Trade: [NY/DAL] Porzingis, Burke, Hardaway, and Lee for 2021 and 2023 1sts, DAJ, Matthews, and DSJ

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Rumors have more credence in 2019, players use the media as an indirect way to tamper. I really do get the cynicism, but I really think this time is different.
Agree to disagree. I see no reason why any superstar player would want to play for the New York Knicks so long as Dolan runs that team.

There are so many other destinations that are more attractive than New York.

Reactions: Stamkos Indulgence

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
We laugh off the possibility of FA's coming to NYC because as long as Dolan is running that team, FA's aren't going to want to sign there. Who have they signed in the last 15 years that was a significant player? Amare Stoudamire?

The summer is going to come and go and, once again, the Knicks are going to have nothing to show for it. Unless, that is, they make the same mistake of giving bad players big contracts to further screw themselves.

FWIW Dolan hasn’t really been running the team for a minute now. In fact him trying not to interfere anymore was why Phil got to f*** shit up for so long. Now granted, his impatient & shortsighted ass will probably forget that he’s trying not to interfere the moment the meeting with KD & Kyrie gets scheduled...but so far he’s been treating the Knicks like the Rangers and focusing on his “music career”.

I don’t expect to land any stars, and I didn’t think we had a chance to offer LeBron anything more than Miami could in 2010...but there’s a lot of little circumstantial stuff that suggests this time might be different.

That all said, my dream scenario will continue to be taking on money for assets with our capspace & letting the tank roll for another year or two...at least...but I’m doubtful that I’ll get my wish.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Dolan has a very bad rep around the league even if he isn't as involved as he used to be. Hence why the Knicks haven't exactly been able to attract star players the last 20 years.

It even goes down to their own picks --

Reactions: dahrougem2

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And Dolan deserves that reputation...but he does seem to be doing a lot better of late, that's all I was saying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad