Trade: [NY/DAL] Porzingis, Burke, Hardaway, and Lee for 2021 and 2023 1sts, DAJ, Matthews, and DSJ

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I might be in the minority but I like this deal for the Knicks.
Porzingis is a giant risk being a tall, skinny big man coming off a very serious injury. It's possible that he might never be the same or at least become more prone to injury as a result of this one.

I wonder if the 2019 1st has protection. If not, I think the Knicks could make out like bandits.
I'm assuming that they'll add at least one max player now. Team is setting themselves up very well FINALLY after 2 decades of futility.

Reactions: Stamkos Indulgence

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I might be in the minority but I like this deal for the Knicks.
Porzingis is a giant risk being a tall, skinny big man coming off a very serious injury. It's possible that he might never be the same or at least become more prone to injury as a result of this one.

I wonder if the 2019 1st has protection. If not, I think the Knicks could make out like bandits.

its a boom or bust deal for NY

they now have room for 2 max FAs and could still land the #1 pick in the process. or they'll strike out on everything and this deal will set them back years

for dallas its an excellent deal. if healthy, zinger and doncic will be a dangerous duo for years

Reactions: Voight

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Because it's New York. Because it's Madison Square Garden. Because if the Knicks ever do get good again there aren't many better places to be an NBA star.
Yeah, that's fair.

A guy like KD who won the snakey way he did would be a perfect fit to go there I suppose. If he doesn't win, well the Knicks never win and he already won with G.S. If he does then he is a hero who went to the Knicks when they were nothing.

I also hadn't seen anything about a 1st, if that is unprotected it could be a very good pick.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Really good move for the Mavs - if K Porzee can return to form they have two really really good building blocks. It’s risky but they really didn’t give up anything crazy aside from DSJ.

Knicks fans better hope they land Zion + KD or Kyrie this summer.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

It gets crazier! If he actually does it then he's an UFA next summer.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Because it's New York. Because it's Madison Square Garden. Because if the Knicks ever do get good again there aren't many better places to be an NBA star.

Fair point but KD isn’t someone who really cares for the spotlight or to play in a major city. However if he’s looking for max $$$ NY is the team that will give him it in a heartbeat.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
its a boom or bust deal for NY

they now have room for 2 max FAs and could still land the #1 pick in the process. or they'll strike out on everything and this deal will set them back years

for dallas its an excellent deal. if healthy, zinger and doncic will be a dangerous duo for years

Even if they don't land the big fish, they still get a very good young scoring guard and a high draft pick. I think signing Porzingis to a max deal had more chance to bust than making this deal. Big men who get seriously injured early in their career worry me a lot, just too much history there with others having their careers derailed by injury.

In any event, I'd say the chances of them landing a big fish are very high so I don't see a big bust factor IMO.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Fair point but KD isn’t someone who really cares for the spotlight or to play in a major city. However if he’s looking for max $$$ NY is the team that will give him it in a heartbeat.

Wasn't really talking about KD specifically, just that the Knicks are always at least potentially a very desirable franchise to play for.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I refuse to believe Porzingis signs the QO until he does. That's an absurd risk at his size and injury history. I know he can buy insurance, but still.

@Jack Straw Well thank you, now I know there's a basketball forum.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
He's gonna sign the QO?

Hmmm that changes things quite a lot. NYK didn't do too bad here. Dallas should enjoy Porzingis while they have him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad