be in the nhl this season or next.

2. Dobson has the highest upside of any of the nyi blueliners. The best chance to develop into a #1D.

What is difficult to understand that you do not waste your top bluechippers, to fill a nonexistent need at wing?
Ummm, what is so hard to understand that we are competing right now and don't want your guys anyway??

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Dobson+Bellows are part of the Islanders rebuild. No way they give up that for Nylander. Thats like 2 first rounders for Nylander, considering where Dobson+Bellows were drafted. And no way Nylanders worth that much.

Have you seen what the Islanders do with their firsts? Besides Brazal hasn't been pretty.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
gotta lol at the no comments from isles fans.

Bellows was a 19 OA pick. a year ago he looked like a bust after a measly 14pts in 34 games in the NCAA. thats awful for a 1st rd pick in his draft +1. He rebounded in the WHL in hius draft +2, but he isn't likely to be even close to nylander in the NHL

Dobson is a very good prospect. leafs would love to have them. but they are kinda in a win now mode. he doesnt help for 3-4 years likely, and they have a prospect a year ahead in liljegren already.

Nylander with back to back 60+pt seasons in the NHL, and still just 22, is easily worth two good but not elite prospects.
Nylander at 8M isn't worth Dobson alone. For Nylander to be worth this package he'd need to be signed at 6.5x5

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I am having trouble recalling even 1 Isles/Leaf game where I came away impressed with Nylander's physical play.

Cannot recall 1. No interest in Nylander Certainly not at the cost if Dobson ( or Pulock).
And not at the ridiculous suggestion of $7.5m- $8m per.

That contract headache is Toronto's to deal with.
Obviously, no one would be expected to know every play by a particular player during the course of a few games out of 82. Scoring wise as an Islanders fan I think it is Far more likely that you would remember the February 22nd game when Willy was 0 PTS and a minus 2 while Barzal had 3 point night. Rather than the next game when Nylander played tough minutes and was a plus 2. I think they only played 2 games.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Have you seen what the Islanders do with their firsts? Besides Brazal hasn't been pretty.
We are also pretty happy with Pulock coming off a 32 pt rookie season and 21 yr old Beau,coming off a 21 goal season.

Pretty amused to see such concern from opposing fans over Dobson & Bellows :sarcasm:,both of whom are having very good training camps,drawing praise from Trotz and making their cases to stick.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Obviously, no one would be expected to know every play by a particular player during the course of a few games out of 82. Scoring wise as an Islanders fan I think it is Far more likely that you would remember the February 22nd game when Willy was 0 PTS and a minus 2 while Barzal had 3 point night. Rather than the next game when Nylander played tough minutes and was a plus 2. I think they only played 2 games.

Gonna repeat this again ,Nylander's next physical or chippy game against the nyi will be his first. Feel free though to go back and cherry pick his more productive games against the nyi.
Not interested in paying a high price for a scoring winger when Lee,Eberle, Bailey, Beau, Bellows,JHS and Wahlstrom are either in the isles top 6 or knocking on the nhl door.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Gonna repeat this again ,Nylander's next physical or chippy game against the nyi will be his first. Feel free though to go back and cherry pick his more productive games against the nyi.
Not interested in paying a high price for a scoring winger when Lee,Eberle, Bailey, Beau, Bellows,JHS and Wahlstrom are either in the isles top 6 or knocking on the nhl door.
No need to cry. I did not cherry pick anything I mentioned both his games against NYI last year as a way to point out the obvious; that you could not know what the actions of one player on an opposing team did over the 82 game schedule. If you don't like him, fine. No need to get over excited. I just gave you the facts. You can accept them or not but they don't change.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Since my team will not be the one on the hook for the $7.5m- $8m per, it really is not a concern.

Let Toronto overpay .I am cool with that:popcorn:
Leafs won't pay him that either. He can take a break like Khabibulin did years ago. Leafs will take one on the chin for the rest of the league to contain the cap and prevent a lockout. You should immediately begin thanking them.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
No need to cry. I did not cherry pick anything I mentioned both his games against NYI last year as a way to point out the obvious; that you could not know what the actions of one player on an opposing team did over the 82 game schedule. If you don't like him, fine. No need to get over excited. I just gave you the facts. You can accept them or not but they don't change.
Bud,I am far from crying.
Leaf fans are so overly dramatic.

And it is not a question of liking or disliking Nylander. My franchise's biggest needs are #1D and #1G. Nylander does not fill either need, so why would I be in favor of giving up a bluechipper in Dobson, who has the highest upside of any of the young blueliners?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Leafs won't pay him that either. He can take a break like Khabibulin did years ago. Leafs will take one on the chin for the rest of the league to contain the cap and prevent a lockout. You should immediately begin thanking them.

Could not care less, whether he plays in the nhl this year or whenever.

And the Leafs are trying to hold his salary down for their benefit. So,I will hold off on giving thanks :laugh:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Bud,I am far from crying.
Leaf fans are so overly dramatic.

And it is not a question of liking or disliking Nylander. My franchise's biggest needs are #1D and #1G. Nylander does not fill either need, so why would I be in favor of giving up a bluechipper in Dobson, who has the highest upside of any of the young blueliners?
Now, that is a reason. You are entitled to to it. You don't think it will help your team.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Could not care less, whether he plays in the nhl this year or whenever.

And the Leafs are trying to hold his salary down for their benefit. So,I will hold off on giving thanks :laugh:
So now you think he is good. Great...glad we have that established

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
So now you think he is good. Great...glad we have that established
I have the same opinion, I had in the 1st Nylander for Dobson + thread.

Nylander's a skilled, soft 60 pt winger who I would not move Dobson alone for. He is a luxury item and not a necessity for an isles franchise deep in scoring wingers. Hope that clears it up.

Reactions: Notsince67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad