Rumor: NSH, TOR & BOS inquiring on Chris Kreider

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
For the record, Dubas has never said he would not trade any of Kapanen, Johnsson, Liljegren or Sandin. I think its safe to assume he'd rather keep them all but I'm quite sure he understands you need to give to get. Not that it means he'll make a deal involving any of them either. Just depends what he gets offered

It's been reported he isn't trading them for rentals.

I doubt he deals them for 1 year left players too.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I can't see the Rangers trading Kreider for a package that lacks an NHL player. They need some sort of buffer in there. They'll get enough futures for Hayes, McQuaid and Zucc.

Reactions: bl02

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I wouldn't trade Kreider to Boston at all because none of their prospects interest me enough to consider a deal. Don't try to sell me on Carlo because I saw him get embarrassed by Chytil the last time we played Boston. From Toronto I would want a 2020 1st + Sandin + at least one other major piece. From Nashville 2020 1st + Tolvanen + at least one other major piece which unless its Fabbro its gotta be two prospects of the tier just below Fabbro. Everyone will say it's an overpayment, and that is probably true. I don't care. Kreider is one of the league leaders in GAR this season. You don't trade a player like him on that contract to a contender unless the offer completely blows you away. For Kreider you need to get a younger player whose ceiling is greater than what Kreider currently is right now.
I am a Bruin fan and would like to see someone like Kreider in a Bs uniform , but not at the expense of Carlo. I don't know about your hockey IQ but young shutdown defense men do not grow on trees..........

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Unsure, but it would be high. A bit like McDonough in that its an asset signed through next year, so they would probably really have to wow NYR. And Tampa has the assets (and trading history, like you say) to probably get something done. But if you're in Tampa's shoes there's no sense in removing any major parts from a roster that is cruising to a top seed. They're probably looking at Simmonds for futures.

NY would be fine with taking futures as well, we could also take a contract without too much term.......but those futures would have to include Raddysh and or Foote. It is likely that you have a great shot at winning it all this year......we would already own Tampa's first in that case. It would be interesting to see what package they could come up with.

BTW...Rangers recall Lias Andersson, put Howden on IR. That puts them as 23.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
No kidding. When was the last time a team dealt both of their top 2 prospects in the same deal?

Well there is little else that the Rangers would want. Kreider is not being moved unless the deal is attractive to NY.
A late first is rather irrelevant, we don't really want a roster player unless it is a top 6 and you can't afford to part with that or Fiala.

Reactions: dumpin

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I don’t know about that price. I think Larry’s quite off on that. I think it’s hogwash, but I think the point he’s making is accurate and has been what I’ve said all along about Kreider. I don’t see him being moved barring an overpayment.

Kreider isn’t worth Nylander or McAvoy in any world. Ranger fans know that and I’m sure Gorton knows that as well.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I can't see the Rangers trading Kreider for a package that lacks an NHL player. They need some sort of buffer in there. They'll get enough futures for Hayes, McQuaid and Zucc.

The problem is that in the event they move Kreider, it would realistically be to a contending team......would a team in that situation move a top 6 roster player back? or would it be less painful to move futures? The Rangers can sign a UFA or two to field a team if they need to. I am not interested in getting another Namestnikov back. I like the guy but he clearly needs extreme talent to be productive.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Johnsson for 1.5 years of Kreider.

Simular to the JT Miller for Namestnikov deal.

barr7622

Nov 20, 2018
I am a Bruin fan and would like to see someone like Kreider in a Bs uniform , but not at the expense of Carlo. I don't know about your hockey IQ but young shutdown defense men do not grow on trees..........
Looking at Carlo's metrics and micro stats I see a defenseman that is above average at limiting possession zone entries with a below average transition game and like you said no offensive game at all. He's underwater in relative corsi for % at even strength as well. Thats definitely not something that the Rangers would want in a defenseman. So personally I'm happy that the Bruins love him so much because I think it would be a dumb trade for the Rangers.

Cherry Picker

Sep 29, 2011
That’s putrid. Kreider is on pace for 33 goals, Johnsson wouldn’t hit that in the AHL

I terms of value I think it's close. Johnsson looks to have 30-30 potential whereas Kreider, while playing well this season, has a career high of 53 points. Both Hayes and Kreider have inflated stats as the Rangers have very little up front to work with.

Cherry Picker

Sep 29, 2011
Wow , took till post 25 this thread . That's a new record

Poster is just stating the obvious that with Leafs' cap; equal $$$ has to go out in any deals. If you looks at the Leafs payroll, that would mean a guy like Gardiner (UFA), Marleau (snowball's chance in hell) or Zaitsev go in the deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad